This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Last Of Us -- broken down, busted open and spilt all over the ground

#101Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 12:43:58 AM
riddlebox89 posted...
Sophistication posted...
Just the messenger... You've got a lot of misguided anger and hostility as if I am the one who wrote the article -- I simply brought it here for all you good people to read and post your thoughts on it. And it seems to be a pretty darn successful debate thus far...

Carry on... Carry on...

Lol, and nobody gives a damn whether you wrote it or not, the fact of the matter is that you took it seriously, showing you're pathetic enough to think people actually want to read a BS article about someone raging about a game that hasn't even been released yet.

You're no better than the kids who think their opinion on a game they haven't even played is valid.

Wrong... you're just bitter because you're afraid that this guys thinking will catch on and your little ND love fest will be but a few die hard, ardent supporters sitting in a basement playing the game by yourselves.

Get with it and stop settling for 2nd place... It didn't work for Johnny, and he even swept the leg, It won't work for you and this situation either.
---
As a sophisticated gamer with a sophisticated taste I am here to represent my fellow, like minded, Sophistocrats with successful, savvy topics & post.
#102riddlebox89Posted 12/13/2012 12:52:14 AM
Sophistication posted...
Wrong... you're just bitter because you're afraid that this guys thinking will catch on and your little ND love fest will be but a few die hard, ardent supporters sitting in a basement playing the game by yourselves.

Get with it and stop settling for 2nd place... It didn't work for Johnny, and he even swept the leg, It won't work for you and this situation either.

Lol, says the guy thinking someone hating on a game before he's even had a chance to play it has a valid argument.

Yeah you do know that people who do that kind of thing, as well as the people who actually listen to them, aren't very well liked around here? Do you know why? Because they're stupid.

Whoever posted that is stupid, and you're stupid for buying into it.

The game is not out, therefor NO opinion, negative or positive, is valid as no one has played it yet.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#103Bloodmoon77Posted 12/13/2012 12:55:53 AM
I read up to the Bioshock video. I kind of agree with what he said..well whatever wasn't some over complicated analogy that he uses to make his crying longer. I agree that the post apocalyptic thing is way over done, and I myself hate it to death, but when he called Bioshock Infinite sh*t then I just stopped. That games environment is enough to make it good from what I've seen.
---
"A man chooses, a slave obeys."-Andrew Ryan
#104Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 1:06:55 AM
riddlebox89 posted...
Sophistication posted...

Lol, says the guy thinking someone hating on a game before he's even had a chance to play it has a valid argument.

Yeah you do know that people who do that kind of thing, as well as the people who actually listen to them, aren't very well liked around here? Do you know why? Because they're stupid.

Whoever posted that is stupid, and you're stupid for buying into it.

The game is not out, therefor NO opinion, negative or positive, is valid as no one has played it yet.

Riddle, he's not bashing the game on the merit of playing it -- He's simply arguing the devices ND are using are generic, tripe and over used. That's it. And that, like it or not, can be stated without having played the game... He doesn't like the theme, the tone. He never said he didn't like the gameplay.

Stop being so damn one sided and listen.
---
As a sophisticated gamer with a sophisticated taste I am here to represent my fellow, like minded, Sophistocrats with successful, savvy topics & post.
#105IHeartMetroidPosted 12/13/2012 2:20:28 AM
"the devices ND are using are generic, tripe and over used. "

Welcome to every story ever made in the entire world.

The article was irritating and pointless.
#106Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 2:22:52 AM
IHeartMetroid posted...
"the devices ND are using are generic, tripe and over used. "

Welcome to every story ever made in the entire world.

The article was irritating and pointless.

But why was it irritating and pointless...? I don't get it... Make me understand why you feel it wasn't a valid opinion or assessment of the source material.
---
#107IHeartMetroidPosted 12/13/2012 2:40:20 AM
Sophistication posted...
But why was it irritating and pointless...? I don't get it... Make me understand why you feel it wasn't a valid opinion or assessment of the source material.

Because the article writer strains over minutiae, while at the same time said rambly stuff is really an expansion of opinionated fluff. I'll give you a perfect example- the opening salvo. The author spends literally eight paragraphs to say nothing but "I think this game is boring and I'm tired of game designers using young women as story-based emotional outlets". He takes a basic, rather silly premise and then proceeds to fluff it up into the aforementioned thousand words, both robbing his article of pacing AND refusing to put any actual depth into it at all.

When I was a young lad, I used to do the same thing in my school papers- when I just got sick of the source material I'd just sit there and figure out how to ramble onward about some stupid thing until I hit the word count I was looking at. Did it fill the page? Yes.

But was it a worthwhile use of those words? Not at all.
#108Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 12:27:09 PM
IHeartMetroid posted...
Sophistication posted...

Because the article writer strains over minutiae, while at the same time said rambly stuff is really an expansion of opinionated fluff. I'll give you a perfect example- the opening salvo. The author spends literally eight paragraphs to say nothing but "I think this game is boring and I'm tired of game designers using young women as story-based emotional outlets". He takes a basic, rather silly premise and then proceeds to fluff it up into the aforementioned thousand words, both robbing his article of pacing AND refusing to put any actual depth into it at all.

When I was a young lad, I used to do the same thing in my school papers- when I just got sick of the source material I'd just sit there and figure out how to ramble onward about some stupid thing until I hit the word count I was looking at. Did it fill the page? Yes.

But was it a worthwhile use of those words? Not at all.

But he has several points that are valid... And, I don't know about you, the one he brings up about the invisible barriers due to setting it in a post apocalyptic world is 100% spot on.
---