This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

It's EXTREMELY important that you all give FFXIV one more chance

#291IHeartMetroidPosted 12/12/2012 7:19:20 PM
"i want a long, drawn out grind fest. in a big open world with cool enemies, weapons and armor."

Sounds a lot like what I've played so far of Xenoblade. I'm several hours in and haven't advanced the plot at all- I keep getting sidequests opening up.
#292levelxplanePosted 12/12/2012 7:25:09 PM
After playing XIV for 2 years, this thread is all the more hilarious.
---
GT: level x plane || Steam: levelxplane
Waiting for: FFXIV: A Realm Reborn, Dark Souls II,
#293_BristowPosted 12/12/2012 7:25:43 PM
Looks pretty boring still.
#294Arn544Posted 12/12/2012 7:25:56 PM
_Bristow posted...
IHeartMetroid posted...
"so you hate:"

FF10 (good)
FF11 (crap)
FF12 (good)
FF13 (crap)
FFtactics wotl (source material was good but it was plagued by stupid slowdown that was so simple to fix that an unpaid hacker accomplished it a short while later)
FF crisis core (crap)
every kingdom hearts game (crap)
TWEWY (crap)
FF dissidia (crap)
DQ8, DQ monster, every DQ after 2002, front mission 4 and front mission 5? Crap crap crap crap crap...

So two good games, one middling, a whole lotta crap, and that FFXIII obsession has just gotten way out of hand. Too much Feather Butt, not enough quality.

go f yourself

hey he's right on those, except for the 12 being good part, and maybe the DQ8

FFT wotl actually ruined key parts of FFT, animation changes, script changes, the original game was actually better.

Crisis Core was even worse than FF13, not only was it bad in itself but it butchered FF7, some of the most ridiculous crap I've ever seen in a game. The very first CS and I wanted to send it back.

Kingdom hearts was always about gameplay, when I was 8 years old I was calling that **** gay. DISNEY characters?! how stupid can you make a game?

Dissidia also crap, FF characters were all supposed to be human, not jumping 30 feet in the air (essentially flying) like they're freakin' dbz characters, gave all characters horrible cartoony voices

We should all be praying for a bankruptcy, heck I think FF would be better even if EA was the one producing it, SE hardly has anybody left from squaresoft, they couldn't make a good rpg if one fus ro dah'd them.
#295BenzychenzPosted 12/12/2012 7:27:24 PM
I'll give it a chance when it's free to play. So, never.
---
http://i47.tinypic.com/2me5xv.jpg
#296QuetzalmaPosted 12/12/2012 7:29:06 PM
exactly987 posted...
The last good FF was FFX. The newest ones have been OK at best. Somewhere along the line, SE lost sight of what made an RPG good; and now they're floundering for it. Bring back the good RPGs, and I'll bring back my wallet.

Yeah, 10 was the last great one, 10-2 had an awesome battle gameplay(maybe my favourite(dress spheres idea included)), but everything else, just terrible, while 12 was just plain boring, and dont get me started with 13 or its sequel..

hmoobpaladin posted...
Square Enix won't be in financial trouble because they still have their trump card: FF VII Remake.

Yes!!
I've always said this, but people always either ignored me or started talking crap about it not being able to be done. As long as SE has FF7HD card in their hands, they have a "Get out of Bankruptcy" card

Xenesis Xenon posted...
I'd give FF14 a chance if it wasn't an MMO.

Bleurgh.

Maxx_the_Slash posted...
I'll give Square Enix one more chance with Final Fantasy XIV once they stop being idiots and start offering Freemium services for their MMOs.

These, I never tried SW:ToR while it was P2P because of that reason, but when it went free I tried it and bought the Premium Account a short while ago, having some sort of free gameplay is awesome business, it doesn't hurt people that are already willing to pay money, but it also gives a small testing window for those people(like me) that don't want to spend money on a game that might get boring, just like every other MMORPG gets
#297ShinXaguraPosted 12/12/2012 7:31:37 PM
Alltra posted...
Of course I only want to play the games I like, that I want. I'm not a blind fanboy that'll buy anything as long as it has Final Fantasy in the title. I want to play games I'm going to enjoy, and if they're not making those games, then {Bleep} em.

This
---
You must defeat my SCREAMING DRAGON BULLET to stand a chance.
#298IKnowGameFuPosted 12/12/2012 7:45:41 PM
Square's invested millions of dollars in games that most people didn't ask for. I kind of hope the game does sell poorly because maybe they'll fire the directors in charge. I don't want them to die though because games like Hitman, Tomb Raider, and Sleeping Dogs are the only things they are doing right even though they are just the publisher of these games. I will only consider FFXIV when Versus comes out.
---
"you dawg i heard you like watching TV so i put a TV in your TV so you can watch TV while you watch TV" --- the_great_tidus on 360 TV
#299Bloodmoon77Posted 12/12/2012 7:47:46 PM
I would kill to have SE's blood on my hands.
---
"A man chooses, a slave obeys."-Andrew Ryan
#300RabillionPosted 12/12/2012 8:03:54 PM
FF10 was a great game. That one ability to prevent random encounters essentially made the final dungeon a breeze to navigate.

FF12 had a nice combat system but a horribly dull storyline. I never beat the game and sold it off along with all my other PS2 stuff long ago.

Kingdom Hearts is crap.