This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

It's EXTREMELY important that you all give FFXIV one more chance

#51IzzythewinnerPosted 12/12/2012 7:17:56 AM
i will be giving final fantasy 14 a chance, because it is a very good game, unlike most of the crap thats coming out.
---
PSN NAME: IzzyTehPwnr
XBL: Izzy The Owner
#52kingofjamaicaPosted 12/12/2012 7:18:58 AM
IHeartMetroid posted...
"if the game does not sell well this time, square enix is going to be in serious financial trouble"

You say that like it's a bad thing.

This.

I don't know where you've been, but everyone's been wanting that to happen to SE since FF13. No one cares about them anymore. They can die as far as I'm concerned. XSEED, Atlus, Mistwalker, Monolithsoft, and Namco (Tales) are the only ones that matter anymore. No one even considers SE anymore. They are more or less irrelevant.

XSEED is not a developer, they're a publisher. Atlus hasn't made anything substantial yet this gen, instead their best game is a remake/port of Persona 4. Mistwalker has made one good game, ever, and it sold like ****. Monolithsoft is stuck working for Nintendo. And finally Namco has always been terrible about getting their games in the US. It took the complaints of fans across the internets to get them to localize Tales of Graces f, even if that's not the game fans asked for(we still want the PS3 version of Tales of Vesperia, Namco...).
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.
#53theshovellerPosted 12/12/2012 7:20:01 AM
I have a very, very strong hunch that some people might be put off by some of the changes they may make to the game. A super-special kind of hunch.

Then again, I also have a very, very strong hunch that lots of people would be willing to give it a try once they look at the reborn FF14. A super-special kind of hunch.

I think I'm going to like it. I also think I might have an easier time carrying around crap for several jobs simultaneously. Again, all just hunches...
#54Zen_ZarabPosted 12/12/2012 7:26:29 AM
You know the "creator" of Final Fantasy, left square and made Mistwalker. Which made the games Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey.
---
http://tinyurl.com/cqbr3ld
http://tinyurl.com/8w2apgs
#55HorrorSindicatePosted 12/12/2012 7:32:55 AM(edited)
kingofjamaica posted...
IHeartMetroid posted...
"if the game does not sell well this time, square enix is going to be in serious financial trouble"

This.

I don't know where you've been, but everyone's been wanting that to happen to SE since FF13. No one cares about them anymore. They can die as far as I'm concerned. XSEED, Atlus, Mistwalker, Monolithsoft, and Namco (Tales) are the only ones that matter anymore. No one even considers SE anymore. They are more or less irrelevant.

Atlus hasn't made anything substantial yet this gen, instead their best game is a remake/port of Persona 4.

Devil Survivor 1 & 2 have some great combat mechanics. That's more than I can say for the last few FFs. Strange Journey has great atmosphere and a wonderful combat and equip forging system.

The only thing is Atlus' non-Persona titles aren't Noob friendly (though they are breakable) so they get weaker reviews overall.
---
I've seen the future, baby: it is murder
#56Hash062Posted 12/12/2012 7:26:59 AM
Nobody should give a **** about this FFXIV disaster. All they've put out this gen is disgraceful and a mockery of what Square once was. Whatever their problem is, they must get their act together or nobody's going to buy their crap on FF name alone. If SE doesn't get the message, they deserve to go bankrupt. Enough is enough.
#57Wario_manPosted 12/12/2012 7:30:30 AM
IHeartMetroid posted...

This.

XSEED is not a developer, they're a publisher. Atlus hasn't made anything substantial yet this gen, instead their best game is a remake/port of Persona 4. Mistwalker has made one good game, ever, and it sold like ****. Monolithsoft is stuck working for Nintendo. And finally Namco has always been terrible about getting their games in the US. It took the complaints of fans across the internets to get them to localize Tales of Graces f, even if that's not the game fans asked for(we still want the PS3 version of Tales of Vesperia, Namco...).

..and yet they're all still much better than anything Square Enix has done and is doing. Maybe Versus would be worth it but I highly doubt it and it shouldn't be up to the luck of one game that is still up in the air to save a company from irrelevancy.
Also, Atlus games this gen have been great as usual.
---
PH1R57 1'lL G37 73H 7R345Ur3, 4nD 7h3N 1'lL G37 JoO.
#58MajinKogahazanPosted 12/12/2012 7:30:40 AM
Sand_Flare posted...
I never gave it a chance the first time either.

>:(

-That
-SE has already fallen
-Final Fantasy has already fallen
-Whether it's considered the best series or not doesn't matter. If it's bad now then it can die
-There are plenty of other JRPGs that I can play, and are better (in terms of fun)
---
Read a Nuzlocke by me and a friend at: http://s7.zetaboards.com/Nuzlocke_Forum/topic/8746106/1/#new
Dubs>Subs
#59IzzythewinnerPosted 12/12/2012 7:32:11 AM
Zen_Zarab posted...
You know the "creator" of Final Fantasy, left square and made Mistwalker. Which made the games Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey.

hey, no bodys perfect, right?
---
PSN NAME: IzzyTehPwnr
XBL: Izzy The Owner
#60TalesRevenantPosted 12/12/2012 7:33:20 AM
kingofjamaica posted...
IHeartMetroid posted...

This.

I'm aware XSEED isn't a developer, but my point was at least they publish actually good RPGs rather than the money hungry ****** SE is. As for ATLUS, I don't own any Atlus games aside Radiant Historia and that's one of the best RPGs I've played in 7 years, I don't care about anything else they do. So those two are obviously 'niche' so they are out of the list.

Mistwalker has made TWO good RPGs, not one.

Lost Odyssey and The Last Story

And even those two alone destroy everything SE has shifted out since FFX, the last good FF game. So I disagree.

Monolithsoft is owned by Nintendo but Xenoblade is phenomenal so they deserve a nod for a company starting new and fresh after leaving Namco, to create something like that.

Now leaves Namco. Yes, they are ****** and I want Vesperia PS3 as well, however at least we got Graces and are now getting Xillia, and Vesperia was amazing so they're still high in my list.

So that leaves 3.

Mistwalker

Monolithsoft

Namco

Not many. It's sad. But out of all them Mistwalker has made the most. I hope they continue. Cause the original FF team along with Sakaguchi lies within Mistwalker. That is why Lost Odyssey is perfect.