This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

It's EXTREMELY important that you all give FFXIV one more chance

#61Large_TonberryPosted 12/12/2012 7:33:48 AM
Asuir posted...
Large_Tonberry posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...
if the game does not sell well this time, square enix is going to be in serious financial trouble. can you bare the burden of watching the creator of the best JRPG series of all time, sink? D= it is imperitive that you all give it just one more chance!

Yes, indeed I can. It's not my job to give them money. It's their job to make me want to, and nothing about XIV is doing that. Besides, I barely have the time to play the games I have already, without subscribing to an MMO.

When a guy named Large ******* Tonberry says this, then you know there's a problem.

Very true! :D

I used to be such a fan of their games back in the '90s and early '00s; no idea where it all went wrong. The only stuff of theirs I've enjoyed in the past decade has been their published stuff.
#62Wario_manPosted 12/12/2012 7:35:05 AM
Zen_Zarab posted...
You know the "creator" of Final Fantasy, left square and made Mistwalker. Which made the games Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey.

hey, no bodys perfect, right?

True, but that isn't a valid enough reason for him to stick with a company when he's got better things to do.
(was alluding to Square being the thing not perfect in this scenario in case it wasn't clear...it is late)
---
If they won't sell it to you, it isn't piracy.
#63DantayyyyyPosted 12/12/2012 7:39:25 AM(edited)
Darth_Elusive posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...
if the game does not sell well this time, square enix is going to be in serious financial trouble. can you bare the burden of watching the creator of the best JRPG series of all time, sink? D= it is imperitive that you all give it just one more chance!

DO YOU WANT BLOOD ON YOUR HANDS? D=

OK, I will make sure I tell my friends not to buy FFIV.

1.) Bad developers deserve to go out of business. However, SE can continue as a publishing company. I have no objection to that.
2.) The key persons at the helm of FFIV or even FFXIII, are they the creators of the series? I thought the original creator left SE years ago. And he is wise to have left.
3.) SE has denied FFVII Remake in the work but I always think they at least have a plan/concept for FFVII Remake. They just hold it back until they are desperate. It could be a good thing for gamers that FFIV fails so that SE would use their trump card (FFVII Remake).

So, make sure FFIV fails.

dude, if FFXIV fails again you can just forget an ff7 remake, cuz they'd have prolly gone bankrupt lol. just the other day i learned that apparently ff14 was supposed to be their primary source of income see how that turned out LOL
#64TheSpectrePosted 12/12/2012 7:39:31 AM
If FFXIV is worth a damn, it will do well just on name recognition alone. The reason it isnt doing well is because its abysmally bad. Even mediocre FF titles overperform just because its an FF title riding the coattails of previous games.
---
http://picard.ytmnd.com/
#65Wario_manPosted 12/12/2012 7:39:33 AM
Darth_Elusive posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...

DO YOU WANT BLOOD ON YOUR HANDS? D=

OK, I will make sure I tell my friends not to buy FFIV.

1.) Bad developers deserve to go out of business. However, SE can continue as a publishing company. I have no objection to that.
2.) The key persons at the helm of FFIV or even FFXIII, are they the creators of the series? I thought the original creator left SE years ago. And he is wise to have left.
3.) SE has denied FFVII Remake in the work but I always think they at least have a plan/concept for FFVII Remake. They just hold it back until they are desperate. It could be a good thing for gamers that FFIV fails so that SE would use their trump card (FFVII Remake).

So, make sure FFIV fails.

dude, if FFXIV fails again you can just forget an ff7 remake, cuz they'd have prolly gone bankrupt lol. just the other day i learned that apparently ff14 was supposed to be their main source of income see how that turned out LOL

You just made my evening :) Fingers crossed! While this end of the world thing isn't true, maybe it will at least be the end of Enix's!
---
If someone is stupid enough to buy it there will always be someone smart enough to sell it.
#66OtakuGameraPosted 12/12/2012 7:40:22 AM
@TalesofRevenant: can i ask, what do you think about the games that i listed?
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64767381
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg
#67HorrorSindicatePosted 12/12/2012 7:40:58 AM
Large_Tonberry posted...
Asuir posted...
Large_Tonberry posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...

Yes, indeed I can. It's not my job to give them money. It's their job to make me want to, and nothing about XIV is doing that. Besides, I barely have the time to play the games I have already, without subscribing to an MMO.

When a guy named Large ******* Tonberry says this, then you know there's a problem.

Very true! :D

I used to be such a fan of their games back in the '90s and early '00s; no idea where it all went wrong. The only stuff of theirs I've enjoyed in the past decade has been their published stuff.

They drove Matsuno crazy enough to the point he resigned and before that basically fired the creator of the franchise for his role in producing FF:tSW which lost a **** ton of money.

The people they left in charge of the franchise were either too new or sucked (the producer/director of FF II who took production of FFXII from Matsuno).
---
I've seen the future, baby: it is murder
#68Hucast9Posted 12/12/2012 7:42:54 AM
JurassicBond posted...
I wish Square Enix would just stop developing games entirely and focus on publishing. They've been great this gen at backing some great games like TWEWY, Batman: Arkham games, Sleeping Dogs, but I haven't enjoyed a single game that was actually developed by them.

Deus Ex Human Revolution and Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light too.
#69majin nemesisPosted 12/12/2012 7:43:09 AM
Square should probably have invested more on FFVSXIII and/or in a offline FFIV then in a MMORPG but let's hope that this game doesn't stop Lightning returns and FFVersusXIII from being finished and released because I want to played them
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#70SightoPosted 12/12/2012 7:43:24 AM
IHeartMetroid posted...
"so you hate:"

FF10 (good)
FF11 (crap)
FF12 (good)
FF13 (crap)
FFtactics wotl (source material was good but it was plagued by stupid slowdown that was so simple to fix that an unpaid hacker accomplished it a short while later)
FF crisis core (crap)
every kingdom hearts game (crap)
TWEWY (crap)
FF dissidia (crap)
DQ8, DQ monster, every DQ after 2002, front mission 4 and front mission 5? Crap crap crap crap crap...

So two good games, one middling, a whole lotta crap, and that FFXIII obsession has just gotten way out of hand. Too much Feather Butt, not enough quality.

Ouch. Not being able to enjoy those games is like having a gluten allergy.
It's a shame you're missing out.
---
http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/15/15988000/ngbbs47fa102e7660f.gif