This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Project Versus J is like Jump! Ultimate Stars but for PS3 and Vita

#31knuxnolePosted 12/12/2012 11:04:17 AM
Pereb27 posted...
byrocracy posted...
Oh awesome, I just assumed it was region locked. Glad that archaic practice is done with.

Unfortunately, Sony are the only ones who have abolished that practice so far (on PS3, PSP and PS Vita). And PS1/PS2 disc games are still region locked on the PS3, though PSN Classics are not.
As for the competition. DS and DS Lite (not DSi or DSi XL) are region free, and some 360 games can be played in two (usually US/EU and not JP) or all regions, but that's it.
Also there is one region locked game on PS3, Persona 4 Arena.

knuxnole posted...
Sadly it won't be in the US, so this game is irrevelant for now :(

As someone said above, it most likely will be easy to play through even with no Japanese knowledge. It should be a worthwhile import (unless you really can't stand any Japanese symbol on any of your games).
That said, we'll have to wait and see.

As long as it's not overly expensive, and can be played on an american PS3. Otherwise, it's a shame.
---
3DS FC: 4554-0309-4782
#32Pereb27Posted 12/12/2012 11:12:07 AM(edited)
knuxnole posted...

As long as it's not overly expensive, and can be played on an american PS3. Otherwise, it's a shame.

Once again - PS3 games are region free.
The ONLY exception to that is Persona 4 Arena, and the reason for that one was Atlus was afraid of reverse importing.

Im the case of this game, since it most likely won't make it overseas (and even if it does it will be in a long time), they have no reason to be afraid of reverse importing, and therefore have no reason to region lock it.

EDIT : As for the price, expect $75-100. Games are cheaper in NA than the rest of the world, and are especially expensive in Japan. Game will most likely be $90-100 at launch in Japan, however you can save a few bucks if you pick the Asian version (on Play-Asia), which would be the same game (except it might have Chinese or even English though unlikely, language options, instead of Japanese) for $75-80.
#33nite1017Posted 12/12/2012 11:22:57 AM
As long as it's not overly expensive,

new release import usually cost between $70-90) plus shipping should be under $100... basically close to the price of paying for 2 new games.

i import limited edition with $15-20 shipping would usually net me about $120-140.

import does get a bit pricey, but the question is "is it worth it?" or would you rather wait for a possible localization.
#34Devilman_Amon(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 12:45:42 PM
lambchips posted...
the combat is in 3d.....
not a good sign
http://images.saiyanisland.com/showphoto.php?photo=11090

That's actually a good sign because Battle Stadium D.O.N. was not that great and in all actuality, neither is PASBR, which I might add, in my opinion, would have fared better if it were designed more like Power Stone instead of trying to be too much like SSB.
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#35Devilman_Amon(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 12:46:51 PM
byrocracy posted...

Oh awesome, I just assumed it was region locked. Glad that archaic practice is done with.

Well it's not with Nintendo unfortunately
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#36CyborgTwentyPosted 12/12/2012 12:48:21 PM
Battle Stadium D.O.N. was terrible so this is not a good sign.
#37Devilman_Amon(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 12:52:35 PM
CyborgTwenty posted...
Battle Stadium D.O.N. was terrible so this is not a good sign.

Different developer.
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#38AlilucPosted 12/13/2012 4:41:31 AM
I'm hoping Allen Walker and Tsuna return for this. Was Kurapika in Ultimate Stars?
---
PSN: aliluc
#39Evil_GogetaPosted 12/13/2012 4:45:54 AM
Aliluc posted...
I'm hoping Allen Walker and Tsuna return for this. Was Kurapika in Ultimate Stars?

Tsuna will be in 100% (even though Reborn didn't do well in its last arc and is finished) and I doubt any D.Greyman characters will make it.

45 Years of Jump and 20 Years of VJump so it`ll have quite a few main characters from every famous manga from all these 45 years (maybe more around 40 years until now).
---
PSN: GuiltyPersona Official Foreign JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken #1 Fan
Playing: (PS3) Yakuza 5 (PC) Guild Wars 2, War Z (3DS) Layton Vs GS and Animal Crossing.
#40AlilucPosted 12/13/2012 4:49:45 AM
But wasn't the D.Gray Man manga doing pretty good? I mean, I know Reborn ended, I was following the manga for years (and obviously was seriously put down by that "ending") but I'm pretty sure it's popular enough to stay.
Anyway, I'm hoping for AT LEAST 40-50 characters (playable) but that's just me hoping.
---
PSN: aliluc