This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why I hate this generation of gaming.

#31ChaoticKnucklesPosted 12/10/2012 12:03:31 PM
Littlejeffery posted...
1) You're getting older.

Lol, I'm 21 and my love for video games has only grown.

Yet this thread is about how much you currently hate gaming.
---
I boosted some of my trophies. Please, judge me about it.
#32servb0tsPosted 12/10/2012 12:08:50 PM(edited)
jammies posted...
I love this generation of gaming.
I don't love this generation of gamers.
I miss the old days when gamers didn't whine incessantly. Then the Internet happened.

the old days whining diddn't happen because most games were 100% complete, and paying consumers weren't being targeted and punished as being the BAD GUYS!! by Publisher.

Just look at how bad this Gen is right now. You Pay 100% of your own money for your games, But you don't have all your rights to them. Piss off a company or bad mouth them= Banned. Some hacker hijacks your PSN name, your held responsible Banned.

Next Gen already rumors of blocking used games, no B/C for current Gen games you are playing and enjoying and 2 models one 100% Digital Download only.

Regardless if Rumors are true or not Gamers need to open their eyes and realise, even if a certain game doesn't effect you atm its only a matter of time before it does.

"Because all of us Gamers are slowing losing our Freedom and Gaming Rights!"
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P Megaman Legends 3
-PS3 FFXIV ARR 2.0 Day 1 Buy I can't wait to maxout Summoner
#33Littlejeffery(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 12:07:00 PM
Lunitik Muzik posted...
Littlejeffery posted...

5) Call of Duty: Who else is getting sick and tired of all of these fps games getting released? Call of Dookie is the same generic first person shooter EVERY SINGLE YEAR. People stand in line and waste $60 on Call of Duty EVERY SINGLE YEAR while actual good games like Trinity Souls of Zill O'll, Tales of games, Transformers War and Fall of Cybertron, etc get horribly underrated. The Call of Duty games may LOOK different every year, but the truth is that it's the SAME GAME with a fresh coat of paint... spray paint.

6) Madden/NBA/Fifa 2,whatever (any sports games): See #6 Call of Duty. Neither Call of Duty or any sports games deserve their popularity.

With all of this being said, I cannot bear the thought of what the future of gaming has in store. I want to hear your thoughts on this matter. That's all that I have to say for now, back to playing more Super Smash Bros =D

I'll agree the whole yearly release thing is a bit too much, but don't diss those games then turn around and praise the Tales series; Mario Kart, or Smash Bros, for that matter. They are essentially the same thing: gameplay you expect, with a few tweaks here and there. I mean, there are only so many ways you can do an official sports game; EA's not going to suddenly add wall running to Madden.

Except that the Tales of games, Mario Kart, and Super Smash Bros don't come out EVERY SINGLE YEAR and even if they did, they are actually worth playing.
---
SSBB fc: 4855-0629-0547 Name: WL
Mario Kart Wii fc: 0216-7101-8263 Name: Waluigi
#34spectermaster14Posted 12/10/2012 12:08:05 PM
Lunitik Muzik posted...
Littlejeffery posted...

5) Call of Duty: Who else is getting sick and tired of all of these fps games getting released? Call of Dookie is the same generic first person shooter EVERY SINGLE YEAR. People stand in line and waste $60 on Call of Duty EVERY SINGLE YEAR while actual good games like Trinity Souls of Zill O'll, Tales of games, Transformers War and Fall of Cybertron, etc get horribly underrated. The Call of Duty games may LOOK different every year, but the truth is that it's the SAME GAME with a fresh coat of paint... spray paint.

6) Madden/NBA/Fifa 2,whatever (any sports games): See #6 Call of Duty. Neither Call of Duty or any sports games deserve their popularity.

With all of this being said, I cannot bear the thought of what the future of gaming has in store. I want to hear your thoughts on this matter. That's all that I have to say for now, back to playing more Super Smash Bros =D

I'll agree the whole yearly release thing is a bit too much, but don't diss those games then turn around and praise the Tales series; Mario Kart, or Smash Bros, for that matter. They are essentially the same thing: gameplay you expect, with a few tweaks here and there. I mean, there are only so many ways you can do an official sports game; EA's not going to suddenly add wall running to Madden.

Except that the Tales of games, Mario Kart, and Super Smash Bros don't come out EVERY SINGLE YEAR and even if they did, they are actually worth playing.

So you admit that abundant sequels aren't the problem, it's the fact that games you dislike are popular.
#35tigerex777Posted 12/10/2012 12:10:39 PM
Western gaming happened
---
i5 760 @ 3.8ghz / 4GB DDR3 Ripjaws / GTX 460 SLI @ 800/2000 / Cooler Master GX 750W PSU / Cooler Master Advance II case / Acer 22 1680x1050 / Windows 7 64
#36Littlejeffery(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 12:11:39 PM
spectermaster14 posted...
Lunitik Muzik posted...
Littlejeffery posted...

So you admit that abundant sequels aren't the problem, it's the fact that games you dislike are popular.

I get the feeling you don't understand what I'm talking about.
---
SSBB fc: 4855-0629-0547 Name: WL
Mario Kart Wii fc: 0216-7101-8263 Name: Waluigi
#37ChaoticKnucklesPosted 12/10/2012 12:12:21 PM
servb0ts posted...
jammies posted...
I love this generation of gaming.
I don't love this generation of gamers.
I miss the old days when gamers didn't whine incessantly. Then the Internet happened.

the old days whining diddn't happen because most games were 100% complete, and paying consumers were being targeted and punished as being the BAD GUYS!! by Publisher.

Just look at how bad this Gen is right now. You Pay 100% of your own money for your games, But you don't have all your rights to them. Piss off a company or bad mouth them= Banned. Some hacker hijacks your PSN name, your held responsible Banned.

Next Gen already rumors of blocking used games, no B/C for current Gen games you are playing and enjoying and 2 models one 100% Digital Download only.

Regardless if Rumors are true or not Gamers need to open their eyes and realise, even if a certain game doesn't effect you atm its only a matter of time before it does.

"Because all of us Gamers are slowing losing our Freedom and Gaming Rights!"

Complaining does nothing without action though. I can't speak for you personally but a lot of the people that complain about these issues are the same people that continue to pump money into the industry. If you hate Day 1 DLC, stop buying Capcom games. If you hate online passes, don't buy games that come packaged with them. Coming on Gamefaqs to whine about it for the 500th time this month is ridiculous.
---
I boosted some of my trophies. Please, judge me about it.
#38jubjub360Posted 12/10/2012 12:12:27 PM
tigerex777 posted...
Western gaming happened

There was only two games that came out this generation that were western games. Gun and Red Dead Redemption. How did that ruin this generation of gaming?

Unless you're blaming games developed outside of Japan as a whole, which would be stupid.
---
F*** yo' MLA! It's all about that APA!
http://i.imgur.com/JF8gG.jpg
#39spectermaster14Posted 12/10/2012 12:13:47 PM
spectermaster14 posted...
Lunitik Muzik posted...
Littlejeffery posted...

I get the feeling you don't understand what I'm talking about.

I get the feeling that you're more comfortable ignoring any actual arguments in favor of one liners.
#40crazyman32Posted 12/10/2012 12:14:47 PM
ondisc dlc should be punishable by death.
That has to be a joke because,nobody with a working brain could seriously believe that and saying that in your opening post is just childish.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KaOrSuWZeM