This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why I hate this generation of gaming.

#1LittlejefferyPosted 12/10/2012 10:24:26 AM
1) Games no longer feel special: What do you play video games for? I (and most other gamers) play video games to escape reality, to do things that we normally can't do in real life. Whatever happened to iconic video game characters (like tomba, crash bandicoot, etc) in fantasy settings? Nowadays too many games have realistic settings and realistic graphics and it really doesn't help that this is basically what this generation of gaming consists of.

2) Games cost $60: I know that the production cost of gaming has increased, but $60 really?! For me (and most other gamers) this generation of gaming has come down to waiting a year or a few months for a price drop and it's not because we don't have the money, no it's because of the fact that no game is worth $60.

3) Dlc: In previous generations of gaming, when we bought a video game, we got the full experience right off the bat. At first, dlc sounded like a good idea, content legitmately made after the game has been released, content that legitimately wasn't included in the final product due to time restraints. How many times have you seen content made way before a game is released, but the developers insist on making said content a preorder bonus? The most recent example of this is the 20 preorder outfits for Playstation Allstars Battle Royale. How many times have you seen dlc being released THE SAME DAY that the final prododuct is released? Dlc is the plaque of gaming and it NEEDS to be banned.

4) On-disc dlc: The gaming industry has become soo corrupt and greedy this generation that they purposely cut content from the game during production and expect us to pay for it later. The main offenders of this unacceptable business practice are Capcom and E.A (there are others, but these are the main ones). Dlc completely kills the gaming experience and is frustrating to us gamers. On-disc dlc should be a crime punishable by death (that should stop all of these dlc scandals). Dlc has left a scar in the face of gaming... and scars NEVER heal.

5) Call of Duty: Who else is getting sick and tired of all of these fps games getting released? Call of Dookie is the same generic first person shooter EVERY SINGLE YEAR. People stand in line and waste $60 on Call of Duty EVERY SINGLE YEAR while actual good games like Trinity Souls of Zill O'll, Tales of games, Transformers War and Fall of Cybertron, etc get horribly underrated. The Call of Duty games may LOOK different every year, but the truth is that it's the SAME GAME with a fresh coat of paint... spray paint.

6) Madden/NBA/Fifa 2,whatever (any sports games): See #6 Call of Duty. Neither Call of Duty or any sports games deserve their popularity.

With all of this being said, I cannot bear the thought of what the future of gaming has in store. I want to hear your thoughts on this matter. That's all that I have to say for now, back to playing more Super Smash Bros =D
---
SSBB fc: 4855-0629-0547 Name: WL
Mario Kart Wii fc: 0216-7101-8263 Name: Waluigi
#2Dark_Soldier42Posted 12/10/2012 10:26:06 AM
Number 2.

Clearly you did not play games during the 90s (or your parents bought them for you). Games cost as much as $70 and that is without adding inflation cost. Seriously $60 is nothing
---
PSN - ShadowE17
"Ignorant people with opinions are the biggest threat to Society"
#3PorungaPosted 12/10/2012 10:26:13 AM
Cool story bro.
#4Littlejeffery(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 10:29:05 AM
Dark_Soldier42 posted...
Number 2.

Clearly you did not play games during the 90s (or your parents bought them for you). Games cost as much as $70 and that is without adding inflation cost. Seriously $60 is nothing

I was born in 1991, by the time I played my very first game, games didn't cost that much.
---
SSBB fc: 4855-0629-0547 Name: WL
Mario Kart Wii fc: 0216-7101-8263 Name: Waluigi
#5spectermaster14Posted 12/10/2012 10:29:12 AM
ITT: Realistic games are bad because there are too many of them, there should be too many cartoony games instead. Games in no way used to cost upwards of eighty dollars. CoD is worth complaining about because it has too many sequels, we should return to the NES era of Mega Man one through six and Mario, Mario 2, Mario 2 USA, and Mario 3.
#6ChaoticKnucklesPosted 12/10/2012 10:29:29 AM
Why I hate this generation of gamers:

See first post in this topic.
---
I boosted some of my trophies. Please, judge me about it.
#7VarronPosted 12/10/2012 10:31:48 AM
Littlejeffery posted...
1) Games no longer feel special

2) Games cost $60

3) Dlc

4) On-disc dlc

5) Call of Duty

6) Madden/NBA/Fifa 2,whatever (any sports games)

1) You're getting older.

2) They used to cost way more in the 90s.

3) Nobody is forcing you to buy them.

4) I agree with you on this one.

5) Don't like, don't buy.

6) See above.
---
Don't Hate Me
PSN: Snippuh
#8Large_TonberryPosted 12/10/2012 10:33:01 AM
The solution to all of your grievances: indie gaming.
#9cycledancePosted 12/10/2012 10:33:05 AM
spoiled whiny hating gamer.
#10gamestop27Posted 12/10/2012 10:34:42 AM
I agree with Point 1, it grates my nerves when I see so many people with a hard on for their games to be exactly what they're trying to escape.
---
A birther, a creationist, an anti-vaxxer, and a conspiracy theorist walk into a bar. They are the same person.