This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I got a PS3 Super Slim so I'm selling my fat PS3. Full format needed?

#1LegendaryHeroRebornPosted 12/12/2012 9:10:35 AM
I already did quick format and it deleted all of the game data and downloaded files. But my PS Network account is still there but the next owner wouldn't be able to find a way to get the password right? My credit card is attached to that PSN account so should I do a full format? I already did the deactivate PS3 & PSP under Account Management.

It's just that it takes 3 1/2 hours to full format and my fat PS3's fans start whirring loud after 30 minutes (I don't know if it's the same without no game disc inside) so it's risky to have it on for that long. Someone else already added the Arctic Silver paste to it 1 1/2 year ago but it's still loud which is why I bought a new PS3 Super Slim to replace it.
---
Wii U NNID: LegendaryHeroR. 3DS FC: 0731-5087-7070.
Xbox Live & PSN: EliteGamerRyan.
#2huyiPosted 12/12/2012 9:29:07 AM
there is a setting that resets all the settings, it should be in there somewhere.
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/HUYI1
#3ozranPosted 12/12/2012 9:38:36 AM(edited)
after deleting all the data create a new un named user on the system and then delete your user profile......BAM now whoever gets the system wont get your info

also make sure to deactivate the system for online purchases but do this before you delete your user profile
---
That does it! I have had it with these mother****ing trolls on this mother****ing board!!! -mercuryblade09
#4zUkUuPosted 12/12/2012 9:38:33 AM
why would you do that? the fat can play ps2 titles.
#5Rock Dash3XPosted 12/12/2012 9:42:52 AM
zUkUu posted...

But does his Fat actually play PS2 titles?
#6Pereb27Posted 12/12/2012 9:43:33 AM
huyi posted...
there is a setting that resets all the settings, it should be in there somewhere.

"Restore PS3 System".

Use that.
#7LegendaryHeroReborn(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 10:05:20 AM
ozran posted...
after deleting all the data create a new un named user on the system and then delete your user profile......BAM now whoever gets the system wont get your info

also make sure to deactivate the system for online purchases but do this before you delete your user profile

"After deleting all the data", do you mean by quick format or full format?

Good idea on deleting my username so that the new user won't even know how my e-mail address saved in there & creating a new one for him/her.

I already deactivated it before I did system transfer & I did it again after.

It is backwards compatble, but I had it for 5+ years & I only used it for PS2 1-2 times. I've been so busy that my PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, 3DS, etc. backlog is growing too much that I can only play new games.
---
Wii U NNID: LegendaryHeroR. 3DS FC: 0731-5087-7070.
Xbox Live & PSN: EliteGamerRyan.
#8ozranPosted 12/12/2012 10:11:07 AM
LegendaryHeroReborn posted...
ozran posted...

"After deleting all the data", do you mean by quick format or full format?

Good idea on deleting my username so that the new user won't even know how my e-mail address saved in there & creating a new one for him/her.

I already deactivated it before I did system transfer & I did it again after.

It is backwards compatble, but I had it for 5+ years & I only used it for PS2 1-2 times. I've been so busy that my PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, 3DS, etc. backlog is growing too much that I can only play new games.

a full format, or if there is an option, reset to factory defaults

by deleting your user profile and then doing the format the next person to own the system will have no way at all to find out your info
---
That does it! I have had it with these mother****ing trolls on this mother****ing board!!! -mercuryblade09
#9huyiPosted 12/12/2012 10:24:12 AM
Pereb27 posted...
huyi posted...

"Restore PS3 System".

Use that.

i think that is the one, it's hidden quite well.
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/HUYI1
#10kewldude475Posted 12/12/2012 10:39:13 AM
zUkUu posted...

"Hurr, it's a PS3 fat, so it must play PS2 games!"
---
PS3/Vita PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam: kewldude475
Now playing: Persona 3: FES, Assassin's Creed 2, Resident Evil 6