This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Demon / Dark Souls fans, please explain why you don't want an easy mode....

#41kupo1705Posted 12/13/2012 2:22:54 AM
kill_distroy posted...
kupo1705 posted...
jubjub360 posted...
So your against a mode you do not have to play and will not affect you for the sake of hating it.

Unless you can give an actual reason for it. For example: you will feel the need to play it. Then that is understandable.

I'm against a mode that destroys the game.

How are they going to make it easier?
Give you more health and the enemies less? That won't change anything.

making you deal more damage and enemies dealing less is basically how difficulty is handled in 95% of video game. Why wouldn't it work in this case?

That will only change the amount of hits you can take.
You'll die either way.
#42KiyomasaPosted 12/13/2012 2:22:57 AM
kill_distroy posted...
I'm not. The reason I've made this topic is because of rumors and reports of an easier mode in the next souls games, and the backlash it had on the fans. I just wanted to hear the fans opinions about it.

What rumors? I already asked you this, but you haven't linked to anything.

Also, I stand corrected on some points, but still find it weird that most of the reasons I see are about things going against what you believe defines the game, your opinions basically.

Arguing with... opinions? Yeah, that's how you normally do that.
---
ALL CREATURE WILL DIE AND ALL THE THINGS WILL BE BROKEN. THAT'S THE LAW OF SAMURAI.
#43mmpepsiPosted 12/13/2012 2:24:23 AM
The people who care and are against it think that they're special because they play "hard" games.

They're not though. Mostly pathetic because something like an easy mode being added in hurts them so much.

If there is an easy mode what's the point of bragging online and talking about how hardcore and l33t you are because you play the Souls games!?
#44KiyomasaPosted 12/13/2012 2:25:18 AM
kill_distroy posted...
just how are they going to ruin the game by introducing an easier mode while the default difficulty remain the same?

They don't put in an easy mode for the same reason there isn't a list of cheats you can toggle on/off in the start menu--it hurts the integrity of the game.
---
ALL CREATURE WILL DIE AND ALL THE THINGS WILL BE BROKEN. THAT'S THE LAW OF SAMURAI.
#45VanderZooPosted 12/13/2012 2:25:24 AM
Frankly, the idea of a Dark Souls game with an easy mode, offends me.
#46jubjub360Posted 12/13/2012 2:26:21 AM
kupo1705 posted...
jubjub360 posted...
kupo1705 posted...
jubjub360 posted...
So your against a mode you do not have to play and will not affect you for the sake of hating it.

Unless you can give an actual reason for it. For example: you will feel the need to play it. Then that is understandable.

How is it going to destroy the game? Just because a game mode is easier doesn't mean that the whole game is ruined.

Again, how are they going to make it easier without ruining the game?

How will making it easier ruin the game? Unless you want to agree that they made the game hard for the sake of it being hard, but then that would make the difficulty a gimmick.
---
"I believe games are incomplete when DLC is released, no matter the date!" Agrissa
http://i.imgur.com/JF8gG.jpg
#47kill_distroy(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 2:26:30 AM
Kiyomasa posted...
kill_distroy posted...
I'm not. The reason I've made this topic is because of rumors and reports of an easier mode in the next souls games, and the backlash it had on the fans. I just wanted to hear the fans opinions about it.

What rumors? I already asked you this, but you haven't linked to anything.

Also, I stand corrected on some points, but still find it weird that most of the reasons I see are about things going against what you believe defines the game, your opinions basically.

Arguing with... opinions? Yeah, that's how you normally do that.

It was on the net last month or something, I'll try to dig it out.

Also, what I meant was that people have different opinions on what defines an experience or a game. Problem is, some think that this opinion should also be the same for everyone else, and people can't possibly find a different aspect of a game that they enjoy and play the game for, which is wrong.
---
Got it Memorized?
GT: Risev / PSN: RisevQ8
#48B_COWPosted 12/13/2012 2:26:37 AM
kill_distroy posted...
kupo1705 posted...
jubjub360 posted...

making you deal more damage and enemies dealing less is basically how difficulty is handled in 95% of video game. Why wouldn't it work in this case?

95% of video games don't have you fighting demons, gods, and other powerful deities.
The enemies in Dark Souls/Demon Souls should be destroying the player character, and the player character shouldn't be dealing out much damage to them.
Easy just doesn't fit in with the realm of Dark Souls....The odds are stacked against you, and the player knows this before starting the game.
---
Some people say cucumbers taste better pickled.
#49The_BonesPosted 12/13/2012 2:29:36 AM
Most of the difficulty of the game comes from not knowing about things. Once you know how to tackle things in the game it gets much easier. If they made an easy mode you would probably be able to trudge through the game without actually having to figure things. Its not like dying is that punishing as you get the opportunity to go back and collect your souls and its mostly generous with the amount of checkpoints and shortcuts.
#50kill_distroy(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 2:29:52 AM
B_COW posted...
kill_distroy posted...
kupo1705 posted...
jubjub360 posted...

95% of video games don't have you fighting demons, gods, and other powerful deities.
The enemies in Dark Souls/Demon Souls should be destroying the player character, and the player character shouldn't be dealing out much damage to them.
Easy just doesn't fit in with the realm of Dark Souls....The odds are stacked against you, and the player knows this before starting the game.

And this player would choose to play the game on the default difficulty setting which most of the fans will choose, while others can choose an "easier" difficulty setting. Does this not work?
---
Got it Memorized?
GT: Risev / PSN: RisevQ8