This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why I hate this generation of gaming.

#91theshovellerPosted 12/10/2012 1:08:25 PM
spectermaster14 posted...
Oh yeah, I remember pricey memory cards. I actually picked up the PS2 version of Psychonauts a few days ago, right? I go to make a save file, and it takes 1.7 megs. If I didn't end up with four different cards after ten years of PS2 ownership, I'd have been PISSED. If there's one thing I don't miss about the last two gens, it's memory cards.

You can find ps2 memory cards cheap on the internet.

Yeah, now. But back then they cost an arm and a leg. Thankfully there were plenty of third party cards, but damn were the Sony ones insane.

I stuck with 8-meg ones, they cost about $30 each which wasn't too bad (given games were $50.) Then they made those 64-meg cards, and I have no idea what those were worth. I never bothered with third-party cards because the one I ever tried - a big 10x card for PS1 - broke on me and I lost all but one memory card's worth of data.
#92MlREFOXPosted 12/10/2012 1:08:55 PM
Littlejeffery posted...
What whole picture? That you don't like yearly releases and therefore want them eliminated despite the millions that do like them? I get the big picture that with each and every post You sound like a belligerent child that only wants to get his way and not let anyone else have theirs.

Don't give us your asinine opinions, treat them as facts, then tell us that is it us who aren't understanding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IniVxtV8LYY

Proving my point, exactly. You want things your way and only your way, everyone else be damned, and if things don't work out exactly your way, your "mature" response it to put your fingers in your ears and post YouTube clips.

Millions of people love and play franchises like Madden and FIFA and have been playing them since shortly after you were born. But you can't accept that, so you're solution is to stop making them. How immature can you get?
#93ocelot562Posted 12/10/2012 1:13:49 PM
Littlejeffery posted...

With all of this being said, I cannot bear the thought of what the future of gaming has in store. I want to hear your thoughts on this matter. That's all that I have to say for now, back to playing more Super Smash Bros =D

7)Online Passes. Now in order to play your game online at a friends house, you need to either log in as your name (unsafe) or pay another fee. Ridiculous

8)DRM (need to be online to play some games)

9)Unfinished games (day one patches). Finish the game before you release it

10)Ruining series by making them too casual and mainstream cookie cutter instead of sticking to what made them great. Or just canceling them altogther (Megaman)

11)Ruining of RPG's. The West is too fixated on making them into shooters or clunky hack n slashes and the East has all but abandoned them except the few small niche companies focues on MOE games (which pisses off the old school RPG fans and gives the Xenophobic Western gamers more fuel for hate)

12)Abandoning consoles to make iOS/GREE handheld games

13)Digital Distribution push. Now games we want can only be sold on DD? (like pretty much most of Koei games). DD is not even a solid safe investment because there's no guarantee the server will remain and you never really "own" the game.

this
---
I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
W. C. Fields
#94calhoun1389Posted 12/10/2012 1:14:42 PM
ChaoticKnuckles posted...
calhoun1389 posted...
Littlejeffery posted...
I'm not just so you know I have a job.

Just because you have a job, doesn't mean you aren't poor.

By not making them.

And how are they're release effecting you at all? Name 5 legitimate ways that the yearly release of sports games effects your life in a negative way.

TC can't which is why your post will most likely be ignored or answered with a YouTube link instead of a meaningful response.

Yeah, I caught on to that.
---
My first born, Jackson was born on Friday, May 11, 2012.
'I just wanted to be the best Pokemon Master I could be." - Michael Vick
#95Devilman_AmonPosted 12/10/2012 1:14:52 PM
Ninjamaster5353 posted...
TC just grow up & get over it

Also when people voice there opinions on GFaqs this is kinda how we contribute

These two sentences contradict each other
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#96cavebear56Posted 12/10/2012 1:19:19 PM
1.) I've found plenty of games this generation that were fun and not overly realistic. The thing is though you need to spread the love across multiple platforms and step out of your comfort zone of what kinds of games you play.

2.) Games used to be more expensive in the past, could they stand to be cheaper? Sure but honestly a little bit of patience for that inevitable sale will remove the argument of expensive games. Really I feel the valid point here is the price for DD games on consoles should be priced more accordingly.

3.) DLC has been done right and it has been done wrong but bad experiences seem to carry farther with people than good one's. I've enjoyed all the New Vegas DLC (purchased on sale of course). Where as I feel skins and weapon packs need to be cheaper or eventually patched in as unlockables.

4.) Don't disagree here. This I feel is DLC done wrong.

5.) It doesn't bother me as I'm not interested in military shooters or popularity contests. I enjoy some FPS games and not others, just like I enjoy some RPGs and not others. Just because Skyrim/FF XIII exists doesn't mean the entire RPG genre is worse for it and thus all Tales of games are now "generic RPGs". Stop creating an "us vs. them" mentality, learn to appreciate multiple genres and how about sticking to what you like?

6.) Same as 5.

This gen, like previous gens, focused on a different genre. That's what happens with gaming cycles. Either you expand your preferences and drop sticking to only one brand or you just have to man up and tough it out.

Either way TC.

http://youtu.be/8f2YeOsXETA
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#97deprofundis442Posted 12/10/2012 1:19:31 PM
Why is it that everytime a complaining topic pops up, any post that has any kind of rebuttal worth considering gets 100% ignored throughout the entire topic? How's that for willful ignorance?
#98Littlejeffery(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 1:20:14 PM

the prices of games will not change anytime soon, not everyone dislikes the games you do, and not everyone uses games too escape from real life.

Price drops say otherwise.
---
SSBB fc: 4855-0629-0547 Name: WL
Mario Kart Wii fc: 0216-7101-8263 Name: Waluigi
#99jubjub360Posted 12/10/2012 1:21:03 PM
Littlejeffery posted...

the prices of games will not change anytime soon, not everyone dislikes the games you do, and not everyone uses games too escape from real life.

Price drops say otherwise.

Now you're trolling. You knew what he meant by price of games, he meant the 60 dollar price tag.
---
F*** yo' MLA! It's all about that APA!
http://i.imgur.com/JF8gG.jpg
#100PorungaPosted 12/10/2012 1:23:47 PM
deprofundis442 posted...
Why is it that everytime a complaining topic pops up, any post that has any kind of rebuttal worth considering gets 100% ignored throughout the entire topic? How's that for willful ignorance?

Because they aren't interested in debating the topic with you. They have already made up their minds. They want to preach, and to beat everyone over the head with their opinion until you think like they do.