This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why I hate this generation of gaming.

#271BarofirPosted 12/10/2012 9:01:09 PM(edited)
Perhaps it's time for you (and others who feel like him/her) to stop escaping reality and tackle it head-on ;p

edit: When i posted this, i didn't even chek the number of posts. So my message is directed at TC.
#272Shinobi120Posted 12/10/2012 9:14:31 PM
majinbuu58 posted...
Used sales are seriously hurting developers.

Complete BS.
#273MalkyeaImbakPosted 12/10/2012 9:30:51 PM
Used games been out since I've been around (early 90's) so I'm certain they aren't hurting developers. People just don't have the money to ditch out for games that aren't worth the buck. Not to mention it takes like a month or 2 before a new game is on sale for like 30-40 bucks.

As for call of duty..Mario fans have no right to judge Call of duty or any sports. All mario hand held games and console games are essentially the same crap as the previous.

I agree DLC has gotten out of hand.
#274sqareenixfanPosted 12/10/2012 9:45:33 PM
...I think most people posting in the topic now haven't read the entire topic, because I feel everyone should have stopped responding as soon as the TC made it clear that he had lost his mind.
---
The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown - H.P Lovecraft
#275ZodiacKillerJrPosted 12/10/2012 10:00:31 PM
I agree with every point.

New games lack in content.... Lack in skill... Lack in Exploration... Lack in Though provoking story lines.... Lack... hell go play an Old Castlevania, you'll get more Game play and a better story than ANY COD game out there.

When they came out with a New Castlevania, guess what, THINGS WERE ACTUALLY DIFFERENT. The game evolved, while keeping with it's platform style.

Games are Garbage now-a-days.
#276Vidius101Posted 12/10/2012 10:04:25 PM
kk, I understand some of the hate. jk not!
---
Programmed Java, Python, Mat Lab, Project Alice, MS DOS and ADA.
#277darklyger64Posted 12/10/2012 10:32:19 PM
Littlejeffery posted...

The only good argument you have placed is the 4th one.

1.) Gamers have changed since then, you are not the only customer than game company has, if you can't change with the games then don't play. You're only one out of millions of gamers.

2.) Really? I thought games right now are cheap if you compare to the old economy, the game industry are trying so hard not to move the prices, yet, some ignorant guy whom does not know anything about economics, claim these prices to be high. If there were not a lot of gamers right now, Game prices would be much higher. Anyway, try to learn and appreciate economics, marketing and etc.

Before you talk in general, at least to some god damn research, don't just blab your mouth. An adequate argument is a well thought out argument.

3.) DLC is a way for Game company to have funds for their next installation. Sure, I felt DLC were bad back then and felt the incompleteness of the game, but after realizing that they needed more profit so they can make more games, why not support it. Besides you are not required to buy them to play the game. The game itself are mostly complete, they just wanted to add more stuff for you to enjoy the game even more.

E.G. Saint's Row the Third, I really enjoyed that game without any DLC, though DLCs would probably make the game more enjoyable, I didn't mind not having it. There is no alternate ending like Asura's Wrath, which the ending itself in the game is complete. Anyway, remember you aren't required to buy any of it.

5 and 6.) Why hate on these games? I personally don't play CoD, I suck at them, nor I find it fun playing with children, whom clearly needs some control issues, but then again they are children. Just ignore them, they don't come chasing you and forcing you to play them.

Sport games are also fun, you don't have to play them if you don't like them. They may feel the same, but for the players who buy them, they aren't. Imagine it as a Warriors series (if you've ever played it), it's the small things that matters to them, though they get a good rating, it's because you have the same essence as you felt in the last game. A sense of feeling new, but I have to state that I don't buy sports games, I just play it at a friend's house and these tiny changes matter to them.

If this does not matter to you, then why bother ranting about them, you don't probably buy them, if you do then just get a refund, and if you can't get one, then don't buy the next installment. Pretty easy solution, from your simple predicament.

----------------------------------------------------------------
To be honest, I feel like you are just whining over matters that affects a 21 year old man, whom find games too expensive. You don't have to be a gamer, there are a lot of other things you can do that are cheaper, such as jogging, writing, and etc. If you don't like the current generation of gaming, and quit gaming, good for you :).

I hope this time you'd have a healthy life, and not whine about unnecessary things.

By the way, I even agree of the online pass for the used games, I feel the need of support for the company are needed. they lose money when you buy used games, and I wish they'd have a 5 dollar pass instead of having a $10-20 payment. That I think is too much, lol basically paying the used game you bought new.
#278jaoman9Posted 12/10/2012 10:46:15 PM
Only bad one was the on disk dlc one but normal dlc is content made after the game so its not at all bad if you dont like call of duty then dont play it stop complaining and $60 is practically nothing
#279Devilman_AmonPosted 12/10/2012 11:37:18 PM
jaoman9 posted...
Only bad one was the on disk dlc one but normal dlc is content made after the game so its not at all bad if you dont like call of duty then dont play it stop complaining and $60 is practically nothing

Day one DLC
Day one patch
Online pass
pay for endings
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#280AXKSIONPosted 12/10/2012 11:40:56 PM
I also hate this generation of gaming and I fully approve of this topic.

I miss great Japanese games and great JRPGs.
---
http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/Nintendo.png http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/SMRPG.jpg