This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Demon / Dark Souls fans, please explain why you don't want an easy mode....

#71TexnophilePosted 12/13/2012 2:40:42 AM
kill_distroy posted...

Long time Soul fans would be playing the default difficulty setting while the casuals would play on the more casual setting.

Which again lowers the number of players in the online default. Then what is From supposed to do when people whine that default is too easy. Add a hard mode? That would split the base even more. The last thing From needs is idiots ruining the series.
---
"Nothing has ever been more insupportable for a man and a human society than freedom." -The Grand Inquisitor
#72B_COWPosted 12/13/2012 2:40:58 AM
Kiyomasa posted...
kill_distroy posted...
just how are they going to ruin the game by introducing an easier mode while the default difficulty remain the same?

They don't put in an easy mode for the same reason there isn't a list of cheats you can toggle on/off in the start menu--it hurts the integrity of the game.

This x 1,000,000.
---
Some people say cucumbers taste better pickled.
#73kupo1705Posted 12/13/2012 2:41:21 AM
kill_distroy posted...
kupo1705 posted...
Easy mode exists.
It's called summoning phantoms.

No, especially with the problems that plagued the online of Dark souls for the first 2 months or so. Atleast on the 360 version.

I've had no issues with the PS3 version.
And why not?
#74kill_distroy(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 2:41:52 AM
Just to clarify, I do support adding an easy mode, though I personally would choose to play on the default settings because I like the same things in the game that you guys do. Yet, I see no harm in adding an easier setting.
---
Got it Memorized?
GT: Risev / PSN: RisevQ8
#75jubjub360Posted 12/13/2012 2:42:20 AM
kupo1705 posted...
jubjub360 posted...
kupo1705 posted...
jubjub360 posted...
I'm just curious, why are you guys acting like TC wants this himself? As far as I've read, he said nothing of the sort.

Does it make a difference?

Yeah it actually does. Just because someone asks a question and presents an idea doesn't mean he's in favor of it. Hell he probably hates the idea of an easy mode and yet you guys keep saying that he can't handle the game.

Nobody is saying that.
'You' refers to people who can't handle it.

You mean BCOW didn't just assume that the TC can't handle the game and he only wants an easy mode to lolz it through in 2 days? Ok.
---
"I believe games are incomplete when DLC is released, no matter the date!" Agrissa
http://i.imgur.com/JF8gG.jpg
#76mmpepsiPosted 12/13/2012 2:43:22 AM
B_COW posted...
Kiyomasa posted...
kill_distroy posted...
just how are they going to ruin the game by introducing an easier mode while the default difficulty remain the same?

They don't put in an easy mode for the same reason there isn't a list of cheats you can toggle on/off in the start menu--it hurts the integrity of the game.

This x 1,000,000.

The integrity? Aka you guys wont feel as super duper special for playing a super "difficult" game since it will be more accessible to others.

Boo hoo.
#77kill_distroy(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 2:43:23 AM
kupo1705 posted...
kill_distroy posted...
kupo1705 posted...
Easy mode exists.
It's called summoning phantoms.

No, especially with the problems that plagued the online of Dark souls for the first 2 months or so. Atleast on the 360 version.

I've had no issues with the PS3 version.
And why not?

Scratch that, I think that it was only the 360 version which suffered from online problems.
---
Got it Memorized?
GT: Risev / PSN: RisevQ8
#78TexnophilePosted 12/13/2012 2:47:06 AM
mmpepsi posted...
Texnophile posted...

I'd rather not play a game that is as dead/much less players then it should have. It ruins the online (which is one the best things about the series). Why should long time Souls fans make this concession to casuals? How about if you don't like the standard difficulty set then don't buy it?

If anything there would be more players with an easy mode added. New customers. New people trying the game. How is it going to cause there to be less players?

And if they stick to easy mode? Less players in Default setting. If From appeases whiners because they think the game is too hard then what about people that think the default is too easy? Will you be willing to give them hard mode and split the fanbase into 3? It sets a bad precedent and is uneeded. The game shouldn't have to change a distinguishing aspect at the expense of old fans.

Besides, if the game is too hard then just someone a phantom.
---
"Nothing has ever been more insupportable for a man and a human society than freedom." -The Grand Inquisitor
#79B_COWPosted 12/13/2012 2:47:21 AM
jubjub360 posted...
kupo1705 posted...
jubjub360 posted...
kupo1705 posted...
jubjub360 posted...
I'm just curious, why are you guys acting like TC wants this himself? As far as I've read, he said nothing of the sort.

Does it make a difference?

Yeah it actually does. Just because someone asks a question and presents an idea doesn't mean he's in favor of it. Hell he probably hates the idea of an easy mode and yet you guys keep saying that he can't handle the game.

Nobody is saying that.
'You' refers to people who can't handle it.

You mean BCOW didn't just assume that the TC can't handle the game and he only wants an easy mode to lolz it through in 2 days? Ok.

Lmao, way to fail at trying to call me out.
For your convenience, ill just quote the last sentence of my first post in this thread.
"When I say you I'm not actually directing this towards you, TC, but just towards the casual market in general."
---
Some people say cucumbers taste better pickled.
#80kupo1705Posted 12/13/2012 2:47:56 AM
mmpepsi posted...
B_COW posted...
Kiyomasa posted...
kill_distroy posted...

This x 1,000,000.

The integrity? Aka you guys wont feel as super duper special for playing a super "difficult" game since it will be more accessible to others.

Boo hoo.

Cool assumptions.

It's like having a point-and-click adventure with a in-game walkthrough.
If you get stuck, you will use it after a while. Because why not? It's there and it's easy to access.
And every time you get stuck from then on, you'll use it immediately.
It'll also completely ruin the game.