This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Demon / Dark Souls fans, please explain why you don't want an easy mode....

#451ManuKesnaPosted 12/13/2012 8:14:19 AM
lolol elitist trolls bein elitist trolls

I think it should have it for people who want it, but I'm never gonna play these s*** games anyway. I like having fun in games, not being a masochist.

the games are not that hard LOL just because you are not good at them doesnt mean doesnt mean the game is that difficult and if you think that losing in a game is being "masochist" then you have serious issues
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna
#452kewldude475Posted 12/13/2012 8:14:50 AM
blakenick posted...
kewldude475 posted...
656stooge posted...
kewldude475 posted...

Sure, if you want to be like that. But I have yet to see anyone make adamant complain about the addition of the Very Easy difficulty addition in later versions of Persona 3 and lowered difficulty in P4G.

Right. Because that's not an apples to oranges argument if I've ever seen one.

Yeah, after all, the subject at hand totally isn't the difficulty of a game!

Except Persona is a very story driven game with lots of character development where it's gameplay comes in addition to that. DS is a game where the gameplay takes priority over any of those elements.

Honestly, that all depends slightly on how you decide to spend your time in Persona.
---
PS3/Vita PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam: kewldude475
Now playing: Persona 3: FES, Assassin's Creed 2, Resident Evil 6
#453Mr_FeeshPosted 12/13/2012 8:20:30 AM
kewldude475 posted...
blakenick posted...
kewldude475 posted...
656stooge posted...
kewldude475 posted...

Sure, if you want to be like that. But I have yet to see anyone make adamant complain about the addition of the Very Easy difficulty addition in later versions of Persona 3 and lowered difficulty in P4G.

Right. Because that's not an apples to oranges argument if I've ever seen one.

Yeah, after all, the subject at hand totally isn't the difficulty of a game!

Except Persona is a very story driven game with lots of character development where it's gameplay comes in addition to that. DS is a game where the gameplay takes priority over any of those elements.

Honestly, that all depends slightly on how you decide to spend your time in Persona.

Did anybody actually like the combat in Persona? I would still be grinding in those stupid games if I hadn't managed to dig up my old action replay
---
NAKNAKNAKNAKNAKNAKNAK
#454matu90rkPosted 12/13/2012 8:22:29 AM
Wasn't its high difficulty one of the selling points of DkS? I thought the "man-up or GTFO" thing was pretty cool, like old school games, although it isn't nearly as difficult as old 'Nintendo-hard' games like Ghosts n' Goblins.
#455Magoo111Posted 12/13/2012 8:24:31 AM
ITT: Adding an Easy option = changing the game across the board for everyone

The addition of Easy is to AVOID that very thing, so it's ridiculous how you all are complaining about it.

An easy option would split the online player base and give people unwilling to learn the game a way out of actually learning how to play. It -does- change the game for the rest of us, as it not only changes the amount of players we can co-op or fight with, but also robs potential good players of the chance to learn, weakening the community overall. It is easy to switch to a lower mode when frustrated and an easy mode will drive plenty of players that could become proficient Souls players with some practice.

Besides, the first run through the game is easy mode. NG is easier than any of the NG+ runs.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#456ZignoffPosted 12/13/2012 8:31:23 AM(edited)
Dark Souls is hard?

It's a Fun challenging game, but hard?

When people say hard I keep having feelings of crappy games like Ninja Gaiden 2, which keeps using cheap tedious crap mechanics, with no real challenge as you can't really experiment or learn the game cause the game isn't about learning it, it's about just cheaply making your way through it with the easiest move spammed over and over.

There is no learning, or challenge to those type of "Hard" games, as it's not about skill, but how much cheaper you can be then the crap over aggressive and spamming AI. I can understand a game like this needing a easy mode, (though they dumbed it down way to much on NG3 to the point it wasn't even a challenge, they were less efficent then a grunt in DW :P)

CHALLENGING games which require talent and skill, and ones that have a deep learning curve are fun, those games aren't about as much about getting cheap spammed by crappy mechanics, as they are about if you die it's usually your own mistake.

Monster Hunter and Soul Series is "THIS" type of game, I never saw the difficulty as hard, as more of challenging, and once you learn everything, and get the levels you can damn near bum rush the game, so honestly I have to agree, to the fact while yes an easy would bring in a bigger crowd, I think for them to do it correctly they would have to spend more time on it by dumbing down the enemies AI and array of function.

Which takes time and money, it's like wasting money on another team for Dead Space 2's Left for Dead versus mode, that time and money could have been better spent on making DS2 better.

The only real thing I want, is the ability to choose between a pvp and pve Server when I load up my guy, or a choice to allow pvp, while still allowing pve team mates to join online. Nothing ruins the fun to more then some little laggy, or cheap douche getting in my way when I'm collecting blues to beat a difficult boss.
---
Here comes a New Web Comic for gamers, BY a gamer, Critique is welcomed as long as you are positive about it.
http://hatetheplayer.thewebcomic.com/
#457FoxyKyojiPosted 12/13/2012 8:28:27 AM
A part of the fun for Demon/Dark Souls for me is actually how much it infuriates me. The game gets the tension running high enough to make me angry, and at the same time it keeps me enticed with trying to power through the difficult parts.

Of course, I won't lie that there aren't quite a few parts where I felt like a death wasn't due to difficulty. There are an obnoxious number of pitfalls that you can accidentally fall in.
#458retroGRAD3Posted 12/13/2012 8:29:53 AM
Because dark souls fans are elitist pricks. nuff said.

also, watch the Jim Sterling video on this, its very insightful.
#459DamiacPosted 12/13/2012 8:31:31 AM
mmpepsi posted...
The people who care and are against it think that they're special because they play "hard" games.

They're not though. Mostly pathetic because something like an easy mode being added in hurts them so much.

If there is an easy mode what's the point of bragging online and talking about how hardcore and l33t you are because you play the Souls games!?

This. It'll take away from their E-peen score when someone who isn't as 1337 as they are can say they beat the game.

The best way to handle it would be using the new game+ system they used in dark souls. Except easy mode is new game-
So if you don't want easy, you start a normal new game. Enemies have normal HPs, do normal amounts of damage, and give normal amounts of XP.

If you want to play easy, you do new game-. Enemies have less HP, do less damage, and give less XP. Once you beat it on easy, you can take your character to normal difficulty.

I imagine you'd just disable invasions altogether for new game-. All this means is you won't be able to invade some newbie's world and kill him, which is a good thing, from two points of view.
I only want to invade people who know what they're doing enough to fight back.
People who are new to the game don't have to worry about invasions.
If they beat the game, they can take their character to a normal new game, and then it works just like normal.

So an easy mode can easily be put in without hurting anything. No need to split servers. No need for the butthurt.
---
The internet. Where men are men, women are men, and children are the FBI!
#460AisienPosted 12/13/2012 8:34:11 AM
Please don't dumb down all casuals to one big incompetent category. I know many of them who can actually toughen up and play games as they are. Just because many games offer plenty of handholding, don't expect all casuals to want them. World is not that black and white.