This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS3 news,new Dynasty Warriors 8 trailer with enhanced graphics, and improvements

#11xenosaga123(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 9:38:24 AM
To_Ci posted...
wstfld posted...
I have never played on of these because they always get horrid reviews. Can someone explain what the redeeming quality is?

They're the only battlefield action games in existence save for Capcom's halfhearted attempt, they've got large and fairly varied character rosters, and they're generally quite content-packed, unpretentious and fun-oriented in a generation where games are becoming more arty and streamlined. If anything it would seem reviewers hate them for not being more like straight traditional action games, not that anyone berates Devil May Cry or God of War for having one playable character and only a few enemies on screen most of the time.

yup. if anything, the mainstream action games are overrated, and the Dynasty Warriors is unfairly underrated and underappreciated in the west.

but good thing the east has better taste than the west, because the Dynasty Warriors series is one of the best series in the entire industry's history that while have story and character interaction, still hold onto its foundations of gameplay and videogame entertainment.
#12LordOfCinderPosted 12/11/2012 9:38:44 AM
To_Ci posted...
So far so good. Maybe this will break the trend of the even-numbered DWs being fairly rubbish.

Hey now, DW2 and DW4 were pretty awesome!
#13DoukouPosted 12/11/2012 9:47:24 AM
este914 posted...
Greg13221 posted...
ManuKesna posted...
meh

---
Don't read this sig.
#14toadiemanPosted 12/11/2012 9:58:03 AM
este914 posted...
Greg13221 posted...
ManuKesna posted...
meh

---
PSN: toadieman
#15OkikurmiPosted 12/11/2012 10:00:13 AM
Who are the new characters?
---
I...am...Alexander. Tremble...before me... Worship...my greatness... I shall ascend to the heavens...
#16ElBorak77Posted 12/11/2012 10:09:19 AM(edited)
ha ha! awesome. i'll probably get it eventually.
---
PSN El_Borak_77
#17ManinstagnatePosted 12/11/2012 10:06:27 AM
xenosaga123 posted...
To_Ci posted...
wstfld posted...
I have never played on of these because they always get horrid reviews. Can someone explain what the redeeming quality is?

They're the only battlefield action games in existence save for Capcom's halfhearted attempt, they've got large and fairly varied character rosters, and they're generally quite content-packed, unpretentious and fun-oriented in a generation where games are becoming more arty and streamlined. If anything it would seem reviewers hate them for not being more like straight traditional action games, not that anyone berates Devil May Cry or God of War for having one playable character and only a few enemies on screen most of the time.

yup. if anything, the mainstream action games are overrated, and the Dynasty Warriors is unfairly underrated and underappreciated in the west.

but good thing the east has better taste than the west, because the Dynasty Warriors series is one of the best series in the entire industry's history that while have story and character interaction, still hold onto its foundations of gameplay and videogame entertainment.

All the Dynasty warrior games are good it's just that they are the most milked games of all time and everyone is getting tired of them. DW3 was praised back in the day.
#18SixStringHeroPosted 12/11/2012 10:14:15 AM
Curious to see what die hard DW fans think of Call of Duty...
---
I don't care about the altitude, I just want another drink.
#19IdTheDemonPosted 12/11/2012 10:20:38 AM
I still want SW 3 in English subs on the PS3.
---
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmane/ceejay/simple
#20godwavePosted 12/11/2012 10:23:14 AM
toadieman posted...
este914 posted...
Greg13221 posted...
ManuKesna posted...
meh