This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should I by Demon or Dark Souls?

#1Artof_WarPosted 12/10/2012 1:04:00 PM
I want to experience this franchise; which one would you recommend? Dark Souls is newer, but not everyone likes the sequel.
---
PSN: Artof_War
#2este914Posted 12/10/2012 1:05:34 PM
the sequel?
---
-> este914 <-
WHO ELSE?!
#3temgunPosted 12/10/2012 1:05:44 PM
Both
---
BROCCOLI COCONUT HOT DOG
#4Dark_SpiretPosted 12/10/2012 1:06:08 PM
might as well start with demons.
#5toadiemanPosted 12/10/2012 1:06:25 PM
temgun posted...
Both

---
PSN: toadieman
#6HwoarangExpert1Posted 12/10/2012 1:11:04 PM
best to try Demon Souls first, you might get ### ###### and rage quit for good before you even finish the game
---
PSN - Ziaro_7
#7ocelot562Posted 12/10/2012 1:14:31 PM
temgun posted...
Both

---
I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
W. C. Fields
#8shawnmckPosted 12/10/2012 1:16:50 PM
Whichever one is easier for you to get first.

BTW
They are not really related in story.
Dark Souls is called the "spiritual successor" to Demon's Souls, but that's just because it is made by the same Developer and contains the same game-play.
But Sony owns the rights to Demon's Souls, so the Developer had to change the name in order to make a similar type game for both PS3 & XB 360.

Both are pretty much the same, but there are some noticeable differences.
Demon's Souls allows you to carry more health items, but Dark Souls has more convenient check-points.
Dark Souls is more open world, which allows you to explore in any direction, but at the same time it makes the game harder to know where to go...cause just because you can explore all areas doesn't mean you should (some areas are too difficult).

If you want to experience the unique On-line then for sure get Dark Souls, because I don't think Demon's Souls is still supported, although I could be wrong (since I don't play On-line).

Otherwise it doesn't really matter which one you get first.
#9Bancario51Posted 12/10/2012 1:19:08 PM
Demon Souls sucks which is why it didn't get a sequel. Dark Souls series forever!
---
Claiming to be an official ____ of a board is officially dumb
Awesome Fighting games: TTT2, P4A and Aquapazza...
#10Artof_War(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 1:23:44 PM
shawnmck posted...
Whichever one is easier for you to get first.

BTW
They are not really related in story.
Dark Souls is called the "spiritual successor" to Demon's Souls, but that's just because it is made by the same Developer and contains the same game-play.
But Sony owns the rights to Demon's Souls, so the Developer had to change the name in order to make a similar type game for both PS3 & XB 360.

Both are pretty much the same, but there are some noticeable differences.
Demon's Souls allows you to carry more health items, but Dark Souls has more convenient check-points.
Dark Souls is more open world, which allows you to explore in any direction, but at the same time it makes the game harder to know where to go...cause just because you can explore all areas doesn't mean you should (some areas are too difficult).

If you want to experience the unique On-line then for sure get Dark Souls, because I don't think Demon's Souls is still supported, although I could be wrong (since I don't play On-line).

Otherwise it doesn't really matter which one you get first.

Very cool. Didn't realize Dark Souls is its own story. I like the idea of online play as well. I understand the difficulty lies in the realism of combat and how you respond to different enemy attack styles etc. But what happens when you die? Do you lose all items or do you continue to respawn?
---
PSN: Artof_War