This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why I hate this generation of gaming.

#41AnonUnknownPosted 12/10/2012 12:15:36 PM
lol @ "gaming rights"
#42tigerex777Posted 12/10/2012 12:16:28 PM
or Western gaming with Japanese developers catering to western audience; either way it is slowly killing and saturating the industry
---
i5 760 @ 3.8ghz / 4GB DDR3 Ripjaws / GTX 460 SLI @ 800/2000 / Cooler Master GX 750W PSU / Cooler Master Advance II case / Acer 22 1680x1050 / Windows 7 64
#43PorungaPosted 12/10/2012 12:16:31 PM
Littlejeffery posted...
Porunga posted...
Littlejeffery posted...
ChaoticKnuckles posted...
Why I hate this generation of gamers:

See first post in this topic.

Sucks for you because I'm not going anywhere anytime soon.

How empty is your life, that you feel that you have to sit on a internet forum and whine and complain and preach to people that don't care what you think? Does it make you feel better, to get it off your chest?
Don't you have some real life friends that you can get soggy with your tears?

How empty is your life?

My life is quite fulfilling. Full of family and friends, with a good job and a comfortable home. My life is only made better with my love of my favorite hobby. One that I have had since I was 3 years old when I got a colecovision. It is a hobby that has only grown over the years, and has not diminished even a little, even to this day.

Thank you for asking.
#44Devilman_AmonPosted 12/10/2012 12:17:12 PM
Littlejeffery posted...

With all of this being said, I cannot bear the thought of what the future of gaming has in store. I want to hear your thoughts on this matter. That's all that I have to say for now, back to playing more Super Smash Bros =D

7)Online Passes. Now in order to play your game online at a friends house, you need to either log in as your name (unsafe) or pay another fee. Ridiculous

8)DRM (need to be online to play some games)

9)Unfinished games (day one patches). Finish the game before you release it

10)Ruining series by making them too casual and mainstream cookie cutter instead of sticking to what made them great. Or just canceling them altogther (Megaman)

11)Ruining of RPG's. The West is too fixated on making them into shooters or clunky hack n slashes and the East has all but abandoned them except the few small niche companies focues on MOE games (which pisses off the old school RPG fans and gives the Xenophobic Western gamers more fuel for hate)

12)Abandoning consoles to make iOS/GREE handheld games

13)Digital Distribution push. Now games we want can only be sold on DD? (like pretty much most of Koei games). DD is not even a solid safe investment because there's no guarantee the server will remain and you never really "own" the game.
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#45MlREFOXPosted 12/10/2012 12:19:31 PM
People whining about DLC clearly nave never touched a PC game in their lives. For years before consoles went online, one of the best experiences a PC gamer could get was an expansion pack for an already beloved game. Nearly every PC game had at least one, and often they were what defined the game and made it a classic. If you look at Blizzard alone, people were chomping at the bits for Brood Wars or Lord of Destruction, and it is, in fact, the expansion packs that made the games the classics that they are today.

I agree with other posters; when I see a topic like this I see a young gamer who has very little experience with the history of the industry as a whole.
#46servb0tsPosted 12/10/2012 12:22:58 PM
AnonUnknown posted...
lol @ "gaming rights"

don't cry and complain when you lose your.
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P Megaman Legends 3
-PS3 FFXIV ARR 2.0 Day 1 Buy I can't wait to maxout Summoner
#47theshovellerPosted 12/10/2012 12:25:09 PM
Why I hate this generation of gaming:

-Who cares what your friend plays? Is the fact that he enjoys Game X and you view it as "the downfall of gaming as we know it" really bothering you that much that you have to harass him incessantly about it?

-Who cares what some random guy on the internet prefers in his own opinion? Why take a "snipe" at him and what he enjoys? Did he do it to you, or are you firing the first shot in an attempt to somehow show you're "in the right" by coming off as a complete tool?

-EVERY game someone doesn't like is the "video game apocalypse," and every problem with every game and franchise is blamed squarely on "the casuals and the fratboys."

-The "you have to be as hardcore as me or else I'll insult you" mindset. Again, have we just lost all manners when it comes to a hobby everyone here enjoys?

-In case it wasn't obvious enough, the negativity. All of it. Every single negative thing surrounding gaming nowadays. Nobody can just say "Nah, it doesn't look good to me - it's straying, I think, too far from what made it 'it.'" They have to blame everyone else, talk trash about it to the extreme, and just generally be extremely close-minded about anyone else's opinion of it. They cannot agree to disagree, simple as that.

Sorry for the long list. This is stuff that annoys me to no end about this generation of gaming. It's somethign that's been poking its head out last generation, but this one, it just kind of exploded and went "OH, YEAH!!!!!" all Kool-Aid Man style.
#48ChaoticKnucklesPosted 12/10/2012 12:25:25 PM
servb0ts posted...
AnonUnknown posted...
lol @ "gaming rights"

don't cry and complain when you lose your.

What "rights" do you think you're supposed to have exactly?
---
I boosted some of my trophies. Please, judge me about it.
#49Devilman_AmonPosted 12/10/2012 12:27:30 PM
jubjub360 posted...
tigerex777 posted...
Western gaming happened

There was only two games that came out this generation that were western games. Gun and Red Dead Redemption.

Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood
Call of Juarez: The Cartel
Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West
Barbie Horse Adventures: Riding Camp (Wii)
Wild West Guns (Wii)
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
Go West! A Lucky Luke Adventure (NDS)
Tengai Makyo: The Apocalypse IV (PSP)
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#50jubjub360Posted 12/10/2012 12:28:39 PM
Devilman_Amon posted...
jubjub360 posted...
tigerex777 posted...
Western gaming happened

There was only two games that came out this generation that were western games. Gun and Red Dead Redemption.

Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood
Call of Juarez: The Cartel
Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West
Barbie Horse Adventures: Riding Camp (Wii)
Wild West Guns (Wii)
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
Go West! A Lucky Luke Adventure (NDS)
Tengai Makyo: The Apocalypse IV (PSP)

Oddworld was a rerelease. I totally forgot about those other games though.
---
F*** yo' MLA! It's all about that APA!
http://i.imgur.com/JF8gG.jpg