This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone care about The Last of Us multiplayer?

#51leon_trunksPosted 12/10/2012 8:14:12 PM
God only knows why they would even consider putting a multiplayer feature in an obviously single player game. It appears that no game is safe from multiplayer these days. Elder Scrolls VI! Be multiplayer free PLEASE!
---
Sketch Blog - paperuni.blogspot.com
#52huyiPosted 12/10/2012 8:53:49 PM
kel25 posted...
MlREFOX posted...
The patent stupidity of some people is beyond me. I mean, rock-having-a-bad-day level stupidity.

This made me laugh because I think it really does a great job of describing yourself.

From my experience, games that add mutliplayer tend to be lacking in the single player department. This is not always true but it has happened enough that it will make me hesitant to buy most games that have multiplayer just because the single player tends to be short or offers little incentive for me to come back for more. It is the single player mode that I buy my games for.

A couple of quick examples would be Bioshock Vs. Bioshock 2 or Assassin's Creed 2 Vs. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.

Only an idiot would buy a game at full price when it doesn't offer the experience they are looking for.

not only that but most games that have multiplayer force you to play online to get the platinum or have ridiculous requirements to get the trophy, i will be looking at the trophy list before i buy this game, i really don't want online trophies ruining my platinum, but that is how it is these days, it doesn't help that these days you have to buy a online pass to get the online trophies too, i feel sorry for people who buy games like this second hand.

i was deprived out of platinum on marvel vs capcom 3, bioshock 2 because of online trophies, i sure don't want to miss out of platinum with this game, fingers crossed at this point but i won't hold my breath.
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/HUYI1
#53huyiPosted 12/10/2012 8:55:30 PM(edited)
leon_trunks posted...
God only knows why they would even consider putting a multiplayer feature in an obviously single player game. It appears that no game is safe from multiplayer these days. Elder Scrolls VI! Be multiplayer free PLEASE!

yep, major rage when i heard that god of war ascension had a online mode, i was like WTH? it's a single player game for christ sake.
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/HUYI1
#54Dark_Soldier42Posted 12/11/2012 5:49:28 AM(edited)
Sophistication posted...
plasticman13 posted...
plasticman13 posted...
Oh I seen it -- But you're probably going to tell me Uncharted 3 had enemies reacting to being shot, too. Please, by all means -- SHOW ME!!!!

He's talking about The Last of Us, not Uncharted 3.

Oh, so ND finally got off their rectums and included enemy animations for when they get shot and blown up? I have to see this. Any proof? Show me an enemy getting shot and them holding their wound like they do in Max Payne 3 and Sleeping Dogs. Please... enlighten me. Show me the error of my way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbLOokeC3VU

Skip to 4:50. Guy reacts to gun being aimed at him and runs for cover. Little ahead, guy gets ready to attack once he hears the main character's gun lock. Same guy grimaces in pain as he's hit by a rock from Ellie. If you don't consider than an interactive AI, then I know you're simply trying to entice people here.

Dude, I watched it and there wasn't much of a change from the lousy Uncharted 3 engine. The girl hitting the guy with a brick was a scripted event -- I bet every time she throws a brick at someone, which will no doubt happen about as much if not more than when Drake assisted someone with a ladder boost in U2 and U3, it'll be the exact same thing.

Game is a scripted mess... My favorite spot was when Drake Sr gets shot in the shoulder, clearly, and he says "it was nothing". Really? It looked like something to me. Looked like he got shot in the shoulder is what it looked like to me... So stupid.

The game was not scripted at all. Here is another playthrough of that same level.
http://youtu.be/GApCMW1F7a0?t=5m50s

And Joel (you know Drake Sr.) does react to being shot. You can clearly see when the player is not in an immediate action, he is holding his wound.
---
PSN - ShadowE17
"Ignorant people with opinions are the biggest threat to Society"
#55SteadyingMeatPosted 12/11/2012 5:51:21 AM
Meh. I wouldn't really care if it wasn't in.
---
" hey meat-kun y you no sig? :| "
#56KlobziPosted 12/11/2012 6:01:02 AM
I am excited for it, as long as it's not a copy paste from Uncharted's multiplayer. I want something unique!
#57Garr-Posted 12/11/2012 6:01:37 AM
I couldn't care less about it.
#58Neoreloaded313Posted 12/11/2012 6:10:48 AM
This game looks just like Uncharted: Armageddon Edition with different characters, I am sure the MP will be the same. The only MP I like is when I can play the single player game alongside a friend, unfortunately not many games do that.
---
Trolls and ignorant people gets added to my ignore list.
#59nightstalker92Posted 12/11/2012 9:18:56 AM
crazyman32 posted...
nclrwntr posted...
lol, it's really funny how stupid people can be. For one thing, we have no idea what kind of MP the game will offer. For all you know, it could be the most inventive MP mode in the history of videogames. But you're not going to buy the game simply based on the fact that it has some form of MP. Absolute genius. I just can't refute that kind of logic.

agreed.I think it's laughable people on here saying they won't buy it because,it has MP ahhh no the horror of it all.

They didn't say that. They said they were waiting for a price drop because the portion of the game they were actually interested is now on loose footing.

Same boat here. At least we get Bioshock infinite whenever they manage to recoup all the time wasted on MP.
#60toadiemanPosted 12/11/2012 9:21:27 AM
Nope. Never cared about the game either.
---
PSN: toadieman