This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Last Of Us -- broken down, busted open and spilt all over the ground

#61agrissaPosted 12/12/2012 3:47:06 PM
CrimsonGear80 posted...
The "play it before judging it" card is overused, and never works. There's nothing wrong with judging the game based on what devs have specifically chosen to reveal to us. They WANT us to judge it by what they've shown us. When they reveal more info, then we'll see if the new info confirms or denies our suspicions. In most cases, they do confirm them.

Then why don't reviewers just review the game now? Oh right, cause they haven't played it yet.

But I guess if you needed an excuse to troll the hell out of a game, then your advise is pretty sound....

Since when did I say you don't need to play a game before giving a proper full review? I'm just saying it's okay to judge by the limited amount of info the devs have shown us. It does look a lot like Uncharted, so it's not a completely silly thing to say.

Oh wait you're CrankyGear, why do I even bother? Where's AKXSION when you need him to distract you from trolling other ppl?
---
I had faith in humanity until I discovered Internet Message Boards.
#62agrissaPosted 12/12/2012 3:52:05 PM
Another reason why the card doesn't work is because the devs are actually very good at showing off what the game is about and how it'll play like. I rarely see huge discrepancies between what the game looks like it'll play like when it's first revealed, and how the final finished product actually play like.

Again, the devs specifically build demos to be as close to the final product as possible. The reveal gameplay videos. They tell you the overall plot, sometimes with too much spoilers than preferred. This is the gen where we pretty much know everything about a game before it's released, thanks to the Internet.

I do miss the good old days when you buy a game and you actually know next to nothing about it....
---
#63CrimsonGear80Posted 12/12/2012 3:58:05 PM
I'm just saying it's okay to judge

How is judging and reviewing not the same thing?

I do miss the good old days when you buy a game and you actually know next to nothing about it...

Who exactly attempted to sell their games based off of telling no one about them?
---
DmC looks like a good game. I also enjoyed the latest Final Fantasy and Resident Evil games. I like video games.
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif NNID: ArsenalGear
#64TexnophilePosted 12/12/2012 4:03:10 PM
agrissa posted...

Oh wait you're CrankyGear, why do I even bother? Where's AKXSION when you need him to distract you from trolling other ppl?

This. Look at his sig, why are you even taking him seriously?
---
"Nothing has ever been more insupportable for a man and a human society than freedom." -The Grand Inquisitor
#65agrissaPosted 12/12/2012 4:04:45 PM
CrimsonGear80 posted...

LOL.....just LOL. Go to dictionary.com or something.
---
#66agrissaPosted 12/12/2012 4:05:42 PM
Texnophile posted...
agrissa posted...

Good point.
---
#67jubjub360Posted 12/12/2012 4:06:06 PM
CrimsonGear80 posted...
I'm just saying it's okay to judge

I do miss the good old days when you buy a game and you actually know next to nothing about it...

Who exactly attempted to sell their games based off of telling no one about them?

It's the same thing.

Judging:
https://www.google.com/search?q=judging&oq=judging&aqs=chrome.0.57j59j60l2j61l2.1169&sugexp=chrome,mod=14&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Reviewing:
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/reviewing

Ignorance is bliss.
---
F*** yo' MLA! It's all about that APA!
http://i.imgur.com/JF8gG.jpg
#68CrimsonGear80Posted 12/12/2012 4:11:39 PM

Only true trolls would get upset at my sig. That's the point of it. So mission accomplished.

Don't worry, I'm sure Jrpgs will get popular again and come out every week, then guys like Greer and Agrissa can go over to each others houses and lick the game cases together all night long. Agrissa I'm sure is a pro at licking things.
---
DmC looks like a good game. I also enjoyed the latest Final Fantasy and Resident Evil games. I like video games.
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif NNID: ArsenalGear
#69agrissaPosted 12/12/2012 4:15:08 PM
LMAO!......no wonder ppl say American education system sucks. You are seriously saying judging and reviewing means the same thing. Is English not your first language?! How are you misinterpreting the definitions that are staring at you in the face? And remember kids, CONTEXT is important!

I dare you to replace the two words with each other in your everyday conversations. "It's wrong to review people." "I read that game judge, I didn't like it." "Are we gonna have a final exam judge in class today?"

Man I don't even have to humiliate you anymore; you do it to yourself!
---
#70agrissaPosted 12/12/2012 4:16:38 PM
CrimsonGear80 posted...

Only true trolls would get upset at my sig. That's the point of it. So mission accomplished.

Don't worry, I'm sure Jrpgs will get popular again and come out every week, then guys like Greer and Agrissa can go over to each others houses and lick the game cases together all night long. Agrissa I'm sure is a pro at licking things.

Stay classy, Crims. Your obsession with Greer as well as licking things genuinely creep me out btw.
---