This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Demon / Dark Souls fans, please explain why you don't want an easy mode....

#491devastatorX2Posted 12/13/2012 10:20:23 AM
Dark and Demon's souls is not even hard the way it is right now.

Only uneducated scrubs or people that have not played it yet think Dark Souls is hard.
---
Friends don't let friends be Leaf fans.
#492CaliberChampPosted 12/13/2012 10:21:15 AM
You guys will never get your point across. These dark soul fan boys are literally the worst when it comes to change or lowering difficulty. They want the game to be inaccessible so they can easily run over nooby players. They are braggards and elitist which is evident in the vast majority of their topics. Still,I hope dark souls 2 will go through changes because the gameplay was boring and repetitive in the previous soul games. I guess that's why there are so many used dark souls game at GameStop. The game gets boring fast.
---
Recommended games: Guild Wars 2, The Witcher 2, Skyrim, Batman arkham city, Brutal Legend
Unrecommended games: Dark Souls, Demon Souls, Diablo 3, X-Com.
#493muggyPosted 12/13/2012 10:21:35 AM
kupo1705 posted...
If you need an easy mode, you don't deserve to play it.
#494theshovellerPosted 12/13/2012 10:22:01 AM
devastatorX2 posted...

Only uneducated scrubs or people that have not played it yet think Dark Souls is hard.

And this type of person is what I was talking about in an earlier post regarding why so many probably view the Souls community as "bad" as it is. This is what they see when anything related to the Souls games comes up - insults and belittling.
#495Magoo111Posted 12/13/2012 10:23:16 AM
GeminiX7 posted...
"No Gamer left Behind"

The difficulty of the game almost solely from not taking the time to watch your surroundings or pay attention and instead just moving recklessly. Yes, some enemies do alot of damage in single blows, but from the get-go, you can get shields that block 100% of the damage, get weapons that do ridiculous amount of backstab damage, and summon other players to help you get through the more difficult parts.

The only people who have the idea of the "Souls elitist" in thier heads are those who never got far in the game. It was a frustrating game, hard at times, but never impossible. Anyone who played the game for enough time never cursed the game when they died. You never went "oh, that enemy is so cheap", it was always "damn, I didn't see that coming" or "Damn, I should have done this or that."

The game is rewarding and refreshing because it only becomes easier when you take the time to learn the game yourself. You could read a guide telling you how to go through the entire game, but unless you learn the timing of enemy attacks or how to dodge traps and such, it meant nothing. Everything in this game had that sort of vibe. The plot and background story was extremely rich, but only if you went out of your way to learn it and piece it together. Everything about the game world had a sort of mystery and appeal. One small man/woman against the unknown.

An easy mode takes that away. It allows people to rush, to not learn from thier mistakes. Why learn enemy attacks when I could just find the fastest weapon available and hack my way through? If the fear of dying is lost, the core of the game(fear of the unknown) is lost as well, and at that point, the only reason you are playing the game is to say that you beat a Souls game(because, again, that "Souls elitist" mentality only exists in your minds)

Others have given valid reasons for not wanting an easy mode, but its as simple as not every game needs to be standardized for everyone. We don't make every test easy so everyone gets an A. We don't make every food bland so people who can't eat spicy dishes can enjoy it. A GED isn't enough to get into an Ivy League school.

If you want to enjoy a Souls game, play it the way it was meant to be played. Die, die again, die some more, and LEARN.

I wish this had been the 500th post of the topic, so we could have ended on it.

Did anyone read my post a while back about what I think regarding implementation of an easier difficulty in the game, or was it passed over in lieu of a pissing contest?

I missed it. Given that you think every other comment has been 'a pissing contest,' though, I doubt it was worth reading.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#496OrangeSchweesePosted 12/13/2012 10:24:23 AM
theshoveller posted...
devastatorX2 posted...

And this type of person is what I was talking about in an earlier post regarding why so many probably view the Souls community as "bad" as it is. This is what they see when anything related to the Souls games comes up - insults and belittling.

Seriously, the game is objectively hard, there's no denying that, unless you like acting all haughty and accomplished.
#497deadmarvPosted 12/13/2012 10:25:37 AM
Kiyomasa posted...
games like dark souls need to be accepted as a whole. it's not a simple thing to make a game that finely balanced and then dumb it down for lazier players. i don't see why you should be pandered to in the first place. just get better at the game.

It's not laziness, it's lack of time.
---
All PS3 owners should boycott Bethesda.
#498theshovellerPosted 12/13/2012 10:27:01 AM
Magoo111 posted...
Did anyone read my post a while back about what I think regarding implementation of an easier difficulty in the game, or was it passed over in lieu of a pissing contest?

I missed it. Given that you think every other comment has been 'a pissing contest,' though, I doubt it was worth reading.

No, it was in the middle of, literally, someone arguing about Persona 3's difficulty or something, and how it's unrelated.
#499danny_S_06Posted 12/13/2012 10:27:36 AM
500!
---
PSN: CaptainSellers (UK)
#500ManuKesnaPosted 12/13/2012 10:27:51 AM
loldarksouls
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna