This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Demon / Dark Souls fans, please explain why you don't want an easy mode....

#61jubjub360Posted 12/13/2012 2:35:45 AM
I'm just curious, why are you guys acting like TC wants this himself? As far as I've read, he said nothing of the sort.
---
"I believe games are incomplete when DLC is released, no matter the date!" Agrissa
http://i.imgur.com/JF8gG.jpg
#62kupo1705Posted 12/13/2012 2:36:20 AM
jubjub360 posted...
I'm just curious, why are you guys acting like TC wants this himself? As far as I've read, he said nothing of the sort.

Does it make a difference?
#63kill_distroy(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 2:37:21 AM
@ "GwynsSonSolaire"

Didn't play demon's souls much since i didn't own a ps3 back then, i do now though.

Completed dark souls twice though
---
Got it Memorized?
GT: Risev / PSN: RisevQ8
#64TexnophilePosted 12/13/2012 2:37:35 AM
mmpepsi posted...
Texnophile posted...
mmpepsi posted...
Texnophile posted...
I get the feeling that if they add an easy mode then people who think that "normal" is too easy will ask for a hard mode and split the fan base up even more. Besides, why should FROM waste their time making a useless mode without online? They could focus their time doing more useful things.

Because it's better for business?

There are people who probably won't buy the game because other people highly overexaggerate on how difficult the game is.

So if there's an easy mode more people would buy it.Simple answer.

Again that would split up the fanbase. In terms of the game itself that is devastating. 3 seperate modes each with different online? How stupid is that.

People whining instead of just playing on the mode that they think they'd have the most fun with? How stupid is that?

I'd rather not play a game that is as dead/much less players then it should have. It ruins the online (which is one the best things about the series). Why should long time Souls fans make this concession to casuals? How about if you don't like the standard difficulty set then don't buy it?
---
"Nothing has ever been more insupportable for a man and a human society than freedom." -The Grand Inquisitor
#65jubjub360Posted 12/13/2012 2:38:27 AM
kupo1705 posted...
jubjub360 posted...

Yeah it actually does. Just because someone asks a question and presents an idea doesn't mean he's in favor of it. Hell he probably hates the idea of an easy mode and yet you guys keep saying that he can't handle the game.
---
"I believe games are incomplete when DLC is released, no matter the date!" Agrissa
http://i.imgur.com/JF8gG.jpg
#66kupo1705Posted 12/13/2012 2:38:28 AM
Easy mode exists.
It's called summoning phantoms.
#67kill_distroy(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 2:39:07 AM
Texnophile posted...
mmpepsi posted...
Texnophile posted...
mmpepsi posted...
Texnophile posted...
I get the feeling that if they add an easy mode then people who think that "normal" is too easy will ask for a hard mode and split the fan base up even more. Besides, why should FROM waste their time making a useless mode without online? They could focus their time doing more useful things.

Because it's better for business?

There are people who probably won't buy the game because other people highly overexaggerate on how difficult the game is.

So if there's an easy mode more people would buy it.Simple answer.

Again that would split up the fanbase. In terms of the game itself that is devastating. 3 seperate modes each with different online? How stupid is that.

People whining instead of just playing on the mode that they think they'd have the most fun with? How stupid is that?

I'd rather not play a game that is as dead/much less players then it should have. It ruins the online (which is one the best things about the series). Why should long time Souls fans make this concession to casuals? How about if you don't like the standard difficulty set then don't buy it?

Long time Soul fans would be playing the default difficulty setting while the casuals would play on the more casual setting.
---
Got it Memorized?
#68kupo1705Posted 12/13/2012 2:39:35 AM
jubjub360 posted...
kupo1705 posted...
jubjub360 posted...

Yeah it actually does. Just because someone asks a question and presents an idea doesn't mean he's in favor of it. Hell he probably hates the idea of an easy mode and yet you guys keep saying that he can't handle the game.

Nobody is saying that.
'You' refers to people who can't handle it.
#69mmpepsiPosted 12/13/2012 2:39:37 AM
Texnophile posted...

If anything there would be more players with an easy mode added. New customers. New people trying the game. How is it going to cause there to be less players?
#70kill_distroy(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 2:40:12 AM
kupo1705 posted...
Easy mode exists.
It's called summoning phantoms.

No, especially with the problems that plagued the online of Dark souls for the first 2 months or so. Atleast on the 360 version.
---
Got it Memorized?