This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why I hate this generation of gaming.

#51calhoun1389Posted 12/10/2012 11:29:52 AM
1) Games not feeling special can be a combination of things, but all of them are based on you and your opinion. As for the realism, not everyone is playing to escape reality in the same way as you. I don't enjoy cartoony games as they often hinder my emersion into the game via cartoony visuals and goofy music.

2) Gaming is not, and never was a cheap hobby. Actually, most hobbies aren't cheap. From gaming, to collecting, to model building, to airsoft/paintball. Luxary hobbies are expensive. Want a cheap hobby? Take up bird watching, or wood work. Gaming is not the hobby for the poor.

3) See post #19 for this. Specter said it perfectly.

4) I think everyone not working for a gaming company will agree here.

5) Oh boohoo. Why do you even care what games other people like? It's not like CoD is getting all your Mario games cancelled. Other games are being made, just play them and get over it.

6) Same as #5, but really, what changes would you make to an official game title like Madden or Fifa to make it worthy of yearly release in your opinion? Genuinely curious here.
---
My first born, Jackson was born on Friday, May 11, 2012.
'I just wanted to be the best Pokemon Master I could be." - Michael Vick
#52Devilman_AmonPosted 12/10/2012 11:29:54 AM
MlREFOX posted...
People whining about DLC clearly nave never touched a PC game in their lives. For years before consoles went online, one of the best experiences a PC gamer could get was an expansion pack for an already beloved game. Nearly every PC game had at least one, and often they were what defined the game and made it a classic. If you look at Blizzard alone, people were chomping at the bits for Brood Wars or Lord of Destruction, and it is, in fact, the expansion packs that made the games the classics that they are today.

Well that's exactly one of the main reasons why this gen has gone to **** because ever since Microsoft got on the scene and opened the flood gates of the PC market onto consoles, now we have PC ported games or games made by PC developers so now those same shady business models have infected the console market.
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#53ChaoticKnucklesPosted 12/10/2012 11:30:09 AM
Devilman_Amon posted...
jubjub360 posted...
tigerex777 posted...
Western gaming happened

There was only two games that came out this generation that were western games. Gun and Red Dead Redemption.

Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood
Call of Juarez: The Cartel
Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West
Barbie Horse Adventures: Riding Camp (Wii)
Wild West Guns (Wii)
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
Go West! A Lucky Luke Adventure (NDS)
Tengai Makyo: The Apocalypse IV (PSP)

You actually put Barbie Horse Adventures: Riding Camp on the list? Now that's some dedication to proving a point right there.
---
I boosted some of my trophies. Please, judge me about it.
#54KCJ5062Posted 12/10/2012 11:30:12 AM
I somewhat agree with #1. While it's nice to have some realism in video games, some people these days seem pretty anal about it. For instance, the upcoming Injustice Gods Among Us game, I constantly come across people complaining about how Superman would never get hurt by certain things or how characters shouldn't survive getting hit by Superman. I think if people would stop over analyzing things like that, they'd enjoy it more. Whatever happened to the old days where people didn't care much about realism in video games and just wanted to have fun? If IGAU were being "realistic" then Superman would be invincible and would be able to beat everyone with just one hit. And that would make him broken.

And I think if anyone hates DLC so much(whether it's on or off the disk), they might as well stop buying games this generation or beyond. Because I guarantee tons of them will have it.
#55AalviPosted 12/10/2012 11:32:40 AM
Littlejeffery posted...
Dark_Soldier42 posted...
Number 2.

Clearly you did not play games during the 90s (or your parents bought them for you). Games cost as much as $70 and that is without adding inflation cost. Seriously $60 is nothing

I was born in 1991, by the time I played my very first game, games didn't cost that much.

dude try to remember...

my copy of FFIX was 99.99
---
Check out my backlog: http://backloggery.com/aalvi
PSN ID: Aalvi-S|http://psnprofiles.com/Aalvi-S|3DS FC in Profile
#56BlinkWinkelPosted 12/10/2012 11:34:17 AM
1) Not really, some games still feel special. Corpse Party or Zero Escape Virtue's Last Reward for example both had epic plots, making them fun and memorable games in their respective genres. Then again it is true that most game series are all about the graphics now and less about the gameplay/story (Final Fantasy for example).

2) Games have always been around 60$ when released as far as I know, I even remember paying around 100$ for some old SNES games like Chrono Trigger and Brain Lord when they were first released. Most N64 games I bought brand new were also mostly around 60$. Besides you can usually buy most PS3 games used for much less than 60$.

3-4) I agree with you on this, the fact that we need to pay for DLC for a game we already own is stupid. Plus it's usually for stuff that is already on the disc we paid for, but locked. This is why I normally never pay for DLC, I just download whatever is free.

5-6) I'm not into Call of Duty or Madden/NBA/Fifa either but it takes different kinds of games for everyone. A lot of people like these type of games, they still sell that's why they keep releasing them.
#57spectermaster14Posted 12/10/2012 11:34:52 AM
Littlejeffery posted...
Dark_Soldier42 posted...
Number 2.

Clearly you did not play games during the 90s (or your parents bought them for you). Games cost as much as $70 and that is without adding inflation cost. Seriously $60 is nothing

I was born in 1991, by the time I played my very first game, games didn't cost that much.

dude try to remember...

my copy of FFIX was 99.99

Out of curiosity, did multidisk games cost an ass ton more than single disk releases back then? I don't think I owned a single one, wouldn't know.
#58anonymous46773Posted 12/10/2012 11:35:07 AM
Large_Tonberry posted...
The solution to all of your grievances: indie gaming.

This.
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#59Littlejeffery(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 11:36:09 AM
Gaming is not the hobby for the poor.

I'm not just so you know I have a job.

6) Same as #5, but really, what changes would you make to an official game title like Madden or Fifa to make it worthy of yearly release in your opinion? Genuinely curious here.

By not making them.
---
SSBB fc: 4855-0629-0547 Name: WL
Mario Kart Wii fc: 0216-7101-8263 Name: Waluigi
#60AnonUnknownPosted 12/10/2012 11:36:14 AM
ChaoticKnuckles posted...
servb0ts posted...
AnonUnknown posted...
lol @ "gaming rights"

don't cry and complain when you lose your.

What "rights" do you think you're supposed to have exactly?

yeah, what rights?