This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What do you prefer: on-disc DLC or off-disc DLC

#31kel25Posted 12/10/2012 5:16:28 PM
I despise on-disc DLC because I feel that the developers are holding content hostage that I've already paid for.

I'm not wild about off-disc DLC but I will judge it based on the content it offers and when it is released.
#32agrissaPosted 12/10/2012 5:25:40 PM
jubjub360 posted...
So DLC released a year after makes the original game incomplete?

As a matter of fact, yes. Timing of the release of DLC is irrelevant. Only that it's something that could've, would've, and should've been on the game disc if DLC technology didn't exist for devs to abuse.
---
I had faith in humanity until I discovered Internet Message Boards.
#33jubjub360Posted 12/10/2012 5:27:16 PM
agrissa posted...
jubjub360 posted...

As a matter of fact, yes. Timing of the release of DLC is irrelevant. Only that it's something that could've, would've, and should've been on the game disc if DLC technology didn't exist for devs to abuse.

Yeah no. Just because DLC is released later on doesn't mean the vanilla game is incomplete.
---
F*** yo' MLA! It's all about that APA!
http://i.imgur.com/JF8gG.jpg
#34regsantotomasPosted 12/10/2012 5:34:05 PM
archizzy posted...
I judge a game on its own merits and I'm informed on what I'm purchasing.

I judge DLC on its own merits and judge whether it is worth it for me.

Where it is located and at what time it was developed has no impact on that decision.

Says it all really.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#35agrissaPosted 12/10/2012 5:36:30 PM
jubjub360 posted...
agrissa posted...
jubjub360 posted...

Yeah no. Just because DLC is released later on doesn't mean the vanilla game is incomplete.

That was my point.......timing is irrelevant.....

Yes, of course you'd have to look at each individual DLC to see if it was purposely left off the disc. But let's not kid ourselves, 99.9% of them are purposefully excluded from the disc. You'd have to be extremely naive or delusional to believe otherwise.
---
#36jubjub360Posted 12/10/2012 5:38:43 PM
agrissa posted...
jubjub360 posted...
agrissa posted...
jubjub360 posted...

That was my point.......timing is irrelevant.....

Yes, of course you'd have to look at each individual DLC to see if it was purposely left off the disc. But let's not kid ourselves, 99.9% of them are purposefully excluded from the disc. You'd have to be extremely naive or delusional to believe otherwise.

Wait... Agrissa I can't tell if you're agreeing with me.

When I think of DLC, I think of DLC like Skyrim's Dragonborn, Dawnguard, Borderland's Island of doctor ned (can't remember if that's the name. i always got those two bastards confused), Claptrap's Robot revolution, etc.

Things like that, not the costume crap.
---
#37zUkUuPosted 12/10/2012 5:38:46 PM
I prefer "no DLC".
#38BurgerTime79Posted 12/10/2012 5:43:13 PM
If it's a piece of pre-order DLC that has already been made and may eventually end up on PSN for everyone else, I don't care that it's on the disc.
Situations like the 12 characters on the SFxT disc is BS, and shouldn't be done.

Too many people considering both of those to be the exact same offense. The second example is the only one I consider "on disc DLC".
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#39agrissaPosted 12/10/2012 5:43:44 PM
jubjub360 posted...

I'm a DLC hater. That should make it clear if I am agreeing with you or not....

jubjub360 posted...
When I think of DLC, I think of DLC like Skyrim's Dragonborn, Dawnguard, Borderland's Island of doctor ned (can't remember if that's the name. i always got those two bastards confused), Claptrap's Robot revolution, etc.

"Costumer crap" are still DLC. They still can offer replay value and enhance gameplay.
---
#40jubjub360Posted 12/10/2012 5:45:48 PM
agrissa posted...
jubjub360 posted...

I'm a DLC hater. That should make it clear if I am agreeing with you or not....

jubjub360 posted...

"Costumer crap" are still DLC. They still can offer replay value and enhance gameplay.

Did I say that they are not DLC? No I did not. I said what I think of DLC. You know true expansions. You know what I think those costume crap are? Add-ons. That's all.
---