This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why I hate this generation of gaming.

#11servb0tsPosted 12/10/2012 10:34:57 AM
Every DLC including FREE,, is Bad DLC. people without internet connection are screwed.

This Gen has become more and more corrupt, with ever passing game. from Day 1 DLC, to Day 1 Patches to glitchy games, to Day 1 Online Passes for Offline Singleplayer games. to Locked on Disc DLC & DLC endings. Next Gen will only get worse.
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P Megaman Legends 3
-PS3 FFXIV ARR 2.0 Day 1 Buy I can't wait to maxout Summoner
#12pokemon_45_79_1Posted 12/10/2012 10:35:51 AM
Every DLC including FREE,, is Bad DLC. people without internet connection are screwed.

This Gen has become more and more corrupt, with ever passing game. from Day 1 DLC, to Day 1 Patches to glitchy games, to Day 1 Online Passes for Offline Singleplayer games. to Locked on Disc DLC & DLC endings. Next Gen will only get worse.
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P Megaman Legends 3
-PS3 FFXIV ARR 2.0 Day 1 Buy I can't wait to maxout Summoner

I agree next gen is going to get worse a lot more then this gen.
---
Ryoma / Sora / Naruto / Luffy / Ginta
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#13Littlejeffery(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 10:36:30 AM
servb0ts posted...

I wholeheartdly agree.
---
SSBB fc: 4855-0629-0547 Name: WL
Mario Kart Wii fc: 0216-7101-8263 Name: Waluigi
#14killakPosted 12/10/2012 10:37:48 AM
Varron posted...
Littlejeffery posted...
1) Games no longer feel special

2) Games cost $60

3) Dlc

4) On-disc dlc

5) Call of Duty

6) Madden/NBA/Fifa 2,whatever (any sports games)

1) You're getting older.

2) They used to cost way more in the 90s.

3) Nobody is forcing you to buy them.

4) I agree with you on this one.

5) Don't like, don't buy.

6) See above.

Great f***ing post
---
..you're supposed to put spoilers when you talk about the color of the sky. some people haven't seen it yet. - llaW_Enots
#15Littlejeffery(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 10:38:07 AM
ChaoticKnuckles posted...
Why I hate this generation of gamers:

See first post in this topic.

Sucks for you because I'm not going anywhere anytime soon.
---
SSBB fc: 4855-0629-0547 Name: WL
Mario Kart Wii fc: 0216-7101-8263 Name: Waluigi
#16jammiesPosted 12/10/2012 10:41:18 AM
I love this generation of gaming.
I don't love this generation of gamers.
I miss the old days when gamers didn't whine incessantly. Then the Internet happened.

---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#17crazyman32Posted 12/10/2012 10:42:56 AM
I don't agree TC.I don't hate this generation of gaming at all and I am looking forward to the great games coming out next year with a smile on my face.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KaOrSuWZeM
#18crazyman32Posted 12/10/2012 10:44:14 AM
jammies posted...
I love this generation of gaming.
I don't love this generation of gamers.
I miss the old days when gamers didn't whine incessantly. Then the Internet happened.

agreed.The whining has gone out of control on game sites like this one and trolls are all over.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KaOrSuWZeM
#19spectermaster14Posted 12/10/2012 10:44:32 AM
Also, of all the stupid points these threads make, the DLC one is always the most irksome to me. No, in many cases you actually didn't get the whole game. Roster updates and balance tweaks were sold as entirely new games. Extra and cut content was left untouched until ports made years down the line. Extra scenarios and characters were added into re-releases of games, meaning you'd need to buy yourself a new copy just to play them.

Silent Hill 2 is always my favorite example. It's a story driven adventure game, you WANT more story. Restless Dreams added a new ending and a whole new scenario. But what if I already have SH2? I have to pay twenty bucks just to get a three hour extra campaign and a new ending. I'm invested in the story, I WANT this new content... But a new copy of the game? Not worth it. Nowadays that add on would be a five to ten dollar download pack.

This wasn't a rare thing, either. RE: Director's Cut, the umpteen Street Fighter 2 updates, Ocarina of Time: Master Quest, KH's Final Mix versions, Ultimate MK3, the Gamecube ports of the Sonic Adventure games, the PS2 port of RE: Code Veronica, the PS2 port of Viewtiful Joe... Cut and extra content was either lost to the ages or repackaged as a full retail release and sold at full price. It's nice to have an option for much cheaper new content.
#20PorungaPosted 12/10/2012 10:44:57 AM
Littlejeffery posted...
ChaoticKnuckles posted...
Why I hate this generation of gamers:

See first post in this topic.

Sucks for you because I'm not going anywhere anytime soon.

How empty is your life, that you feel that you have to sit on a internet forum and whine and complain and preach to people that don't care what you think? Does it make you feel better, to get it off your chest?
Don't you have some real life friends that you can get soggy with your tears?