This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

i think gaming in australia is dying....

#1X_ULTIMA_XPosted 12/12/2012 4:26:49 AM
half of the stores around here that used to stock ps3 and games only stock skylanders and iphones now, its ridiculous. theres only like 3 retail stores in the country now that stock ps3s as well as the vita, 3ds, xbox and wii u. im getting worried about it, i feel by 2017 theres only gonna be ebgames stocking games and consoles :s
---
Regards, Dolan
#2mogar002Posted 12/12/2012 4:27:25 AM
lolaustralia
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#3awesomesauce13Posted 12/12/2012 4:29:41 AM
I live in New Zealand and it's a similar story here, but....buy online. Cheaper.
#4BeknessPosted 12/12/2012 4:32:50 AM
Hey TC, I'm from Australia too. I was sad when Game shut down. =/

Don't shop at EB they're terrible.

I buy my games online mostly. Try
www.ozgameshop.com
---
BB<3BB
Plushies?
#5X_ULTIMA_X(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 4:33:02 AM
awesomesauce13 posted...
I live in New Zealand and it's a similar story here, but....buy online. Cheaper.

yeah, i do. but i think alot of people are doing that now and its hurting retail outlets even more. i was in NZ just last month and man those prices were high, not to mention i could only find one EB in wellington. i think it would help if stores just lowered their prices a little more
---
Regards, Dolan
#6X_ULTIMA_X(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 4:34:27 AM
Bekness posted...
Hey TC, I'm from Australia too. I was sad when Game shut down. =/

Don't shop at EB they're terrible.

I buy my games online mostly. Try
www.ozgameshop.com

yeah i thought game was great, the staff were good and i thought the prices were alright. i do most of my shopping on ozgameshop when theres a substantial difference in price, but if the difference is small i like to go into a store and buy it.
---
Regards, Dolan
#7UniversquallPosted 12/12/2012 4:35:05 AM
I think you live in a different Australia to the one in reality. Which retail stores stopped stocking them?
---
NP: (PS2) Suikoden III (PS3) Mass Effect Trilogy (Vita) PSABR (PC) Gothic (Wii U) Xenoblade (360) Nothing lately
#8BeknessPosted 12/12/2012 4:37:46 AM
Well that's the problem, stores won't lower their prices. I shop around. I was lucky to get some games really cheap a few weeks ago at Harvey Norman. Generally I check out Big W, Kmart, Target, Dick Smith, pretty much anywhere that sells games and try and get it cheapest.

Can't really blame people for turning online when new releases at EB are like $110 and they can get it for half that online or sometimes even more than half.

There's Gametraders as well, and IMO they'd go bust after EB because they sell older games and systems, as well as make money off collector's cards like yu-gi-oh, magic the gathering... etc and anime/manga and all that merchandise.
---
BB<3BB
Plushies?
#9lambchipsPosted 12/12/2012 4:40:47 AM
games are all bought via online (whether its ozgameshop, steam, app store etc)
^ people that buy retail usually only buy consoles/hardware or LE (i rarely see people buying standard games)
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#10BeknessPosted 12/12/2012 4:43:01 AM
yeah that's a good point. I see people buying standard games on launch day and I think, at least go to Big W or something it's like $88 rather than $110. lol

plus EB are doing a bad job for the industry as well. I knew a guy from another board who said one of the staff made him feel bad for buying an NTSC game and not "supporting PAL/the developers" etc and yet they sell pre owned games that fools buy to save like $10.
---
BB<3BB
Plushies?