This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is Square Enix about to reveal?

#131tweetyweetyPosted 12/11/2012 11:16:06 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
The Star Ocean series is pretty much their only sci-fi series.

THEY HAVE A SPACE GAME AND IT'S A PICTURE OF SPACE. THAT MUST MEAN IT'S A SEQUEL FOR THE SPACE GAME.
No.

They have used a shot like that before with their Star Ocean games.

Re-used a generic picture of a planet and some stars. Yeah, still no proof.

They had the word "Star" on the site.

But where was the word "Ocean"? One word is still no proof.

They made it pretty clear that they wanted people to think that it was a Star Ocean game.

Can you show me something released by SE that explicitly tells people to expect a new SO game?

Stop being a blind sheep and realize that Square Enix is going down the drain.

Nowhere in my previous message did I say anything even remotely close to "Square Ebix is[n't] going down the drain" (I mean, if we're going to be perfectly honest, I haven't bought an SE game since Star Ocean 3 way back in 2004 because I don't care for anything they've done since). What I'm saying is that the people who built themselves up over this without anything other than circumstantial evidence, rather than anything concrete, kind of deserved to be disappointed.
#132theofficefan99Posted 12/11/2012 11:21:15 PM
Uh, actually yes. That's not an unreasonable assumption at all.

So people can speculate, and they wouldn't want to reveal what it was right away. Putting in the word "Star" was a PAINFULLY obvious way to get peoples' attention because they'll think it's a Star Ocean game.

Yeah, the CGI shot, the space theme, and the word "Star" on the side is pretty much a dead give-away that they wanted people to think it's Star Ocean so they can advertise their stupid browser game that no one would care about otherwise.

I knew that this wasn't going to be something exciting, but to think that it's unreasonable for people to think that this was going to be a new Star Ocean game when that's what SE clearly wanted people to think, is just plain stupid.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#133Trailblazer34Posted 12/11/2012 11:22:23 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
People are mad about SE making yet another countdown that deliberately looked like something else and it turned out to be some lame browser game. This is the 3rd time they did this.

lol i thought that it was a new console IP until i read this post :P
#134tweetyweetyPosted 12/11/2012 11:42:30 PM
theofficefan99 posted...

So people can speculate, and they wouldn't want to reveal what it was right away. Putting in the word "Star" was a PAINFULLY obvious way to get peoples' attention because they'll think it's a Star Ocean game.

Yeah, the CGI shot, the space theme, and the word "Star" on the side is pretty much a dead give-away that they wanted people to think it's Star Ocean so they can advertise their stupid browser game that no one would care about otherwise.

I knew that this wasn't going to be something exciting, but to think that it's unreasonable for people to think that this was going to be a new Star Ocean game when that's what SE clearly wanted people to think, is just plain stupid.

Again, circumstantial evidence is not enough. Because guess what? That CGI shot, the space theme, and the word "Star" on the side also apply to Star Galaxy! That's why it's circumstantial evidence: it doesn't conclusively and unquestionably point to one conclusion. And you can say whatever they "clearly wanted people to think" otherwise, but aside from what was actually on the countdown page there were no other hints as to what this reveal was going to be. Just because YOU thought it was a new Star Ocean doesn't mean that everyone else came to the same conclusion; I saw people guessing it might be a new Final Fantasy game. And one person in the countdown's Twitter feed was hoping for KH3 (I think they were the only one hoping for that, though).

Maybe in the future, this will teach you and anyone else who ended up being disappointed to not take something inconclusive and hold on to it like it's the truth, because when you're inevitably proven wrong you'll just run around whining about it instead of realizing that you shouldn't have done that to begin with.
#135theofficefan99Posted 12/11/2012 11:46:10 PM
tweetyweety posted...
theofficefan99 posted...

Again, circumstantial evidence is not enough. Because guess what? That CGI shot, the space theme, and the word "Star" on the side also apply to Star Galaxy! That's why it's circumstantial evidence: it doesn't conclusively and unquestionably point to one conclusion. And you can say whatever they "clearly wanted people to think" otherwise, but aside from what was actually on the countdown page there were no other hints as to what this reveal was going to be. Just because YOU thought it was a new Star Ocean doesn't mean that everyone else came to the same conclusion; I saw people guessing it might be a new Final Fantasy game. And one person in the countdown's Twitter feed was hoping for KH3 (I think they were the only one hoping for that, though).

Maybe in the future, this will teach you and anyone else who ended up being disappointed to not take something inconclusive and hold on to it like it's the truth, because when you're inevitably proven wrong you'll just run around whining about it instead of realizing that you shouldn't have done that to begin with.

As I said before, I wasn't disappointed. I was expecting a lame MMO or an iOS game, and I definitely wasn't disappointed with the outcome. Disappointed in SE, of course, for being so ****ing lame as usual, but not with the result of the countdown.

My point was that it is definitely not unreasonable to think that it was Star Ocean. Until today, the ONLY sci-fi space IP SE had was Star Ocean. The CGI shot of planets in space plus the word "Star" was enough of a dead give-away that Square Enix WANTED people to think that this was a Star Ocean game so that people would actually give two ****s about the countdown. If everyone knew this was for a browser game, no one would care. It was their intention to troll people so they could get a few suckers to be interested in this browser game of theirs.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#136SieKensouPosted 12/11/2012 11:48:12 PM
Star Galaxy is a Star Ocean title...... fairly certain it is
---
Tear Grants: Yappari Kawaiii~! <3<3<3
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462
#137Devil_wings00Posted 12/11/2012 11:48:50 PM
Hey I see a lot of Square bashing here. I honestly don't care much for the stuff they develop anymore but they are a pretty decent publisher, especially if you PC game. They are about the only publisher left that puts a considerable amount of effort into making devs make decent PC ports. I read in an interview the only reason sleeping dogs PC version got the features it did (proper options menu, free high res texture pack) was because of squares insistence. For that I grateful.
---
3570k @ 4.6, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, 2 Mushkin Chronos in raid0, 1TB WD black.
#138theofficefan99Posted 12/11/2012 11:53:14 PM
SieKensou posted...

It isn't.
---
#139LesserAngelPosted 12/11/2012 11:55:11 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
SieKensou posted...

It isn't.

Star Ocean or not, it's still a friggen browser game.
#140zUkUuPosted 12/12/2012 9:49:19 AM
Wada needs to go. seriously, he just destroys a 20+ year old image of square by doing NOTHING but crap. He has not done A SINGLE THING RIGHT. untill he is gone, Square will remain laughable and nothing but a greedy fan-ignoring company.