This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

It's EXTREMELY important that you all give FFXIV one more chance

#151ljobenzaPosted 12/12/2012 10:59:21 AM
TalesRevanant posted...
IHeartMetroid posted...
"if the game does not sell well this time, square enix is going to be in serious financial trouble"

You say that like it's a bad thing.

This.

I don't know where you've been, but everyone's been wanting that to happen to SE since FF13. No one cares about them anymore. They can die as far as I'm concerned. XSEED, Atlus, Mistwalker, Monolithsoft, and Namco (Tales) are the only ones that matter anymore. No one even considers SE anymore. They are more or less irrelevant.

By everyone you mean an annoyingly whiny vocal minority like you people?

You don't speak for me for the record.
#152Zechs23Posted 12/12/2012 11:01:01 AM
If it has a subscription fee, you can forget it.
#153D_Rich_KingPosted 12/12/2012 11:01:33 AM
I thought SE have other profitable IP's now, like Hitman, Deus Ex, Tomb Raider etc. would it even matter if FF died
---
DLC is a method of corporate profiteering. Will you buy into it?
shogun1.blogspot.com
#154pokemon_45_79_1Posted 12/12/2012 11:02:20 AM
Guess what let them, its Wadas fault along with Management they are to focused on money and catering to the west.

Nope Not giving it a chance I hate MMO with a passion.

Also they are making LR because they didn't really make profit off of XIII-2 as it sold less, I do expect LR to sell just as less as XIII-2 did I doubt LR can do worse then XIII-2.

If they want to avoid bankruptcy, then 3 things need to be done.

1. Fire Wada and put someone better in charge of the company as CEO and then fire management and replace with new management team that utilize the teams the best way possible and puts the right directors directing games.

2. Bring Type-0 to the west, I know its hard to do but can be done, even though it won't help sales that much but might make some fans hate SE less.

3. Release Versus XIII the biggest lump in there backlog, if SE is making Versus the so called holy grail of games kind of like when FFVII was the holy grail back then.

Releasing FFX HD will not help them in the slightest.

Also I believe re releasing old FF games on different devices is no longer making them a lot of money, maybe a few thousands but not like it was.
---
Ryoma / Sora / Naruto / Luffy / Ginta
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#155TalesRevenantPosted 12/12/2012 11:07:01 AM
ljobenza posted...
TalesRevanant posted...
IHeartMetroid posted...
"if the game does not sell well this time, square enix is going to be in serious financial trouble"

You say that like it's a bad thing.

This.

I don't know where you've been, but everyone's been wanting that to happen to SE since FF13. No one cares about them anymore. They can die as far as I'm concerned. XSEED, Atlus, Mistwalker, Monolithsoft, and Namco (Tales) are the only ones that matter anymore. No one even considers SE anymore. They are more or less irrelevant.

By everyone you mean an annoyingly whiny vocal minority like you people?

You don't speak for me for the record.

If you think it's the minority, then you need to do more research.

But like I said, if you want to support them good for you. But that's just what I believe. People will have opinions and they will go against what you say. Doesn't mean you're wrong.

Anyway as to @Otaku

I want them to die because they've run FF and KH into the ground. The only reason I care for them anymore is DQ but even that they're beginning to **** up.
#156El_ZaggyPosted 12/12/2012 11:08:30 AM
Square enix have just to make good games and they will be alright.

Final fantasy has become crappy, the series gets milked, the gampelay fails

Jrpg are not evolving. Square digged his own grave.
#157IHeartMetroidPosted 12/12/2012 11:09:19 AM
wvnative03 posted...
IHeartMetroid posted...
"so you hate:"

FF10 (good)
FF11 (crap)
FF12 (good)
FF13 (crap)
FFtactics wotl (source material was good but it was plagued by stupid slowdown that was so simple to fix that an unpaid hacker accomplished it a short while later)
FF crisis core (crap)
every kingdom hearts game (crap)
TWEWY (crap)
FF dissidia (crap)
DQ8, DQ monster, every DQ after 2002, front mission 4 and front mission 5? Crap crap crap crap crap...

So two good games, one middling, a whole lotta crap, and that FFXIII obsession has just gotten way out of hand. Too much Feather Butt, not enough quality.

Proof right here folks that opinions CAN be wrong.

Only yours. You like trash games, that's your business. There have been some great games this gen- on consoles, I've had a splendid time with Xenoblade, Eternal Sonata and Lost Odyssey. Most of the best stuff has been on handhelds- Trails in the Sky, the FFIV complete collection, and the vast plethora of RPGs on the original DS like Sands of Destruction. 3DS has been a disappointment for RPGs this gen. I'm hoping to check out The Last Story soon enough, and in the meantime I'm still clocking 120+ hours in FFXII and have a massive backlog of classic RPGs to replay on my PSP (just restarted FFIX).
I prefer to play games that aren't irritating piles of suck. I'll give a game three, four hours at least if people say it has promise (you CAN'T judge an RPG after playing it for 20 minutes), but I won't go all the way through one if it's crap.
#158TheBorderColliePosted 12/12/2012 11:10:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg99iJuQ1Bw

the game looks more like WoW now lol except its final fantasy =p

I have to admit.....That looks really, really good. They've completely overhauled the game as promised and I'm now very intrigued.
---
Happy to see the return of TBC: 137
"Rasmussen wasn't really wrong, the election itself was." - CM_Punk_sXe
#159Spiroth_KweehhPosted 12/12/2012 11:21:09 AM(edited)
Artef posted...
old time ff lover here, yes I can sit back and watch it sink, if it had crappy music (nobou eumatsu would be rolling over in his grave if he was dead) yes i would rather it die

This thread is absolutely ridiculous. So much hating from pretentious "fans".
Hating about music in a FFXIV topic, when Uematsu is the composer. Some "fan".
Well, thank God Square Enix keep ignoring you, like real fans are doing too, or else we would only get "trying-to-please-haters" games like the good, but mess game called FINAL FANTASY XIII-2.

Thank God us real fans:

-are getting dream projects that other fanbases would only get in their dreams (Dissidia, Itadaki, Theatrythm, Dimensions, Bravely Default, COMPLETE COLLECTION, Anniversary, Anniversary II, 4 Heroes of Light),

-are getting absolutely amazing unmatched projects in quality (like FINAL FANTASY Type-0, A Realm Reborn, Dissidia, Crisis Core, FF25th Anniversary Box, FF25th Anniversary Thank You Album),

-are getting great variety,

-are getting top notch projects that bear no victim to sloppy low quality assurance,

-are having the reassurance that our hobby will be supported as it deserves (FFXI getting an expansion 12 years later, FFXIV getting the most impressive remake of all time, something unprecedented and a feat no one else has ever achieved, making even for the initial situation, ports and upgrades of our old games so no Panzer Dragoon Saga situations, etc),

-are having the ability to have 90% of our library in just 1 system's HDD (VITA) and

-are getting absolutely gorgeous glimpses to future (FFVII tech demo, Agnis Philosophy, Versus 2011 jump festa gameplay trailer),

And that's just for FINAL FANTASY, Square Enix is so much more, especially with:

-Dragon Quest franchise (their fans are in an even luckier situation than FINAL FANTASY fans right now).

-Eidos fans (luckiest of all. Awesome franchises that have been dying for a decade, are totally revived in AAA quality, due to Square's efforts, including Legacy of Kain, Thief, Deus Ex, and even Tomb Raider went in the spotlight again).

-Awesome publishing deals that would make their fans happy (Arkham games, Just cause 2, saving Sleeping Dogs, Space Invaders, etc etc).

-Other great series coming from their financial support (Star Ocean series, Valkyrie Profile series, Dragon Quest series, Drankegard/Nier series, etc), so their fans should be happy.

-Legacy games are getting absolutely awesome treatment, becoming accessible rather than the Suikoden II situation.
So their fans should be EXTREMELY happy (Parasite Eve, Parasite Eve II, Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Legend of Mana, Vagrant Story, Threads of Fate, Musashi, Front Mission series, alongside FINAL FANTASY and Dragon Quest series, etc).

-All while not falling back in technology, success, or finances.

Sure, there are huge mistakes like:

-Some of FINAL FANTASY X's and FINAL FANTASY XIII's design choices regarding to FINAL FANTASY staples (non-linear not being part of them).
-FINAL FANTASY XIII-2's situation of trying to cater to internet trolls.
-The Spirits Within situation.
-FINAL FANTASY XIV's initial "criminal" state of release. Although it will be fixed with the greatest achievement a remake has ever achieved.-Kingdom Hearts franchise's spread out situation of these GREAT games (although Kingdom Hearts I.5 HD ReMIX and (seemingly) Kingdom Hearts II.5 HD ReMIX, will fix this.
-The absolute power they gave to the original SaGa creator (that hadn't even made the best SaGa games), letting him destroy the franchise.

But overall, Square Enix is just Golden.
#160u_madPosted 12/12/2012 11:11:08 AM
if the game does not sell well this time, square enix is going to be in serious financial trouble.

so why is it important that i gave them one more chance then
---
"Oh it's not that bad, look, I have my own bucket!"
http://i.imgur.com/LFuql.jpg