This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Demon / Dark Souls fans, please explain why you don't want an easy mode....

#441theshovellerPosted 12/13/2012 9:06:34 AM
656stooge posted...
kewldude475 posted...

And I suppose this entire thread didn't just happen too.

What the hell? How does this thread have anything to do with how helpful the D Souls community is on the D Souls boards?

He's probably like me and basing what he sees on this board with what would be assumed on the Dark Souls board. It's why I think it's one of the most annoying fanbases out there, but again - that's entirely based off a few very vocal individuals who don't make the community look good. That -Damien- guy, I think some guy with the name DarkestSouls, just the few guys who run around badmouthing anyone who simply says "I'm not a fan of the Souls games" by responding "Waah, waah, I found them too hard! I want my Call of Duty back!"

I'm sure the community's very good on the actual board, once you weed out the people who attack anyone and everyone, but outside the board, I don't think many people have a good image of it.

Just my thoughts on it, so take that for what it's worth.
#442albanianx1Posted 12/13/2012 9:06:37 AM
......in the game.

I'm not talking about about the game being made easy or being forced to play it, but the addition of an easier mode for those more casual players out there. What makes you so against it?

That's a nice idea and fine as long as the normal mode doesn't become easier.
---
Bayern Munich is the strongest club in the world
PSN: eaglespirit
#443kewldude475Posted 12/13/2012 9:06:55 AM
656stooge posted...
kewldude475 posted...

Oh wow, people giving each other advice on a board designed for just that! Such a great community!

Right.......

So you acting like an ass means the Persona 3 community sucks?

Sure, if you want to be like that. But I have yet to see anyone make adamant complain about the addition of the Very Easy difficulty addition in later versions of Persona 3 and lowered difficulty in P4G.
---
PS3/Vita PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam: kewldude475
Now playing: Persona 3: FES, Assassin's Creed 2, Resident Evil 6
#444InterzoneMantraPosted 12/13/2012 9:07:32 AM
I wouldn't mind if they have easy mode for the casuals, but to me the difficulty is what makes the souls series stand out. Walking around every corner with your shield up not knowing what to expect, on high alert because you dont' wanna die is what makes the game enjoyable for me. It's very rewarding, and if you take away that difficulty it kind of water down that experience.
#445656stoogePosted 12/13/2012 9:08:56 AM
kewldude475 posted...

Sure, if you want to be like that. But I have yet to see anyone make adamant complain about the addition of the Very Easy difficulty addition in later versions of Persona 3 and lowered difficulty in P4G.

Right. Because that's not an apples to oranges argument if I've ever seen one.
---
*SPOILERS*----Mario dies!!!
#446kewldude475Posted 12/13/2012 9:09:27 AM
656stooge posted...
kewldude475 posted...

Yeah, after all, the subject at hand totally isn't the difficulty of a game!
---
PS3/Vita PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam: kewldude475
Now playing: Persona 3: FES, Assassin's Creed 2, Resident Evil 6
#447Le_DerpstickPosted 12/13/2012 9:11:41 AM
lolol elitist trolls bein elitist trolls

I think it should have it for people who want it, but I'm never gonna play these s*** games anyway. I like having fun in games, not being a masochist.
---
Mai waifu: http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3729/maiwaifu.png
#448PatrickmahanPosted 12/13/2012 9:12:54 AM
jon davis posted...
Patrickmahan posted...
Life doesn't change to make things easier for you.... why should Dark Souls?

When I come to a challenge in real life, I don't cry and demand it be made easier... I work out a solution to overcome it.

That Dark Knight giving you trouble down the hall? Learn to parry. Learn magic. Learn circle strafe. etc etc etc. Don't toss your controller and sell the game cause its 'too hard'. You won't get anywhere in life with THAT attitude.

What happens when your JOB becomes a challenge? Are you just going to quit and stop showing up for work?

Fail boat, games are nothing like real life.

Wow I can't make an arguement against THAT logic.

/sarcasm
#449blakenickPosted 12/13/2012 9:13:36 AM
kewldude475 posted...
656stooge posted...
kewldude475 posted...

Except Persona is a very story driven game with lots of character development where it's gameplay comes in addition to that. DS is a game where the gameplay takes priority over any of those elements.
---
It's common courtesy for a lady to swallow
If you lived here, you'd be pwned by now
#450656stoogePosted 12/13/2012 9:14:12 AM
kewldude475 posted...

Now your just trying to draw this topic out to 500. I think it will make it without all these ridiculous arguments, don't you?
---
*SPOILERS*----Mario dies!!!