This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone feel Mass Effect is overrated?

#41zyrax2301Posted 12/11/2012 2:02:52 PM
touyamizrahi posted...
zyrax2301 posted...
touyamizrahi posted...
yes there's shooting involved, but 85% or so of most games, are pretty much interactive books.

lol. Yeah ok.

you don't think so? pick 20 game titles that are NOT all the same genre (4 can be though) and we'll go look up a synopsis and some reviews, and i'll bet you that you're just playing through a storyline of written text that progresses as fast as you allow it....which is just like a book amazingly enough!

Ha, assuming you care to pay attention to the story and don't skip the cutscenes. Books are nothing without their story. Games don't suffer from that - you can still play a game without touching the story.

Most games are pretty much not interactive books. Suck games, like Heavy Rain, are probably pretty close.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#42necro00(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 2:04:21 PM
The games are boring period
#43ManuKesnaPosted 12/11/2012 2:06:24 PM
The games are boring period

no is not, you just have bad taste and like to make controversial topics so you can get attention in your life :(

---
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna
#44touyamizrahiPosted 12/11/2012 2:07:27 PM
jubjub360 posted...
touyamizrahi posted...
zyrax2301 posted...
touyamizrahi posted...
yes there's shooting involved, but 85% or so of most games, are pretty much interactive books.

lol. Yeah ok.

you don't think so? pick 20 game titles that are NOT all the same genre (4 can be though) and we'll go look up a synopsis and some reviews, and i'll bet you that you're just playing through a storyline of written text that progresses as fast as you allow it....which is just like a book amazingly enough!

Why the big number?

because there are literally what...about 100K+ different games out there right now? i could say pick 5 titles, but again they can not share a single genre at that point then. considering rpg can cover a wide variety as well. shooting rpgs (mass effect), action rpgs (dark souls), regular rpgs (final fantasy). if he was to pick a game like mass effect, then in the single game list of no overlapping genres, that would take out shooting games, sci fi games, and rpg games with a single title. that's why i gave him the chance for more variety so some genres can overlap but not all of them. is it really hard to name 20+ games you really like to play? well..maybe...if you're like 10....
---
"That's like saying, "You're not a vegan! You're black!" - RPG maniac87 <3
PSN: KatouKimiko
#45singhellotakuPosted 12/11/2012 2:07:51 PM
Yep, they are great games, but hugely overrated, kind of like the AC series and Halo, great games, but not quite worthy of their rabid fanbases
#46BizzaroMurphyPosted 12/11/2012 2:09:15 PM
Who cares? Even if it is unarguably overrated, how does that affect you?
---
Hooch is crazy.
#47singhellotakuPosted 12/11/2012 2:10:58 PM
The ME plots really aren't great, for all those that say that is what makes the games great, ME is pretty standard Sci-Fi fare mixed with the standard RPG build up from small beginnings to saving the universe.
#48gamebuyer22Posted 12/11/2012 2:17:20 PM
Not just Mass Effect. Its all Bioware games. I dont see the appeal of watching badly animated mannequins with no lip sync talk for hours. Baldur's gate was good and so was MDK2. Their modern RPGs are all the same. Too much dialogue, subpar graphics, bad animations etc.
#49necro00(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 2:17:54 PM
gamebuyer22 posted...
Not just Mass Effect. Its all Bioware games. I dont see the appeal of watching badly animated mannequins with no lip sync talk for hours. Baldur's gate was good and so was MDK2. Their modern RPGs are all the same. Too much dialogue, subpar graphics, bad animations etc.

Truth
#50BizzaroMurphyPosted 12/11/2012 2:19:09 PM
So don't play them.
---
Hooch is crazy.