This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Used game buyers APPRECIATION thread!!!!!!

#1gucciburrrPosted 12/11/2012 2:58:52 PM
This thread is to show appreciation for all you used game buyers out there. This last year has been sort of rough. With awful "blockbuster" titles like Resident Evil 6, games with more bugs than bunny like AC3 and billion dollar franchises with netcodes that resemble a low budget launch title like Black Ops 2, its obvious developers don't give a damn. So, I salute the gamers who also don't give a damn. Don't give a damn about these sloppy developers that is. Hold your head up high used game buyers because YOU are the true pillars of the gaming community.....
---
Why is a below average developer, who hasn't created ONE acclaimed game from the ground up, allowed to repeatedly screw up the biggest name in gaming????
#2SophisticationPosted 12/11/2012 3:00:16 PM
If I ever buy a retail game again... it will be used. Especially if it's a naughtydog or insomniac game.
---
As a sophisticated gamer with a sophisticated taste I am here to represent my fellow, like minded, Sophistocrats with successful, savvy topics & post.
#3jubjub360Posted 12/11/2012 3:02:06 PM
Three whole games?! Wow this sure has been a bad year! I'll just go and play Far Cry 3, Hitman Absolution, Borderlands 2, Dishonored, and XCOM.
---
F*** yo' MLA! It's all about that APA!
http://i.imgur.com/JF8gG.jpg
#4este914Posted 12/11/2012 3:02:55 PM
I dont even
---
-> este914 <-
WHO ELSE?!
#5servb0tsPosted 12/11/2012 3:04:12 PM
Buy Dragon Dogma used. Great game but not worthy to support Capcom.
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P Megaman Legends 3
-PS3 FFXIV ARR 2.0 Day 1 Buy I can't wait to maxout Summoner
#6jabboonPosted 12/11/2012 3:04:32 PM
I haven't bought Retail price in years, or even stepped foot into a Gamestop, but I still buy new a lot thanks to online deals. Can usually get new games for 40-45 really quick after release.

But I definitely appreciate all the used gamers out there, as I flip games for a profit or break even all the time on ebay, so thank you for not supporting lazy developers!
---
Layin the Crunch Down-The Eredar Legends
#7chiefofsb78Posted 12/11/2012 3:09:47 PM
This is the cheapskate unite thread uh lol
#8touyamizrahiPosted 12/11/2012 3:14:32 PM
i love these thread. do you really think gamestop/ebgames buys the games at $60 they sell them for? no they don't cause if they did, they wouldn't make any profit, and thus wouldn't have any stores able to be open. buying a used game doesn't matter because you're doing that to support your local game store. used or new, they don't mind as long as they get the sale, because them making profit, means THEY will buy more games from developers to put on their shelves.

if people are so adamant to "support the developers" then they should be buying in bulk from the warehouse and selling them at the same cost and not making any profit, that's the true way to support the developers!

I buy used to support my local EB Games and I'm happy to help my local store. I also buy new if I have the time to play it right away, because buying a new game i can play right away gives them increased profits. People need to learn WTF they're talking about.
---
"That's like saying, "You're not a vegan! You're black!" - RPG maniac87 <3
PSN: KatouKimiko
#9Pereb27Posted 12/11/2012 3:16:21 PM
I think it's not really about buying used or new, but the price you buy.

When I am interested in a game, I will look for information about it and decide based on that information how much it is worth to me. My main criteria is the length on single player mode (unless the game is heavily multiplayer oriented, but I'm not into those at all anyway). If I'm going to pay full price I want to get more than a hundred hours of fun from it. That's why I'll never buy a game with a 6h campaign at full price (if at all, unless I can get it for like $8).
#10gucciburrr(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 3:17:34 PM
jubjub360 posted...
Three whole games?! Wow this sure has been a bad year! I'll just go and play Far Cry 3, Hitman Absolution, Borderlands 2, Dishonored, and XCOM.

Really? Ubisoft made sure people knew about Far Cry 3s map editor and the co-op they supposedly worked so hard on. After release, the map editor constantly causes hard freezes, the co-op runs like ass and the mp has a netcode about as bad as BO2.

Hitman's severe corrupt data issue still isn't fixed. My cousin lost his all his progress twice due to this nonsense.

People have been mysteriously losing character progress in Boderlands 2 since release. Hilariously enough, paid DLC released before an actual fix. Rofl..

Dishonored is probably the only somewhat decent running title.

I only used 3 titles to be somewhat generous. Trust me, there's alot more including the majority of the titles you named...
---
Why is a below average developer, who hasn't created ONE acclaimed game from the ground up, allowed to repeatedly screw up the biggest name in gaming????