This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

It's disgusting people (mostly males) base fun of pointlessly hard games.

#1Bayonetta_Posted 12/11/2012 5:58:48 AM
When I speak of hard I'm NOT talking about fair challenges. Legit challenge in games are ok.

It really blows my mind that you could have an excellent game with a crazy amount of replay value then out of nowhere people start bashing it because it doesn't have one-it kills or controller reading A.I.

Maybe it's my age but I have nothing to prove by defeating excessively hard games. I gain sense of accomplishment helping my sisters kid, after a hard days work or cooking the perfect meal. I mean it's crazy how gamers bash one another just for not liking a game that has no real value besides frustrating you. I honestly think both devs and gamers need to stop with this childish attitude that hard games make you uber elite or macho. Only thing it tells people is that you've wasted your life trying to beat cheating A.I that allowed you to win.

Now I stated "mostly men" because it just seems like it's an ego macho thing going on. Anytime a gamer speaks out on unbalanced difficulty here comes the arrogant macho gamer reading to bash you. He'll talk big about how all his games back in the day were hard........but what he doesn't realize is that they are hard so you'll keep spending money at the arcades. Home consoles also back then were hard because they had no replay value so the devs wanted you to die hundreds of times to drag out the length. Devs pretty much played every hardcore gamer as an idiot because they know the male ego is fragile. You'll still see pointless hard games come out of Japan sometimes as well. They add ranking to make you the male-game feel inferior if you score low. What's worse is that you scored low because the A.I cheated you half the time thus your ego forces you to go at it again and again. Most Japanese games haven't evolved beyond the male-ego.

In my opinion games that do evolve beyond satisfying the male ego turn out better. The challenges are much more fair because they aren't trying to prove something. In modern games today you can enjoy them for the entertainment they are instead of how elite they make you're hungry male ego feel.
#2AnonUnknownPosted 12/11/2012 6:03:01 AM
ok
#3banzaiheilPosted 12/11/2012 6:06:50 AM
No need to get your panties in a bunch.
---
RAMMSTEIN -Atlanta, GA 04/23/2012
Soooooooo good!
#4Jason_HudsonPosted 12/11/2012 6:09:25 AM
I can't be doing with hard difficulties anymore. I have nothing I wish to prove to people and I much prefer to mess around and enjoy myself in video games than yell at the TV and want to throw my controller across the room. I don't find difficulty fun. I'd rather run out like a lunatic and take hundreds of bullets instead of having to cower behind a rock waiting for a chance to move up.

I used to play hard games when I was younger. Something changed, I just can't be doing with them anymore.
---
"My name is Spartan Jay, the greatest MW3 player of all time. Because I am on your team, this team will win" ~ Spartan Jay
#5este914Posted 12/11/2012 6:12:34 AM
Most days now I find it difficult to even 'get away' for a little and play games on my own leisure time. So when I play, I just want to 'play through' games for the story and overall experience. I can usually do this just fine on 'normal' difficulty.
I dont have the time or patience (anymore) to play through a game on 'god mode' (call it what you will) .. Those days are long gone for me.
---
-> este914 <-
WHO ELSE?!
#6atma6Posted 12/11/2012 6:13:12 AM
I think there was a way of saying "I don't like cheap games" that didn't involve an attack against an entire gender. Maybe you couldn't think of it and had to resort to sweeping generalizations, but it seems like that there might have been a way...
---
Mistranslations for the Modern Gamer
http://mistranslationformg.blogspot.com/
#7thesnoopmeisterPosted 12/11/2012 6:14:43 AM
AnonUnknown posted...
ok

---
PSN - thesnoopmeister
#8toadiemanPosted 12/11/2012 6:17:29 AM
I like overcoming challenges whether cheap or fair. There's satisfaction in it.
---
PSN: toadieman
#9SteadyingMeatPosted 12/11/2012 6:19:10 AM
atma6 posted...
I think there was a way of saying "I don't like cheap games" that didn't involve an attack against an entire gender. Maybe you couldn't think of it and had to resort to sweeping generalizations, but it seems like that there might have been a way...

To be fair, either way wouldn't have ended well since TC would have just gotten a bunch of comments like " You suck at the game ", etc.

But yeah, I dunno what is with the year 2012 and the whole battle of the sexes thing that is going on way, way more than usual, but it's getting really old now.
---
" hey meat-kun y you no sig? :| "
#10atma6Posted 12/11/2012 6:23:39 AM
SteadyingMeat posted...
atma6 posted...

To be fair, either way wouldn't have ended well since TC would have just gotten a bunch of comments like " You suck at the game ", etc.

But yeah, I dunno what is with the year 2012 and the whole battle of the sexes thing that is going on way, way more than usual, but it's getting really old now.

It's true that the TC would have gotten called out, which speaks really bad of GameFAQs' user base, but it's a bad ploy to get around that. It is very hard to mention gender in video games without some kind of attack and that's when you aren't accusing a gender of something. It seems like either the TC is misguided or wants a battle of the sexes.
---
Mistranslations for the Modern Gamer
http://mistranslationformg.blogspot.com/