This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why I hate this generation of gaming.

#211Shinobi120Posted 12/10/2012 4:20:41 PM(edited)
CrimsonGear80 posted...
I would be more inclined to accept such opinions if I didn't already know that none of you care about people who have no internet connections. You only care about what you want.

Don't lie. We've all been on this board long enough to know this.

Oh, give me a break with that. I've been gaming since I was 4 with the NES. No sane gamer would defend something like On-Disc DLC, etc.

And this is why most gamers have stopped gaming this gen, because of this ****.
#212unnamedFerPosted 12/10/2012 4:20:00 PM
The only dlc should be free updates to fix bugs if they are too severe. Even for a marketing standpoint DLC sounds stupid.

So the game misses a character and could be improved? ok, thenwhy reap a few dimes with dlc when you can make a sequel improving on everything?
---
http://killer7.6.forumer.com/
#213nedrithPosted 12/10/2012 4:21:18 PM
I agree with 1.

I disagree with 2, Even assuming that the fact that in the past video games cost $60 or more(and they were worth it even more back then) inflation will take it's toll and prices had to go up eventually. If anything inflation has been slow in the gaming industry and it shows with the quality of games we get lately.

as for number 3, I've never liked any DLC, the free stuff is fine and a lot of time it's just given as a bonus because the company cares or because they forgot something. Many of times the paid stuff would of been released when the game was released, I mean most of the time the companies announce what DLC they are going to release before they release it. However I blame #3 more on #2. The fact that gamers are so mad about games going from $50 to $60 which hasn't really kept up with inflation much as it is considering at one point they were $60 already has kind of forced developers to find other ways to make that money back

#4 to me is the same thing as #3 on-disc DLC or future DLC is all the same minus they only good type of DLC which is the true, high enough quality to of been priced at expansion price content in store dlc. But again I blame this type of DLC on #2 for the same reason as I did in #3.

#5, people are stupid enough to pay for the same game every year. and they've been doing it for longer than CoD and such, for proof look at #6. It's wrong and I hope gamers wake up and find out how much money they are wasting but I doubt they will anytime soon.
#214LenneValkiryePosted 12/10/2012 4:23:25 PM
Littlejeffery posted...
1) Games no longer feel special: What do you play video games for? I (and most other gamers) play video games to escape reality

Stopped reading here.
You take videogames way too seriously. Go outside.
#215rpglover13Posted 12/10/2012 4:23:42 PM
SilentS89 posted...
I dont know why people take threads like these so seriously, TC is just venting. He isn't demanding change. People act like TC is dumping on the generation of gaming that you personally crafted. Anyway my 2cents on the topic:

1: Yeah, realism shouldn't be included so often where it doesn't belong. The only place it belongs is where it helps immersion or fun, though realism and fun are usually at odds.

2: Just because games used to be more expensive doesn't mean the prices now are acceptable. Agree with TC.

3:DLC can be good or bad, usually bad, probably needs some kind of standards or rules to curb the worst excesses. Somebody smarter than me can make those rules.

4:On-disc DLC: Unacceptable, nothing apologists can say will change that.

5+6: Yeah, those games are boring.

I am pretty happy with this generation but I can still see the flaws. TC's points seem legit to me.
I'm pretty much concur with this. ESPECIALLY in points 4, DEFINITELY FIVE, and 6. The realism thing is more of a preference choice, different gamers like different genres(but I really do miss Crash Bandicoot). And point 2 depends on the game, there are some games that have enough content and quality to legitimately charge $60.
#216Littlejeffery(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 4:23:51 PM
SilentS89 posted...
I dont know why people take threads like these so seriously, TC is just venting. He isn't demanding change. People act like TC is dumping on the generation of gaming that you personally crafted. Anyway my 2cents on the topic:

1: Yeah, realism shouldn't be included so often where it doesn't belong. The only place it belongs is where it helps immersion or fun, though realism and fun are usually at odds.

2: Just because games used to be more expensive doesn't mean the prices now are acceptable. Agree with TC.

3:DLC can be good or bad, usually bad, probably needs some kind of standards or rules to curb the worst excesses. Somebody smarter than me can make those rules.

4:On-disc DLC: Unacceptable, nothing apologists can say will change that.

5+6: Yeah, those games are boring.

I am pretty happy with this generation but I can still see the flaws. TC's points seem legit to me.

I'm glad someone sees things from my perspective.
---
SSBB fc: 4855-0629-0547 Name: WL
Mario Kart Wii fc: 0216-7101-8263 Name: Waluigi
#217BarneyBoscoPosted 12/10/2012 4:24:11 PM
I agree with TC on 3 & 4. Hopefully when it gets really bad I'll have moved on from gaming. To those opposed to "whining" enjoy the future of paying subscription frees when enjoying your games online or paying for a game episodically or worse. You JRPG fans will be in the same boat as well eventually if not already.
---
http://www.mykaussie.com/images/Tennis1.jpg
#218ottothecat2003Posted 12/10/2012 4:28:42 PM
Patches and dlc are good things and if you can't figure out why, you don't deserve to play video games
---
Being anything other than an agnostic atheist is foolish.
#219regsantotomasPosted 12/10/2012 4:31:50 PM
Shinobi120 posted...
CrimsonGear80 posted...
I would be more inclined to accept such opinions if I didn't already know that none of you care about people who have no internet connections. You only care about what you want.

Don't lie. We've all been on this board long enough to know this.

Oh, give me a break with that. I've been gaming since I was 4 with the NES. No sane gamer would defend something like On-Disc DLC, etc.

And this is why most gamers have stopped gaming this gen, because of this ****.

I guess that I am insane then to believe that the location of DLC is immaterial whether on-disc or on a server. They simply must be considered on a case by case basis along with the initial product offering.

I didn't realize that most gamers have stopped gaming this generation because of something optional.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#220Littlejeffery(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 4:31:57 PM
LenneValkirye posted...
Littlejeffery posted...
1) Games no longer feel special: What do you play video games for? I (and most other gamers) play video games to escape reality

Stopped reading here.
You take videogames way too seriously. Go outside.

You take life way too seriously. Stay inside and play video games.
---
SSBB fc: 4855-0629-0547 Name: WL
Mario Kart Wii fc: 0216-7101-8263 Name: Waluigi