This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is Square Enix about to reveal?

#121MrCheese4321Posted 12/11/2012 8:42:41 PM
singhellotaku posted...
do we really still not have an edit button? I'd like to fix my grammar but I guess I won't bother.

Message detail.
---
Why go to the park and fly a kite, when you can just pop a pill?
#122synthetiksinPosted 12/11/2012 9:01:02 PM
People actually expected something good? HA! How novel.
#123Bloodmoon77Posted 12/11/2012 9:04:21 PM
Came into this topic with no hopes whatsoever, left satisfied. **** you Square Enix.
---
"A man chooses, a slave obeys."-Andrew Ryan
#124ORANGE666Posted 12/11/2012 9:26:22 PM(edited)
How dare Square Enix try to make money making browser based games! I'm sure it must have taken development time away from their console games! Not. This browser game has ZERO effect on any real games SE is currently working on, SE has developers dedicated to do this kind of job. A countdown on a website you own is the cheapest way to advertise such a game

And a lot of you are ignorant in the fact that Square Enix is in a delicate position right now, bankruptcy or a buyout is becoming a reality with every day that passes. That Final Fantasy MMORPG absolutely killed them financially, every big budget game they put out now will be under a microscope to see how much money it brings them.

That's right sales don't matter, what matters is profit. FF13-2 sold poorly for a FF game, but it was cheap to develop and the fact they're making FF Lighting Returns show that it must have made quite a bit of profit, maybe even more than other FF games.
#125coolsurfer800Posted 12/11/2012 9:28:39 PM
Star Galaxy
---
No, John. You are the demons.
There's vomit on the sweater already. Mom's spaghetti.
#126theofficefan99Posted 12/11/2012 9:45:10 PM(edited)
ORANGE666 posted...
How dare Square Enix try to make money making browser based games! I'm sure it must have taken development time away from their console games! Not. This browser game has ZERO effect on any real games SE is currently working on, SE has developers dedicated to do this kind of job. A countdown on a website you own is the cheapest way to advertise such a game

And a lot of you are ignorant in the fact that Square Enix is in a delicate position right now, bankruptcy or a buyout is becoming a reality with every day that passes. That Final Fantasy MMORPG absolutely killed them financially, every big budget game they put out now will be under a microscope to see how much money it brings them.

That's right sales don't matter, what matters is profit. FF13-2 sold poorly for a FF game, but it was cheap to develop and the fact they're making FF Lighting Returns show that it must have made quite a bit of profit, maybe even more than other FF games.

What a blind sheep you are.

People are mad about SE making yet another countdown that deliberately looked like something else and it turned out to be some lame browser game. This is the 3rd time they did this.

And it is 100% their fault for releasing the turdstain that was XIV. They thought they could get away with releasing an unfinished turd and it backfired. Hard. Serves them right.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#127tgoldbergPosted 12/11/2012 9:46:58 PM
Aaaw, expecting a new Star Ocean game? TOO BAD. Enjoy this social browser game instead. And try not to drown in your own tears while you're at it.
---
Your favorite game will always be underrated.
Their favorite game will always be overrated.
#128TheNeoVoidPosted 12/11/2012 9:49:49 PM
Dear Square Enix,

I used to love both companies back in the day but now.....please just go die. Just give Dragon Quest to Nintendo and sell off the rest of your franchises to competent developers.

Signed,
TheNeoVoid
---
Official Jirachi of the B/W 2 Boards
White FC: 1292 2918 6719
#129tweetyweetyPosted 12/11/2012 10:00:07 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
People are mad about SE making yet another countdown that deliberately looked like something else and it turned out to be some lame browser game. This is the 3rd time they did this.

Oh, when will you people learn...
Also, "deliberately"? There was a timer, an image of spacestuff, and some fairly-nonsense words. If you took it and delusioned it into something huge or earth-shaking, that's your fault.

When was there any hard evidence for a new SO game (and no, space picture doesn't count)? Or a sequel to any of their other properties, for that matter? I mean, I can't ever see myself playing this Star Galaxy thing when (or if) it's available to English speakers, but at the same time you can't blame SE because the idiots who saw it decided to speculate like mad with nothing to base it on.
#130theofficefan99Posted 12/11/2012 10:04:30 PM
tweetyweety posted...
theofficefan99 posted...

Oh, when will you people learn...
Also, "deliberately"? There was a timer, an image of spacestuff, and some fairly-nonsense words. If you took it and delusioned it into something huge or earth-shaking, that's your fault.

When was there any hard evidence for a new SO game (and no, space picture doesn't count)? Or a sequel to any of their other properties, for that matter? I mean, I can't ever see myself playing this Star Galaxy thing when (or if) it's available to English speakers, but at the same time you can't blame SE because the idiots who saw it decided to speculate like mad with nothing to base it on.

The Star Ocean series is pretty much their only sci-fi series.

They have used a shot like that before with their Star Ocean games.

They had the word "Star" on the site.

They made it pretty clear that they wanted people to think that it was a Star Ocean game.

Stop being a blind sheep and realize that Square Enix is going down the drain.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin