This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Demon / Dark Souls fans, please explain why you don't want an easy mode....

#51KiyomasaPosted 12/13/2012 2:30:17 AM
kill_distroy posted...
Also, what I meant was that people have different opinions on what defines an experience or a game. Problem is, some think that this opinion should also be the same for everyone else, and people can't possibly find a different aspect of a game that they enjoy and play the game for, which is wrong.

It's not that it should be the same for everyone else, it's that "everyone else" isn't entitled to all the things they like about something, and none of the things they don't.
---
ALL CREATURE WILL DIE AND ALL THE THINGS WILL BE BROKEN. THAT'S THE LAW OF SAMURAI.
#52TexnophilePosted 12/13/2012 2:30:42 AM
I get the feeling that if they add an easy mode then people who think that "normal" is too easy will ask for a hard mode and split the fan base up even more. Besides, why should FROM waste their time making a useless mode without online? They could focus their time doing more useful things.
---
"Nothing has ever been more insupportable for a man and a human society than freedom." -The Grand Inquisitor
#53ThePuddingManPosted 12/13/2012 2:30:48 AM
I'd be much more interested in a non-boring mode. No clue what people see in those games. So very boring.
#54GwynsSonSolairePosted 12/13/2012 2:30:59 AM
kill_distroy posted...
kupo1705 posted...
jubjub360 posted...
kupo1705 posted...
jubjub360 posted...
So your against a mode you do not have to play and will not affect you for the sake of hating it.

Unless you can give an actual reason for it. For example: you will feel the need to play it. Then that is understandable.

I'm against a mode that destroys the game.

How are they going to make it easier?
Give you more health and the enemies less? That won't change anything.

How is it going to destroy the game? Just because a game mode is easier doesn't mean that the whole game is ruined.

Again, how are they going to make it easier without ruining the game?

just how are they going to ruin the game by introducing an easier mode while the default difficulty remain the same?

A question TC:

How far have you gotten in Demons Souls and Dark Souls?

You do know making the story "accessible"/spoonfed and making it easier would ruin the whole atmosphere right....?

Im interested as to how far youve gotten. The games arent even that hard at all, they just take actual thought to beat.

CoOp is already easy mode in Dark Souls
White World Tendency in Demons souls is easy mode.

So again i ask TC,

How far did you get in each game?
#55mmpepsiPosted 12/13/2012 2:31:52 AM
Texnophile posted...
I get the feeling that if they add an easy mode then people who think that "normal" is too easy will ask for a hard mode and split the fan base up even more. Besides, why should FROM waste their time making a useless mode without online? They could focus their time doing more useful things.

Because it's better for business?

There are people who probably won't buy the game because other people highly overexaggerate on how difficult the game is.

So if there's an easy mode more people would buy it.Simple answer.
#56Da DoodPosted 12/13/2012 2:32:34 AM
Mega Man 10 had an easy mode for the first time in the series, hard mode was still pretty tough... Bayonetta had a "mash this button" automatic mode and the hardest difficulty was still pretty tough...

No reason the Souls games wouldn't do that right. Online could be complicated, though.
---
And this time!
#57kill_distroy(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 2:32:41 AM
The link in which the director of Dark souls talks about the possibility of a more accessible mode: http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09/04/dark-souls-director-thinking-about-adding-easy-mode
---
Got it Memorized?
GT: Risev / PSN: RisevQ8
#58TexnophilePosted 12/13/2012 2:33:40 AM
mmpepsi posted...
Texnophile posted...

There are people who probably won't buy the game because other people highly overexaggerate on how difficult the game is.

Again that would split up the fanbase. In terms of the game itself that is devastating. 3 seperate modes each with different online? How stupid is that.
---
"Nothing has ever been more insupportable for a man and a human society than freedom." -The Grand Inquisitor
#59B_COWPosted 12/13/2012 2:34:06 AM
kill_distroy posted...
B_COW posted...
kill_distroy posted...
kupo1705 posted...
jubjub360 posted...
So your against a mode you do not have to play and will not affect you for the sake of hating it.

Unless you can give an actual reason for it. For example: you will feel the need to play it. Then that is understandable.

I'm against a mode that destroys the game.

How are they going to make it easier?
Give you more health and the enemies less? That won't change anything.

making you deal more damage and enemies dealing less is basically how difficulty is handled in 95% of video game. Why wouldn't it work in this case?

95% of video games don't have you fighting demons, gods, and other powerful deities.
The enemies in Dark Souls/Demon Souls should be destroying the player character, and the player character shouldn't be dealing out much damage to them.
Easy just doesn't fit in with the realm of Dark Souls....The odds are stacked against you, and the player knows this before starting the game.

And this player would choose to play the game on the default difficulty setting which most of the fans will choose, while others can choose an "easier" difficulty setting. Does this not work?

Im not saying it can't be implemented. I'm arguing that it would take the joy and atmosphere out of the game. The player should be dying, it's the trend of the entire series. Instead, you'd rather have the purity of this game be ruined so you can lolz your way through it in 2 days times.
---
Some people say cucumbers taste better pickled.
#60mmpepsiPosted 12/13/2012 2:34:49 AM
Texnophile posted...
mmpepsi posted...
Texnophile posted...

Again that would split up the fanbase. In terms of the game itself that is devastating. 3 seperate modes each with different online? How stupid is that.

People whining instead of just playing on the mode that they think they'd have the most fun with? How stupid is that?