This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wada admits Final Fantasy XIV's failure is what delayed other HD titles

#31Holy7777Posted 12/11/2012 8:27:24 PM
Nah don't care.

I guess I am going to play some Good Chinese RPG Games...
---
If I became the CEO of Sony the PS4 would rocket to 1st place and leave the Xbox Z and Wii HD in the dust :P ~ Cyber Akuma Zero
#32DestinPosted 12/11/2012 8:32:53 PM
RPG maniac87 posted...
Thamauturge posted...
This. They fixed FF12, and I believe they can fix FF14 too.-

From a technical standpoint, there was nothing wrong with FFXII when it came out. What makes you say so?

Are you implying that there was something wrong with FFXIV from a technical standpoint?

they sold people a game in beta, so yea there were a lot of technical problems.
---
Destin the Valiant
#33chocolatesodaPosted 12/11/2012 8:43:59 PM
Devilman_Amon posted...
chocolatesoda posted...

If they had the resources to release the three games close together, then they would since that would most likely better their financial situation. It is just that they cannot spend so much money on marketing at once.

Does Activision release Black Ops and Modern Warefare close together?? No they release one every fiscal year. Does Ubisoft release Ass Creed games close together within the same fiscal year? No. Don't be ridiculous.
S-E doesn't want the media attention of one big release game to eat into the other nor do they want their sales of each game sucking the other one out. Use your brain.

Modern Warfare and Black Ops games would not be able to be released close together because they're developed at different points in time. Also, Ubisoft released AC3 and Liberation on the same day, so you're incorrect.

Even Square released FFX-2 and FFXI less than a month apart in NA and they both sold well. The company does not need to worry about one game stealing the attention of another; profits are almost always guaranteed. You really should have done some research and put more thought into your post.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmZ0XthctSI
#34Devilman_Amon(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 8:56:56 PM
chocolatesoda posted...
\

Modern Warfare and Black Ops games would not be able to be released close together because they're developed at different points in time. Also, Ubisoft released AC3 and Liberation on the same day, so you're incorrect.

All that is, is a management decision, like XIII and Versus, BO and MW are done by two completely different development teams. So yes they could both be developed at the same time. Activision just chooses from the higher up to have them alternate in development time.
The problem with FF games, is previously they did not take a year or two to make (until FF XIII series went CoD)

Also Liberation is a Vita game not even close to the same example so nice trolling there...

Even Square released FFX-2 and FFXI less than a month apart in NA and they both sold well.

Oh please. FF XI mostly sold on the PC so that was it's primary market. The PS2 version was a trickle over. How many customers do you think had PS2 online vs customers that had a PC that was online?

Just like DQ X is being sold on Wii & Wii U and S-E can still justify releasing FF XIV in the same year.

The company does not need to worry about one game stealing the attention of another; profits are almost always guaranteed. You really should have done some research and put more thought into your post.

Omg get a clue. FF XIV & FF X HD isn't even being shown at Jump Festa 2013 next month (which will be showing FF XIII LR, DQ Wii U & KH 1.5 HD) . S-E will only focus so much media blasting at a time. And of course Versus is no where to be found. They certainly ARE worried about attention grabbing from their other games and all that marketing and attention costs them money which they lack less of these days (thanks to FF XIV's initial failure and mass amount of $ dumped in to revamp it).
Profits are not almost guaranteed or else we'd have Type Zero already.
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#35confettistormPosted 12/11/2012 9:04:18 PM
So children, this is the story of how Star Ocean 5 became Star Galaxy. Once upon a time, there was a title called FFXIV....
#36CryofthePlanetPosted 12/11/2012 9:10:34 PM
zerooo0 posted...
3 games=milking now? Since when?

Also I like the XIII series.

I like it too. It's not the best of the bunch, but I love the world and characters and story (even though it told like crap... The jist of it is intriguing). Can't wait to see Lightning in XIII-3.

Now with that being said... They're totally milking it. Lightning is the cow and Square-Enix the farmer. And Snow is still there just because of "SERAHHH" which, in XIII's speech, translates roughly to "Moo" in English.
---
Check out my band! I'm the bassist :3
http://www.reverbnation.com/atdeathsbehest
#37_tanjil_Posted 12/11/2012 10:28:59 PM
meh 13 was a bland series, but it wasn't milked. Also as far as JRPGs that have come to the west goes FF13 wasn't all that bad. Still much better than Trinity Universe, Hyper Dimensions Neptuna, etc

Also I feel like the HD releases are rip offs. Not in general, I like my DMC, Sly and Jak and Daxter were great.

It's the idea of FFX HD, 1st it's gotta be the international/European edition right....it better be. Even though X-2 was meh, I feel like it should be included. Assuming it's not, who still thinks that they might see the game released at $30-$40 instead of $20?
#38mogar002Posted 12/11/2012 10:31:35 PM
TU & HDN are a thousand times better than the FFXIII series.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#39RollingCradlePosted 12/11/2012 11:23:00 PM
A crappy game held back other crappy games?

Shocker.
#40Magnum_DanPosted 12/12/2012 3:32:58 AM
Back when I was in high school we had a term for people like him. SOS. (Stuck On Stupid)
---
'In this great world full of stuff that's neat there is one thing that cannot be beat. It's the feeling so sunny when your squeezing a bunny" ELMYRA DUFF