This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What do you prefer: on-disc DLC or off-disc DLC

#61JohnHitman47Posted 12/11/2012 6:30:16 AM
themegaman7 posted...
Both suck equally as much. I want complete games.

People that say this are funny, jaja what a good joke.
---
Gamefaqs its now J-Faqs, especially the PS3 board.
#62killakPosted 12/11/2012 6:34:26 AM
themegaman7 posted...
Both suck equally as much. I want complete games.

People that say this are funny, jaja what a good joke.

It's busted logic because nobody feels a game is incomplete, until they see more. Look at all the tears over Prince of Persia 2008's extra ending, yet nobody seemed to complain about the ending prior to it's arrival.

Honestly, I immediately disregard DLC complaints.
---
I believe in Jesus Christ, the exclamation.........
#63jammies(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 6:52:45 AM
Someone made an analogy of buying a bicycle with no pedals. Pretty sure I couldn't ride that bike. I think a motorcycle with no sidecar makes more sense. Something optional that some will want and others won't.
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#64Garr-Posted 12/11/2012 7:02:44 AM
Neither. We'd be better off without both.
#65GiranXYZPosted 12/11/2012 7:04:25 AM
On-disc. Takes less time to download.
---
Whatever
#66ace_two_maxPosted 12/11/2012 7:05:17 AM
If it's on disk then when I buy the game I therefore buy what's on the disk, if i bought a car from you, and after a week you then decided that the tools in the boot wasn't part of the deal then good luck getting them.

Off-disk is the content they made after release.
---
You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the king of the potato people and plead for your freedom, and your telling me your completely sane?!
#67killakPosted 12/11/2012 7:05:21 AM
Someone made an analogy of buying a bicycle with no pedals. Pretty sure I couldn't ride that bike. I think a motorcycle with no sidecar makes more sense. Something optional that some will want and others won't.

That's pretty damn bad. The worst are still the restaurant and new home analogies

The restaurant analogy involved ordering the 6 meetballs, getting 4 and told that you have to pay for the rest - dumb, dumb, dumb

And the house one was based on the house having a hidden room that you had to pay for - extremely dumb.

i will happily agree to their nonsense, if one single person can provide evidence of a game dev marking the box with content that you cannot have without paying.
---
"does the game give you any guidance at some point? How do I f***ing figure s*** out?" - darksydephil, trying to beat the opening of Bayonetta
#68jammies(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 7:20:51 AM
killak posted...

That's pretty damn bad. The worst are still the restaurant and new home analogies

The restaurant analogy involved ordering the 6 meetballs, getting 4 and told that you have to pay for the rest - dumb, dumb, dumb

And the house one was based on the house having a hidden room that you had to pay for - extremely dumb.

i will happily agree to their nonsense, if one single person can provide evidence of a game dev marking the box with content that you cannot have without paying.

How about if they can give 1 example of selling an incomplete game?
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx