This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Could the PS4 be Sony's last console?

#1VGAddict90Posted 12/10/2012 5:46:35 PM
I mean, let's face it, they're bleeding money right now, and they're probably going to bet everything on this console. The PS4 will need to have a PERFECT launch to give Sony even a SLIGHT chance of avoiding bankruptcy.
#2PorungaPosted 12/10/2012 5:50:33 PM
While it is possible, Sony's games division isn't what is in trouble. We will see Sony go through a restructuring and they will lose some of their divisions that are the problem soon. So, while possible for PS4 to be the last, I think it is unlikely.
#3Mister_VanillaPosted 12/10/2012 5:56:42 PM
It could be anything.

On a related note of money loss...

How much did MS lose on Windows 8 and Surface Tablets? From what I have seen, they would not be considered successful.

<shrug>
#4UniversquallPosted 12/10/2012 5:58:50 PM
It's possible for any of the big three to have their last consoles next gen. Sony weren't even meant to exist beyond 2006 on this board.
---
NP: (PS2) Suikoden III (PS3) Mass Effect Trilogy (Vita) PSABR (PC) Gothic (Wii U) Xenoblade (360) Nothing lately
#5NuclearChipmunkPosted 12/10/2012 6:00:34 PM
Guess why they have made an agreement with Olympus.

Not for the digital cameras, but for the medical devices.

Japan is ageing, and Sony has found a profitable market with a strong potential.
#6Danzig2057Posted 12/11/2012 10:38:07 AM
Sony's problem is that they have a large, confusing product (e.g., they have something like 3 different TV product lines) line for their other devices. What we are going to see is Sony streamlining their other products which I think will give them a better market position. The PS4 will have to perform well to keep the game division up and running, but not the company as a whole.
---
PSN: Samhain2057