This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why I hate this generation of gaming.

#241Video_Game_CzarPosted 12/10/2012 7:02:23 PM
jammies posted...
I love this generation of gaming.
I don't love this generation of gamers.
I miss the old days when gamers didn't whine incessantly. Then the Internet happened.

You run for office, You have my vote.
---
PSN: VideoGameCzar l XBL: VideoGameCzar l Steam: TheVideoGameCzar
#242NejiHyuga900Posted 12/10/2012 7:04:52 PM
I only agree to 1, 2, maybe 3, and maybe 6 of your reasons. I didn't like the 7th generation of video games that much because there is so much hate and competition between games and gamers.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji
Steam name: NejiHyuga900
#243Majin_vegeta_Posted 12/10/2012 7:12:41 PM
go back to Nintendo they have all those things
---
To quote another poster: "It's a game where you ride motorcycle into space and punch god into the sun". -the game Bayonetta
#244SytherantisPosted 12/10/2012 7:14:09 PM
Older generations had Call of Duty.

Except, back then, it was called "Doom", "Quake", "Counter-Strike", or "Halo". And yes, gamers went out every year to get the latest one.

Massively popular competitive FPS is nothing new.
---
Friends don't let friends buy digital clothes with real money.
#245The_DespairPosted 12/10/2012 7:21:41 PM
The first point caught my attention.

I still think games are something special that are given to us. Even if they have some seriously reality-like graphics, I can escape into the story, the universe, the characters, what they feel, what they see, what they live. I've played Metal Gear Solid 4 cause I love the characters since the beginning, I know their story and I want to be a part of the end. I've played BlazBlue cause I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard 'cause of a videogame, thanks to you, gag reels. I've played LittleBigPlanet cause it makes me remember that when you got imagination, anything can happen. I've played Resonance of Fate because the gameplay is original. It made me think about what to do, how to defeat this ennemy. I've played DragonAge and Mass Effect because you wrote your own story. I've played Saints Row because it's own of the most f**ked game ever and it is awesome this way. I've played Uncharted because it's different and exciting.

But first of all, I still play video games because it's a passion and they are special. The same as a movie or a song can be.
#246HIroChuPosted 12/10/2012 7:23:04 PM
I agree with reason 2,3,4, and 5. But I don't hate games from this gen. I just didn't like them as much as last gen's games.
---
"Guess who uses bras as butt cheek holders?"
#247Valkyr_AesirPosted 12/10/2012 7:26:33 PM
Littlejeffery posted...
Dark_Soldier42 posted...
Number 2.

Clearly you did not play games during the 90s (or your parents bought them for you). Games cost as much as $70 and that is without adding inflation cost. Seriously $60 is nothing

I was born in 1991, by the time I played my very first game, games didn't cost that much.

Please....Valkyrie Profile used to cost $70 - $100. Now it's $500

If you're thinking today's generation of gaming sucks, then you have been influence by today's generation. All my years, I've been waiting RPG games to have amazing graphics, and here they are. I can sense that exploring taste much more.

Let me reply to every one of your complaints.

1. ) Games still feel special. Not all of them, but some of the titles. I don't know maybe from your feeling they aren't. But whenever I see a new game I like is going to come out, I feel thrilled, and keep saving money until then. I don't give a f*ck how long, I just want to play it. If you're playing to escape reality, then that's not what games are "all" about, sometimes they are, but to seclude yourself? That's wrong. Iconic characters? Of course we can't stay on the same path forever. Human advances technology, if change didn't happen, do you really think that would be fun? No, change is permanent as they say, and it's what makes this world go round and round.

2.) As a lot already said here, games cost way more or atleast the same back then. Truth be told, they actually cost less nowadays after a few months of being out, back then even after a year, they still costs like brand new.

3.) DLC? DLC was just made so you could download off the internet so you won't get your lazy ass off the couch. Back then it wasn't DLC, it was expansions. So of course, today we have a lot of DLCs, than expansions back then. But it was to keep the game going. If they were to invent DLCs back then, I'm sure they'll do the same thing today. Since they're also on Blu-Rays, or HD DVDs, they would also lack the memory space. MGS4 was a dual-layered Blu-Ray, because it was so big, they had to put two-in-one. You can't expect newer games to not consume large capacities. Back then it was kilos to megas, now it's gigs to teras, DLCs are made so it would consume the consoles memory, not the medium's low space. A single layered is 25, and dual is 50GB. Also, you can't ban that. As technology advances, so does the need for money and employees of certain companies. This isn't the 90s, kid, you can't expect them to stay on a low budget. That's how they work. Either you buy the DLC or not, they're not forcing you.

4.) ^ again...

5.) COD, as we all know still sucks. I liked the few, but not today. I mean, sure same game, same items, same everything...yea, that's why it just sucked. BUT YOU CAN'T BLAME THE ENTIRE GENERATION 'cause of one meezly game. There's a hella lot out there. Don't be an idiot.

6.) They're sports...how the f*ck can you expect to change the gameplay? Oh you want lazers coming out from Aaron Rodger's asscheeks? Don't compare it to an FPS game.

And with all you've said, and my replies. I hope you can see the understanding here that is there. The golden age of gaming was back then, now it's the survival of the wealthiest.

Again, understand what and why's it happening before you go blabbering your rectum outside.
#248TrueKirbyPosted 12/10/2012 7:33:04 PM
This generation of gaming sucks because King Of The Hill got cancelled and Propane isn't invloved in gaming anymore...
---
I had a bowl of milk for breakfast. Without any milk. People who agree:1 People who don't agree:0
#249SkyChatPosted 12/10/2012 7:37:05 PM
Littlejeffery posted...
Dark_Soldier42 posted...
Number 2.

Clearly you did not play games during the 90s (or your parents bought them for you). Games cost as much as $70 and that is without adding inflation cost. Seriously $60 is nothing

I was born in 1991, by the time I played my very first game, games didn't cost that much.

I'm from '73.
You're hilarious.
#250sirtonnePosted 12/10/2012 7:42:11 PM
As someone who started gaming in the 80's, I'm perma-facepalmed at how each generation of gamers gets more spoiled and entitled as the games get better and better. The things people complain about in games these days is a joke. Get off my lawn, all of you.