This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why I hate this generation of gaming.

#261Locke_is_deadPosted 12/10/2012 9:00:08 PM
Dark_Soldier42 posted...
Number 2.

Clearly you did not play games during the 90s (or your parents bought them for you). Games cost as much as $70 and that is without adding inflation cost. Seriously $60 is nothing

lol, someone had an n64...

Seriously man, ALL PS1 games cost $50 at most when initially released. And that droped to $40 around '99, then to $30 around '02.

On topic:

When they first announced that current gen games would retail for $60, I about **** myself from pure rage.

I mean, I can get FFVII, arguably the best game ever made for $20 right now. And I can get Call of Duty Black ops 2 (a generic shooter with, OMFG... NEW GUNS!!!!) for $60. Witch is all the worse when you considder that it'll be replaced in a year by ANOTHER generic FPS with new guns, rendering Black Ops 2 obsolete.

For that matter, in 25 years, people will still be playing FFVII. And in 5 MONTHS, no one wil remember that Black Ops 2 even exists.

Now tell me I'm getting my money's worth for that piece of ****.

And don't tell me there's no comparison between an RPG and an FPS. Because I'm comparing their value as games in general, not their gameplay.

I totally agree with TC. I hate current gen games. I get to pay a ton of money for generic crap. It's like the late atari years all over again...

I just can't wait for the whole thing to come crumbling down, and some company (hopefully Sony, who saved us from Nintendo's hatred of american gamers back in the 90's) to pick up the pieces and things return to normal (without all the bro-gamers and grrrl gamers...)
#262roadtosalvationPosted 12/10/2012 9:05:45 PM
I don't know if I'd say I "hate" this generation of games, its just that I don't care.

I could explain why but I don't think anyone will care. Usually I just wait for the systems to become obsolete then buy what I want.

Because of that I practically buy everything second hand. That doesn't bug me but I wish people would take care of their $&^%. Is it really that hard to keep track of the damn case and manual?
#263oxenpoxenPosted 12/10/2012 9:08:51 PM
jammies posted...
I love this generation of gaming.
I don't love this generation of gamers.
I miss the old days when gamers didn't whine incessantly. Then the Internet happened.

this this this this this this this this this this this this this this
---
"Whoo!!" - Augustus Cole
#264majinbuu58Posted 12/10/2012 9:19:45 PM
To the ignorant TC:

1) Too many games have realistic settings? WHAT? Halo? Borderlands? Mass Effect? There's more fantasy and Sci-fi games than realistic games.

2) You don't think a game is worth $60? A song from itunes cost $0.99. The average song lasts around 3 minutes. 60 songs for $60 will last 180 minutes, or 3 hours. From that logic alone, you're getting a good deal. Gaming is the most cost efficient form of entertainment. Get a job.

3) DLC? You realize the game is 100% done months before it's release date? They still have to work to get paid, so they start on new content. I'd rather get it on day one than have them put the extra content in a vault for 3 months to not piss people off, which is already happening. Preorder bonuses are to encourage the consumers to buy new. Used sales are seriously hurting developers.

4) You can't prove 98% of the on disk DLC claims. Even then, it's not like they're taking away vital content from you to begin with.

5&6) Don't like it, don't buy it. They sell very well and the sports games are actually very well done. Skip it a few years, or just once, and you'll have a lot of fun with the updates.
#265ThePWBPosterPosted 12/10/2012 9:22:45 PM
I like how this topic is a stealth CoD bash, I don't like the series anymore myself but I ain't going to call it a lame thing like Call of Dookie...how original.

This generation does have some backup to it. We've seen the likes of Double Dragon Neon, playable HD Collections (Metal Gear for example), and cheap 10-20 dollar games like NFL Blitz, Castle Crashers, and the Killzone 3 Multiplayer. Don't like spending 60? Hmm, a 50 dollar PSN card for a few cheap games takes care of some of the problems you mentioned.
---
ThePWBPoster: TWSSted as he wants to be.
Also, a PWBer
#266vecrynPosted 12/10/2012 9:22:47 PM
Dark_Soldier42 posted...
Number 2.

Clearly you did not play games during the 90s (or your parents bought them for you). Games cost as much as $70 and that is without adding inflation cost. Seriously $60 is nothing

this. I grew up with atari, so when SNES came around which is considered the golden age of gaming, most games were 70+ I remember shelling out 75-80 for the majority of my games. Heck even chrono trigger new was very close to 75 bucks which I still have the receipt for lol.

Games being to realistic? Have you played any rpg's this generation? I can name a lot of games that are no where near like real life. Skyrim, Dragon Age, Tales of Vesperia, Assassins Creed, there are so many games out that are decent and a major break from real life.

But anyway, as Dark said 60 really isn't all that much compared to the price of games back before cds. The only point I really do agree with is DLC is a bit out of control and more of a rip off than anything with most games coming out. Should it be punishable by death? rofl no thats just idiotic, but it is a rip off
#267firefoxts5Posted 12/10/2012 9:24:44 PM
to the people saying games use to cost more in the 90s are wrong. the 90s are where i bought most of my games. buying at $30-$40 each was pretty cheap.
---
psn: Overlord-Fox---gamertag: Overlord foxx
#268vecrynPosted 12/10/2012 9:28:24 PM
Locke_is_dead posted...
Dark_Soldier42 posted...
Number 2.

lol, someone had an n64...

Seriously man, ALL PS1 games cost $50 at most when initially released. And that droped to $40 around '99, then to $30 around '02.

On topic:

When they first announced that current gen games would retail for $60, I about **** myself from pure rage.

I mean, I can get FFVII, arguably the best game ever made for $20 right now. And I can get Call of Duty Black ops 2 (a generic shooter with, OMFG... NEW GUNS!!!!) for $60. Witch is all the worse when you considder that it'll be replaced in a year by ANOTHER generic FPS with new guns, rendering Black Ops 2 obsolete.

For that matter, in 25 years, people will still be playing FFVII. And in 5 MONTHS, no one wil remember that Black Ops 2 even exists.

Now tell me I'm getting my money's worth for that piece of ****.

And don't tell me there's no comparison between an RPG and an FPS. Because I'm comparing their value as games in general, not their gameplay.

I totally agree with TC. I hate current gen games. I get to pay a ton of money for generic crap. It's like the late atari years all over again...

I just can't wait for the whole thing to come crumbling down, and some company (hopefully Sony, who saved us from Nintendo's hatred of american gamers back in the 90's) to pick up the pieces and things return to normal (without all the bro-gamers and grrrl gamers...)

Most ps 1 titles were 50 through the majority of it's life span, a few lower class games were cheaper. The same is true for this gen, you can pick up ps3 games for 40 bucks brand new on release day for a few titles. You also have the greatest hits line of things for 30 bucks. 60 bucks isn't that much money. If you feel it is then waiting a few months for a price drop seriously isn't that huge of a deal.
#269majinbuu58Posted 12/10/2012 9:28:39 PM
firefoxts5 posted...
to the people saying games use to cost more in the 90s are wrong. the 90s are where i bought most of my games. buying at $30-$40 each was pretty cheap.

I can sort of attest to this. My goldeneye64 cartridge has a $30 sticker on it. But, i believe it makes sense that games today should cost twice as much.
#270Jeric735Posted 12/10/2012 9:36:29 PM
Aw man, thought this thread was going to bring up something I hadn't heard a million times before.
Find a different hobby.
---
PSN: Jeric-S