This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which developers/publishers do you boycott?

#141RPG maniac87Posted 12/12/2012 9:08:16 AM
None. If Bioware got out of their 10+ year slump and made a decent game I'd pick it up in a second.
---
You lack the mustache for full comprehension. (Super Paper Mario)
#142secondhand1Posted 12/12/2012 9:41:04 AM
CronoDyne posted...
jubjub360 posted...
You group people together and you don't play games for fun. That's literally your points cronodyne.

Here I'm going to give you a challenge: go and play a game by one of these so called boycotted companies. You said Capcom so let's stick with that. Go and get dragons dogma (I've heard that's a fun game). Tell me that you don't have fun with it.

Here's another: try Dead Space 2. Hell try Bulletstorm! Again tell me you don't have fun with it.

What people am I grouping together? I'm calling YOU a blind loyalist for being a blind loyalist. And of course you ignore my point once again, because you have no counter argument against it. Here, I'll put out there for the fourth time in this topic: Capcom continues to conduct shady business practices. When you purchase a Capcom product, you're supporting Capcom. When you support Capcom, you support these shady business practices. Do you think logical people were still buying pulp and paper from Enron after they found out what they did, despite liking that pulp and paper? Of course not. It's a pretty concept to grasp, so I'm not sure why you're having so much trouble understanding it.

And no, I won't buy Dragons Dogma. Because that supports a company that continues to ruin the foundation of the video game industry. You know what I will buy? Any game from any other company that doesn't screw over their customers. You see.. I like to have fun with games, and as a gamer, I like to actually spend my money on games that will directly benefit the future of gaming. It's up to US, the gamers, to say "no" to Capcom's never ending attack on the consumer. Otherwise Capcom will continue to lock content on discs, or devolve series, or ignore genres, or abandon franchises, or milk series, or nickle and dime their fans in every way possible.

And please, go ahead and respond with your none responses and personal jabs, because from your last 10 posts in this topic we all know that's all you have to offer, just like in every other topic you post in.

You disagreeing with a business model does not make it shady.

Enjoy your boycott.
---
The inherent idiocy of youth often outweighs its many advantages.
#143TheCyborgNinjaPosted 12/12/2012 9:55:03 AM
I should boycott Capcom, but I don't have the willpower.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#144deadmarvPosted 12/12/2012 10:48:05 AM
Bethe$da
---
All PS3 owners should boycott Bethesda.
#145Ryphis_DemeanorPosted 12/12/2012 10:53:58 AM
I don't boycott anyone because to even try to make some sort of boycott point there needs to be a massive and organized event. To say X Corporations is evil and then log in to Facebook from your smart phone which is all provided by a huge telecorp is kind of hypocritical. That said I only buy Activision used. Ubisoft as well. Because I don't agree with the way that Activision has spearheaded DLC content and that Ubisoft has had the worst DRM in years.
#146kewldude475Posted 12/12/2012 10:54:48 AM
I don't boycott game developers. That's just stupid.
---
PS3/Vita PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam: kewldude475
Now playing: Persona 3: FES, Assassin's Creed 2, Resident Evil 6
#147knuxnolePosted 12/12/2012 10:56:14 AM
None.

I can't think of ONE reason to boycott any company :O

Also, I bought RE6 and NCAA football 13.
---
3DS FC: 4554-0309-4782
#148knuxnolePosted 12/12/2012 10:56:47 AM
It's not obvious lol

Care to explain studmuffin?
---
#149hockeybub89Posted 12/12/2012 10:58:42 AM
RPG maniac87 posted...
None. If Bioware got out of their 10+ year slump and made a decent game I'd pick it up in a second.

They have been too busy making the greatest sci fi series in the history of gaming, not to mention one of the best in the history of media.
---
http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/NIR_Hockey.png
http://www.last.fm/user/hockeybub89/ Bears Beets Battlestar Galactica
#150knuxnolePosted 12/12/2012 11:02:03 AM
CronoDyne posted...
jubjub360 posted...
You group people together and you don't play games for fun. That's literally your points cronodyne.

Here I'm going to give you a challenge: go and play a game by one of these so called boycotted companies. You said Capcom so let's stick with that. Go and get dragons dogma (I've heard that's a fun game). Tell me that you don't have fun with it.

Here's another: try Dead Space 2. Hell try Bulletstorm! Again tell me you don't have fun with it.

What people am I grouping together? I'm calling YOU a blind loyalist for being a blind loyalist. And of course you ignore my point once again, because you have no counter argument against it. Here, I'll put out there for the fourth time in this topic: Capcom continues to conduct shady business practices. When you purchase a Capcom product, you're supporting Capcom. When you support Capcom, you support these shady business practices. Do you think logical people were still buying pulp and paper from Enron after they found out what they did, despite liking that pulp and paper? Of course not. It's a pretty concept to grasp, so I'm not sure why you're having so much trouble understanding it.

And no, I won't buy Dragons Dogma. Because that supports a company that continues to ruin the foundation of the video game industry. You know what I will buy? Any game from any other company that doesn't screw over their customers. You see.. I like to have fun with games, and as a gamer, I like to actually spend my money on games that will directly benefit the future of gaming. It's up to US, the gamers, to say "no" to Capcom's never ending attack on the consumer. Otherwise Capcom will continue to lock content on discs, or devolve series, or ignore genres, or abandon franchises, or milk series, or nickle and dime their fans in every way possible.

And please, go ahead and respond with your none responses and personal jabs, because from your last 10 posts in this topic we all know that's all you have to offer, just like in every other topic you post in.

Dude, GET USED to the fact that companies will be like this forever. This is the new generation of gaming. It will stay like this FOREVER.

Soon, you might have no games to play, at all!
---