This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I have 9 gigs of space on my PS3 but it is telling me I don't have enough space

#11lambchipsPosted 12/12/2012 10:06:10 AM
wow... people still dont know that after a download is completed it needs to unpack?
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#12faris_ruhiPosted 12/12/2012 10:28:18 AM
wow... people still dont know that after a download is completed it needs to unpack?

There are people that use their computer everyday that still don't know that turning the monitor on =/= turning your computer on. Not knowing about unpacking seems a lot less stupid when you have seen that.
---
PSN: SYRAPH , GT: TheRealSyraph
Backlog on hold. Currently playing: Halo 4
#13TheBorderColliePosted 12/12/2012 10:30:31 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#14TheBorderColliePosted 12/12/2012 10:31:06 AM
Here is my solution....and it would be very easy for Sony to do:

Simply list the ENTIRE amount of storage needed to download and install the game. So if the game is 5 GB in total, then say that an additional 5 GB is required temporarily for the installation process.

Saying that upfront would eliminate a lot of confusion.
---
Happy to see the return of TBC: 137
"Rasmussen wasn't really wrong, the election itself was." - CM_Punk_sXe
#15plo617Posted 12/12/2012 10:35:10 AM
TheBorderCollie posted...

Simply list the ENTIRE amount of storage needed to download and install the game. So if the game is 5 GB in total, then say that an additional 5 GB is required temporarily for the installation process.

This
#16Teepo64Posted 12/12/2012 10:49:33 AM
What is GB PS3 do you have?
---
"I'm not in it to win it. I'm in it for you."
Twitter: @Teepo_64
#17Ryphis_DemeanorPosted 12/12/2012 10:52:24 AM
$57 for 500GB
$93 for 1TB

Go with either of those options instead.
#18LunarRoarPosted 12/12/2012 10:55:00 AM
TheBorderCollie posted...

The better solution would be to have games download and install at the same time.
---
http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=lunarroar
Official Grand Master Assassin of New York (Assassin's Creed 3 board)
#19RafedxPosted 12/12/2012 10:56:18 AM
killak posted...
Not every console gamer has the background knowledge to know these kind of things

You mean common sense?

Its not really common sense, there are tons of people that are completely inept when it comes to video games, or tech in general. Thats also why a lot of people prefer consoles, pop in the game, let it install, start playing. With a PC you install the game then you have to tweak the hell out of it so it runs properly on your system, which most people don't like doing.

The average user would have had no idea that when you download say a 6 gig file you actually need 12 gigs free, one for the download and another to install the DL. All they see is that you need 6 gigs free and they will assume that's all you need.

As for the guy saying these threads need to stop and for people to use the search function, won't happen sadly. The Skyrim PS3 board still to this day gets a few topics talking about the water freeze bug, yet if they searched they would not get the hassle from irate users, and they would have a faster answer.

Now excuse me, I have to go change the input on some old mans TV as he has no idea what HDMI is, gotta love my tech job. lol
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every 15th of the month.
#20desert_santaPosted 12/12/2012 11:00:09 AM
GoatJugSoup posted...
killak posted...
These topics need to stop.

You can assume that any massive download, will be downloaded in the background, and background downloads require twice the space...

Think for a sec, as you sit there looking at your install icon of 5 gig......you're then left with 4 gig to install it.

Not every console gamer has the background knowledge to know these kind of things

this

i never knew until the first time i tried downloading a game on the pc a few years ago