This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Demon / Dark Souls fans, please explain why you don't want an easy mode....

#31jubjub360Posted 12/13/2012 2:16:08 AM
Kiyomasa posted...
kill_distroy posted...
Gamers have different tastes. Some crave brutal difficulty and a sense if reward while others want a great experience they can easily enjoy. For me, I got the latter with Dark souls. So why can't others get that kind of experience just because of some weird thing some fans of the series believe they are entitled to?

You're the one acting entitled. Why do you think you get to have an easier game just because?

He never said anything of the sort.
---
"I believe games are incomplete when DLC is released, no matter the date!" Agrissa
http://i.imgur.com/JF8gG.jpg
#32AXKSIONPosted 12/13/2012 2:16:09 AM
Kiyomasa posted...
kill_distroy posted...
Gamers have different tastes. Some crave brutal difficulty and a sense if reward while others want a great experience they can easily enjoy. For me, I got the latter with Dark souls. So why can't others get that kind of experience just because of some weird thing some fans of the series believe they are entitled to?

You're the one acting entitled. Why do you think you get to have an easier game just because?

Because Kill Destroy isn't good at video games and does not know how to play them. He needs games that were designed for grannies and their dogs.

Fun for the whole family!
---
http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/Nintendo.png http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/SMRPG.jpg
#33kupo1705Posted 12/13/2012 2:16:39 AM
jubjub360 posted...
So your against a mode you do not have to play and will not affect you for the sake of hating it.

Unless you can give an actual reason for it. For example: you will feel the need to play it. Then that is understandable.

I'm against a mode that destroys the game.

How are they going to make it easier?
Give you more health and the enemies less? That won't change anything.
#34KiyomasaPosted 12/13/2012 2:17:36 AM
This came up when they added easy mode to Mega Man 9. If you need an easy mode to play Mega Man then you don't like Mega Man. You just want to be on the bandwagon.
---
ALL CREATURE WILL DIE AND ALL THE THINGS WILL BE BROKEN. THAT'S THE LAW OF SAMURAI.
#35jubjub360Posted 12/13/2012 2:18:30 AM
kupo1705 posted...
jubjub360 posted...
So your against a mode you do not have to play and will not affect you for the sake of hating it.

Unless you can give an actual reason for it. For example: you will feel the need to play it. Then that is understandable.

How is it going to destroy the game? Just because a game mode is easier doesn't mean that the whole game is ruined.
---
"I believe games are incomplete when DLC is released, no matter the date!" Agrissa
http://i.imgur.com/JF8gG.jpg
#36kill_distroy(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 2:19:18 AM
Kiyomasa posted...
kill_distroy posted...

I'm not. The reason I've made this topic is because of rumors and reports of an easier mode in the next souls games, and the backlash it had on the fans. I just wanted to hear the fans opinions about it.

Also, I stand corrected on some points, but still find it weird that most of the reasons I see are about things going against what you believe defines the game, your opinions basically.
---
Got it Memorized?
GT: Risev / PSN: RisevQ8
#37kupo1705Posted 12/13/2012 2:19:22 AM
jubjub360 posted...
kupo1705 posted...
jubjub360 posted...

How is it going to destroy the game? Just because a game mode is easier doesn't mean that the whole game is ruined.

Again, how are they going to make it easier without ruining the game?
#38kupo1705Posted 12/13/2012 2:19:58 AM
Kiyomasa posted...
This came up when they added easy mode to Mega Man 9. If you need an easy mode to play Mega Man then you don't like Mega Man. You just want to be on the bandwagon.

Good point.
I don't get why they want to play games that are obviously not for them.
#39kill_distroy(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 2:21:29 AM
kupo1705 posted...
jubjub360 posted...

making you deal more damage and enemies dealing less is basically how difficulty is handled in 95% of video game. Why wouldn't it work in this case?
---
Got it Memorized?
#40kill_distroy(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 2:22:30 AM
kupo1705 posted...
jubjub360 posted...
kupo1705 posted...
jubjub360 posted...

Again, how are they going to make it easier without ruining the game?

just how are they going to ruin the game by introducing an easier mode while the default difficulty remain the same?
---
Got it Memorized?