This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

There is no more overrated game franchise then MGS

#71zUkUuPosted 12/12/2012 9:05:11 AM
Uncharted says hi.
#72deadmarvPosted 12/12/2012 9:37:18 AM
necro00 posted...
The games just arent fun, terrible control not to mention awful over the top story

I find Halo and Gears of War to be worse in these departments.
---
All PS3 owners should boycott Bethesda.
#73NintatterdemonPosted 12/12/2012 9:41:07 AM
Whew well good thing that's settled, they can stop making them now because some random guy on a message board said they're overrated.
#74Ryphis_DemeanorPosted 12/12/2012 9:56:59 AM
Wrong there is NIER. Barely a franchise but you can include it in the Drakengard family, and there are 3 games total (NIER, Nier Replicant, and NIER Gestalt).

Very overrated. The music is often described as the most beautiful soundtrack in years and is mostly 30 second keyboard loops that repetitiously grind on and on.

The gameplay is solid but hardly evolved from Drakengard a PS2 game.

The storyline is the best part though.
#75zUkUuPosted 12/12/2012 10:03:22 AM
30 sec keyboard loop? Oo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiDI4GZMVF0

Nier is easily one of the best games this gen if not all time. shows that you haven't played it.
#76RafedxPosted 12/12/2012 10:08:18 AM
Nintatterdemon posted...
Whew well good thing that's settled, they can stop making them now because some random guy on a message board said they're overrated.

---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every 15th of the month.
#77necro00(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 10:58:40 AM
grungastzenki posted...
AXKSION posted...
Gigahart_gaylor posted...
I too thought MGS was crap. Then I played the games. It's my favorite series. Not anyone's fault you can't appreciate the amazing story, incredible characters or the well done stealth gameplay. Your opinions aren't facts.

You sure haven't played many games if MGS is your favorite series.

The series is so weird, in a bad way.

Maybe you just don't like stealth games. Many people who don't like MGS is because they want to kill everything in the screen and don't like tedious thing like hiding and avoid being detected by the enemy. Story and gameplay wise MGS even better than FF in their golden era.

No its just not a GOOD stealth game
#78taetertotPosted 12/12/2012 11:36:57 AM
AXKSION posted...
taetertot posted...
Wait did somebody post that Uncharted franchise is overrated and overhyped? That's crazy though. IMHO Uncharted is THE franchise of this generation.

No. The Souls series is, and Uncharted does not even come anywhere close.

I put more hours into the Souls games than any other this gen, I think Diablo 2 is the only game I've ever put more hours into. So I love the Souls franchise. But they are not mainstream games. And while they pack stellar gameplay, they do not have the overall quality of Uncharted, which is "greatest of all time" status for production value, voice acting, dialogue, etc. And it's a franchise anyone can enjoy, a franchise that might turn nongamers into gamers. The souls series is really for the hardcore.
#79DarknessXSeekerPosted 12/12/2012 11:59:19 AM
spectermaster14 posted...
necro00 posted...
DarknessXSeeker posted...
Call of Duty, Elder Scrolls and Grand Theft Auto are a LOT more overrated.

The GTA series is great, awesome story, fun game play good control etc

Well that's your opinion I can't stand GTA, and I have never played MGS but I have read the story and it is a lot better than GTA s*** story in my opinion.

Dear sweet lord, no. MGS doesn't even have that bad a plot as a whole, but the writing is absolute ASS compared to GTA's.

Well we will just have to agree to disagree.
---
"You're gonna get shown the door, old man."
#80xenosaga123Posted 12/12/2012 12:03:11 PM
DarknessXSeeker posted...
, Elder Scrolls a LOT more overrated.

LOL wow you actually insult the #1 best single player RPG series in history that is GENERATIONS ahead of every other developer in many aspects.