This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I got a PS3 Super Slim so I'm selling my fat PS3. Full format needed?

#11LegendaryHeroReborn(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 11:00:19 AM(edited)
ozran posted...
LegendaryHeroReborn posted...
ozran posted...
after deleting all the data create a new un named user on the system and then delete your user profile......BAM now whoever gets the system wont get your info

also make sure to deactivate the system for online purchases but do this before you delete your user profile

"After deleting all the data", do you mean by quick format or full format?

Good idea on deleting my username so that the new user won't even know how my e-mail address saved in there & creating a new one for him/her.

I already deactivated it before I did system transfer & I did it again after.

It is backwards compatble, but I had it for 5+ years & I only used it for PS2 1-2 times. I've been so busy that my PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, 3DS, etc. backlog is growing too much that I can only play new games.

a full format, or if there is an option, reset to factory defaults

by deleting your user profile and then doing the format the next person to own the system will have no way at all to find out your info

What I'm saying is I don't want to do the full format, so does is the "quick format", "deactivate system", delete my user account then create a new one & "restore system" to factory settings be enough to protect my PSN account's password from being found out? BTW, thank you for your help guys!
---
Wii U NNID: LegendaryHeroR. 3DS FC: 0731-5087-7070.
Xbox Live & PSN: EliteGamerRyan.
#12SoopaMan2KPosted 12/12/2012 11:16:23 AM(edited)
They're telling you because only two(2) PS3's can be active at once. If you sold your fat before doing so, you may have trouble getting your games you've purchased. That's why its good to make New User, Deactivate Main name. Don't even worry about restoring it because you don't want Gamestop(assuming you're selling it there) have you standing in line for an hour to make sure it works.

Just Deactivate your main(s) and leave the New User without signing up for PSN.
---
SEN + XBLGT: SoopaMan2K
#13Pereb27Posted 12/12/2012 11:16:45 AM
LegendaryHeroReborn posted...
What I'm saying is I don't want to do the full format, so does is the "quick format", "deactivate system", delete my user account then create a new one & "restore system" to factory settings be enough to protect my PSN account's password from being found out? BTW, thank you for your help guys!

Just use Restore PS3 System option.
It does a quick format and deletes EVERYTHING including users etc, and the next time you boot it up it'll be like a new console.