This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Lords of Shadow a Metroidvania or GoW-esque game?

#1MlREFOXPosted 12/10/2012 5:05:39 PM
I've got about a month off and have a baby on the way and I think I am going to relax and play some games I've never gotten around to as soon as I finish up my latest Heavenly Sword run. I'm looking at Lords of Shadows, but don't know if I want a pure hack-and-slash action game after HS. How, exactly, does the game play?
#2ScreamingMidgetPosted 12/10/2012 5:06:29 PM
GoW-esque
#3MlREFOX(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 5:07:30 PM
ScreamingMidget posted...
GoW-esque

Hmm...I was hoping for more. Is it worth playing anyways, especially to an older Castlevania fan?
#4mogar002Posted 12/10/2012 5:09:04 PM
It's the best 3D one, but it still sucks and if you're an old fan you probably won't like it unless your taste have changed.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#5Dark_SpiretPosted 12/10/2012 5:10:06 PM
its a good action-adventure title in the vain of God of War, but DO NOT expect CV from it.
#6BambooPandamoPosted 12/10/2012 5:10:09 PM
God of Vania: Dude's Vacation
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/ChibiMrBubbles/
http://steamcommunity.com/id/MisterBubbles
#7SonicNashPosted 12/10/2012 5:10:29 PM
The OST was very forgettable for a CV...
---
PSN: brandaman69
Platinum in Blazblue:CT, Tekken 6, MvC3, UMvC3, SSFIV, SFxTK. That mean I am better than you in those games.
#8arstosPosted 12/10/2012 5:21:07 PM
no matter how big a castlevania fan you are if you don't like gow your probably going to hate it. another series ruined to keep it from getting "stale"
---
PSN: dragonlibrarian plays; Awesomenauts, Skullgirls, Jojo's HD, SSFIITHDR, SFIII: OE, MVC2, AH3, KoF 94/95/96/XIII, VF5:FS, CS:GO, UTIII
#9cirkmetroidPosted 12/10/2012 5:22:23 PM
MlREFOX posted...
I've got about a month off and have a baby on the way and I think I am going to relax and play some games I've never gotten around to as soon as I finish up my latest Heavenly Sword run. I'm looking at Lords of Shadows, but don't know if I want a pure hack-and-slash action game after HS. How, exactly, does the game play?

I hated it. Here's a couple reasons....

I completely get that the Castlevania series has always had some religious undertones, and no, it wasn't all black magic voodoo blood drinking whatever...but Lords of Shadow makes one feel like you're reading straight out of the old testament. Especially in the chapter intros...

Speaking of the chapter intros, the fact that they are voiced by Patric Stewart (Yeah, Jean Luc Picard) is just really out of place. I mean, don't get me wrong, the guy has a very good shakesperean voice, and heck, I even consider TNG my favorite Star Trek series but seriously....this guy just can't do voice over work. His voice is Jean Luc Picard....and that's it!

Sorry man, it's just how it is. I mean, look at Will Wheaton, his CAMEOS's on Big Bang Theory are probably paying his grocery bills right now.

*Wow, I'm a hater*

I dunno, it has a pretty cool ending I guess, I don't mean the final battle, as that was dumb, *omg I'm fighting Satan* but I mean the cut scene in the tower.

If you want to play a gow style game, consider either of the Darksiders games if you've not already played them. (I liked the first one the most)
---
PSN: Cirkustanz
.....still refusing to give up hope of another Legacy of Kain game. Or at least an HD remake.
#10AnonUnknownPosted 12/10/2012 5:23:49 PM
GoW-esque with backtracking