This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you guys think The Last of Us is being sent to die at retail by Sony

#1BindersOfWomenPosted 12/10/2012 7:42:33 PM
Why would they launch May 7 when that seems like where GTAV will end up? A game like The Last of US deserves to put in the best position to succeed with how hard ND has worked on it and how awesome it looks.
#2Golden MavenPosted 12/10/2012 7:45:34 PM
I don't think GTA V will crush it. If someone is interested in both, they'll end up getting both.
#3TomoEK9Posted 12/10/2012 7:48:40 PM
Golden Maven posted...
I don't think GTA V will crush it. If someone is interested in both, they'll end up getting both.

But will they buy both at the same time? Thats the question, we all judge a game's success by its initial sales, not lifetime.

If given the choice, I am sure more people would spring for GTAV over The Last of Us.
#4Video_Game_CzarPosted 12/10/2012 7:49:33 PM
Why wouldn't you buy both?
---
PSN: VideoGameCzar l XBL: VideoGameCzar l Steam: TheVideoGameCzar
#5Thermador446Posted 12/10/2012 7:49:39 PM
TC feels their opinion is actually relevant compared to people who actually know what they're talking about.

how cute!
---
"While you are wasting your time castrating a priceless antique, I have been systematically feeding babies to hungry mutated puppies!"
#6usernamestuffPosted 12/10/2012 7:50:07 PM
sony making a dumb decision?

whoa this never ever happens!
---
http://i.imgur.com/y7oyI.gif
http://i.imgur.com/dtyng.gif
#7kcypher2000Posted 12/10/2012 7:51:26 PM
usernamestuff posted...
sony making a dumb decision?

whoa this never ever happens!

Sony knows about sales, look at the vita PS All Stars and Wonder Book.
#8DarknessXSeekerPosted 12/10/2012 7:53:19 PM
Maybe there is people that don't give a damn about GTAV such as myself and really wants The Last of Us.
---
"You're gonna get shown the door, old man."
#9SailorSatournePosted 12/10/2012 7:54:05 PM
Golden Maven posted...

There's something to be said for a release window where it won't be competing with something else that's similarly high profile. I remember Skyfall had it's release date pushed back so it wouldn't be competing with...I think it was one of the Marvel movies, I can't remember. (Avengers? Iron Man 2?)

When two high profile things are released so close together, they're competing for attention. And sure, people that want both and have the money may get both. But unless you're a Nintendo franchise you are NOT planning to have your single game last a whole freaking console generation in terms of being new on the shelf.

If you release something up against something else big, you're losing precious time in the spotlight. WE are the MINORITY. Most folks don't follow the industry like we do and can easily miss games like The Last of Us if it's not marketed properly, which includes another huge release overshaodwing it.
---
Placeholder signature so people don't skip the last line of my posts.
#10Wario_manPosted 12/10/2012 7:58:03 PM
I'm not really interested in either but given the choice between the two I'd pick The Last Of Us no contest and I don't even know what it is about other than being yet anothet zombie game.
---
PH1R57 1'lL G37 73H 7R345Ur3, 4nD 7h3N 1'lL G37 JoO.