This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why I hate this generation of gaming.

#281Littlejeffery(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 12:53:11 PM
It seems unfair to me that a game like starhawk, which tries to give you something new and fun, get largely ignored and i bet many people know of its existance..then you have call of duty..the same nonsense year after year which sells by the bucketload..adds literally nothing new...buy starhawk, its brilliant.
---
SSBB fc: 4855-0629-0547 Name: WL
Mario Kart Wii fc: 0216-7101-8263 Name: Waluigi
#282third_eye_zero0Posted 12/11/2012 2:11:02 PM
Littlejeffery posted...
It seems unfair to me that a game like starhawk, which tries to give you something new and fun, get largely ignored and i bet many people know of its existance..then you have call of duty..the same nonsense year after year which sells by the bucketload..adds literally nothing new...buy starhawk, its brilliant.

It's the same ******* thing in the music and movie industries. Twilight and Justin Bieber are on top, and there is nothing you can do about it.

You have the mind of a brainless 16 year old youtuber.
#283DrEaM_420Posted 12/11/2012 2:47:33 PM
I agree with you TC...as times move forward, you are just seeing companies only in the biz for profit..its all about the money now, which is why gaming will eventually tank...if you want something new and different, go Nintendo, otherwise you are stuck with generic fps, rpg, sports game and 600 copies of that.
---
Dream on..
#284PsychoWolfXPosted 12/11/2012 3:03:27 PM
1) I pretty much agree with you on that one, TC. Though it's not quite as bad as you claim. There are still games out there that fall under the fantasy/cartoony/magic catagory. LBP, Sly, ect

2) I remember paying $70 $80 for games back on the N64, so I really don't have any problem with today's prices, especialy when games drop in price so quickly (aside from stuff like CoD and Nintendo exclusives)

3&4) Agreed. DLC on disc or off is lame.

5&6) I've never been interested in sports games, so I don't really have any experience with Madden fans, As for CoD....yeah I'm pretty sick of CoD and I hate the way other FPS games often copy it. Why should I be limited to 2 guns at a time? back in the good ol' days you could carry a whole arsenal around with you. And med kits >>>> then regenerating health. That's just a fact.
#285Littlejeffery(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 3:49:43 PM
1) Games no longer feel special: What do you play video games for? I (and most other gamers) play video games to escape reality, to do things that we normally can't do in real life. Whatever happened to iconic video game characters (like tomba, crash bandicoot, etc) in fantasy settings? Nowadays too many games have realistic settings and realistic graphics and it really doesn't help that this is basically what this generation of gaming consists of.

I probably should have specified more. We used to get a lot of iconic characters (like Tomba, Gex, Rayman) and their games and gameplay had a certain charm to them that made them feel special. Nowadays we get bland, non-iconic characters and their games don't have that charm to them. Also, we used to get rewarded for gaming. In previous generations of gaming, we got playable characters, alternate outfits, extra scenarios, etc as bonus INGAME unlockables. Nowadays, if you want any of that stuff, you have to pay for them. This gen, the only ingame unlockables we get are... a harder difficulty setting.
---
SSBB fc: 4855-0629-0547 Name: WL
Mario Kart Wii fc: 0216-7101-8263 Name: Waluigi
#286ItalianIdiotPosted 12/13/2012 5:56:37 PM
21 years old here, aprox. 11 years of gaming, my IMHOs:

1) Agree with this, but there also few games who pull this off quite nicely, also age does indeed spoil the "magic" experience, I used to get more immersed a few years ago.

It's more like a combination of age and blind mainstream fanbases...but the are still a few games like the good ol' days.

2) ...for us Italians it was merely a 10 - 10 old boost, prices don't matter much.
The growing taxes and stale never changing salaries here sucks.

3) Agree, it can be cool sometimes, but mostly it just abused, it should be like game support after 7 months - 1 years from release, not day 1 or 1 month after.

4) Agree. So. Damn. Much. WHY THE F--- DO I PAY FULL PRICE THEN? Add on downloable is reasonable, on disk dlc? F--k you developers.

5) Agree sorta. The main problem lies mostly with the newer gamers, who seem to look down on other genres, not so much the COD games themselves.

But the same game after MW1 over and over is laughable...at least change the engine a bit and try to improve the genre instead of making it stale damn it.
I'm done with FPS after Killzone 2 and COD:WOW , the only exception of the rule is the Bioshock games.

6) Meh, they're cool, not my forte, but I have fond memories of the FIFA games. don't play them anymore, but they were welcome last gen, and so are now.

The problem I see now that at least for those I know IRL, they play only one genre, MAYBE another one, and bash the living f--- outta others without giving them a chance or because they aren't "cool" for them.
Or the Thropy w---es.

Or because they think they're too kiddy and want only the manliest of game with lots of blood and questionable content.
Mario games? f--- them!
Playing for just mindless fun without any sort of reward that I can't brag online? f--- that!

I only know few that like me play a bizzare mix of games, to RPGs, Driving game and TPS.
#287ScreamingMidgetPosted 12/13/2012 6:00:40 PM
Making games more and more low quality to cater to the huuuge casual market.