This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS3 news,new Dynasty Warriors 8 trailer with enhanced graphics, and improvements

#1xenosaga123Posted 12/11/2012 8:56:26 AM
It's a good thing Dynasty Warriors series continues, it gives PS3 much more fun than just PS3 being flooded with shooters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IckAI_1_3bI#!

lol, cool horse stunts. xD

Story Mode
Story Mode is still faction-oriented and has seamless cutscenes
The mode may have online co-op
Jin kingdom is still returning
DW8 will have more freedom in the stage's progress route, unlike DW7 which had a quite preset progress route
The stories are being rewritten from scratch
There will be also what-if stories that consist of certain generals living beyond their actual lifespans (eg. Guo Jia in Chi Bi)
There will be a selection of main characters to choose in some stages (eg. Wei's Hefei may have selection between Zhang Liao, Yue Jin or Li Dian)
Free Mode
Free Mode is returning

There will be also another new game mode for the replay value

Gameplay Systems
Weapon switch system from DW7 is returning
All DW7 weapon types up to DW7E will be returning along with more brand-new weapons
Weapon Seals are gone and replaced with a new Weapon Tempering system that will allow more weapon customization & collection
Jump Charge is confirmed returning *NEW*
Musou Attacks *NEW*
All characters now have 3 Musou attacks
1st Musou: O
2nd Musou: R1+O
3rd Musou: Aerial O
The 1st & 2nd ground Musous will have different functions: One will be more towards crowd-clearing, while the other one will be focusing on dealing larger damage to a certain enemy
The Musou attack variety will be unlocked as the character is strengthened up
(Which means only 1st Musou will be available at the beginning, with 2nd & 3rd Musous needing to be unlocked later)
Normal Musou gauge seems to be permanently set to 3 stocks
Weapon Affinity *NEW*
Weapons now have affinity which corresponds to the weapons the opponent is holding

Activated if player's weapon has better affinity to opponent's weapon
Breaks enemy guard, allows more combo attack, and increases attack speed

Enemy officer who wields weapon with worse affinity to player's will have a greenish Vigor Gauge on top of their HP bar
The vigor gauge starts with a full outer circle, which will be depleted as the officer is attacked by player
When the outer circle is gone, Storm Rush will be activated
During Storm Rush mode, Square & Triangle buttons can be mashed to launch continuous attacks.
Variable Counter
Activated if player's weapon has worse affinity to opponent's weapon
As the name suggests, it's a counter attack that will make weapon switch at the end

Enemy officer who wields weapon with better affinity to player's will have a red mark on top of their HP bar
To execute a Variable Counter, launch a Variable attack (R1) on the enemy officer while they are charging their powerful attack
Both Storm Rush & Variable Counter will also blow away surrounding enemies
The gameplay is designed so that even casual gamers can also enjoy them, but expert players will also find them crucial on clearing high difficulty stages
Awakening
This system is reminiscent to DW5's Awakening Rage
The red gauge left of player character's portrait is the Awakening Gauge *NEW*
When the awakening gauge is full, the player can opt to enter Awakening mode *NEW*
During Awakening mode, the Musou gauge that is usually composed of multiple blocks will be unified into a single bar like past DW games
Stats are greatly increased, and Musou attack will be changed to Awakening Musou attack
Awakening Musou seems to be reminiscent to pre-DW7 Musou attacks
When a lot of enemies are beaten with this Awakening Musou, it will evolve even further into True Awakening Musou
The merit of using Awakening Musou is that enemies beaten will drop better stat-up items

There will be a Very Easy setting dedicated for casual players
#2ManuKesnaPosted 12/11/2012 8:56:55 AM
meh
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna
#3Greg13221Posted 12/11/2012 8:59:28 AM
ManuKesna posted...
meh
#4To_CiPosted 12/11/2012 9:00:13 AM
So far so good. Maybe this will break the trend of the even-numbered DWs being fairly rubbish.
---
I have hesitated as to whether I should say anything or nothing, but, as it is the fashion to say something, I suppose I must comply.
#5JahkeemyorkPosted 12/11/2012 9:12:45 AM
Oh hey look another Dynasty Warriors game, what's this the 9th type of DW game released this gen alone?

One Piece 1,2
Fist of the North STar 1,2
Warriors Orochi 3,
Gundam Warriors 2,3
Dynasty Warriors 6,7,Legends,Empires and now 8

Geeze
#6doraemonllh1989Posted 12/11/2012 9:14:51 AM
Looks great,i havent bought any of dynasty warrior games this gen
---
my grammar sucks and i dont care
disappointing game of the year = re6 (6.5/10)
#7wstfldPosted 12/11/2012 9:16:37 AM
I have never played on of these because they always get horrid reviews. Can someone explain what the redeeming quality is?
---
Last Played: Assassin's Creed 3 (8/10)
Now Playing: XCOM Enemy Unknown, Assassin's Creed 3, FIFA 13
#8Ondore_MPosted 12/11/2012 9:18:24 AM
Jahkeemyork posted...
Oh hey look another Dynasty Warriors game, what's this the 9th type of DW game released this gen alone?

One Piece 1,2
Fist of the North STar 1,2
Warriors Orochi 3,
Gundam Warriors 2,3
Dynasty Warriors 6,7,Legends,Empires and now 8

Geeze

One Piece has more interactive environs

FotNS's combat has more depth

WO3 has a bevy of new levels and tons of characters

Gundam games are a faster, more contained format

6 and 7 play differently due to the Renbu system in the former and the Weapon Switch in the later.

Legends and Empires are completely different.

8 is adding a ton of content.

But oh no, they all play the same. The uninformed are funny.
#9To_CiPosted 12/11/2012 9:23:39 AM
wstfld posted...
I have never played on of these because they always get horrid reviews. Can someone explain what the redeeming quality is?

They're the only battlefield action games in existence save for Capcom's halfhearted attempt, they've got large and fairly varied character rosters, and they're generally quite content-packed, unpretentious and fun-oriented in a generation where games are becoming more arty and streamlined. If anything it would seem reviewers hate them for not being more like straight traditional action games, not that anyone berates Devil May Cry or God of War for having one playable character and only a few enemies on screen most of the time.
---
I have hesitated as to whether I should say anything or nothing, but, as it is the fashion to say something, I suppose I must comply.
#10este914Posted 12/11/2012 9:24:38 AM
Greg13221 posted...
ManuKesna posted...
meh

---
-> este914 <-
WHO ELSE?!