This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why did you buy a Playstation 3?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Why did you buy a Playstation 3?

User Info: ianthegamer

ianthegamer
4 years ago#21
i got my income tax money and it was finally cheap. All the games I wanted were cheap as well. Best time to buy a system. I had the 360. So once I bought my PS3 (about a year go) all the exclusives worth playing to me were dirt cheap
"Nobody cares about SKN or King of Fighters anymore. Go play Art of Fighting or SvC Chaos 29.99 ONLI and get lose."-GWEndlessDuel

User Info: FallenAngel722

FallenAngel722
4 years ago#22
Because PS2 was my favorite system last generation, but I normally buy most systems. I was just more comfortable with PS controllers and format. 360 is okay, but PS3 is my main console.
Gamertag: FallenAngel722
PSN: FallenAngel72282

User Info: Jackal

Jackal
4 years ago#23
Monster Hunter 3 was announced for it. We know how that turned out.
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak

User Info: VIIVincent

VIIVincent
4 years ago#24
because it was the successor. i have no interest in Xbox whatsoever and the Wii? their games are laughable. i only bought the Wii because you can play classic DK and Mario on it through DLC.
The end is nigh! *continues playing game*
psn: DragunSkullz

User Info: Raycon

Raycon
4 years ago#25
Other: Full Backwards Compatibility.
"Clue in, girl! Get in that trap room and grab that battery while I, a bad-ass convict, play this beautiful piano melody."-MorphineChild on REŘ

User Info: Stygma69

Stygma69
4 years ago#26
been a fan of $ony products since the 1st walkman, and a trip to asia in 1988 solidified that.

PS1 was the 1st console i had since the Atari 5200 and it was a GREAT choice. i was a big fan of PS1, 2 & 3 until they removed the "other OS" feature, and the aftermath to the PSN hack BS ruined my respect for $ony. but hey, M$ is worse and whilei respect Nintendo... thier stuff is pretty boring IMHO.

so i got my PS3 because it was the successor, and would have all the games i love. the blu-ray, backwards compatabilty, wifi, card slots, other OS, etc, etc were great bonuses and i think they made a fine 'thankyou' to the loyal customers. too bad some of that went away.

did i mention i have a release day 60gb and it sill work great? i should note i avoided PSN and any updates for about 3 years, after the hack. sounded like those early upadtes could kill a 60gig. but it looks like the current updates are OK.

also want to mention my love of the PS controllers. the best in the west, for sure. all other suck IMO.
PS3 vs. 360 vs. Wii ??
**** 'em all!

User Info: D_Rich_King

D_Rich_King
4 years ago#27
Disgaea 4 mainly.
DLC is a method of corporate profiteering. Will you buy into it?

User Info: DragoonGriffith

DragoonGriffith
4 years ago#28
JRPGs and good action-adventure games.

...well that turned out great.
This is the weight of the blade that will protect the future.
Zan-Kuu-Ten-Shouken!

User Info: PHEEliNUX

PHEEliNUX
4 years ago#29
For JRPGs mostly, Especially Hyperdimension Neptunia

User Info: renzsweet

renzsweet
4 years ago#30
Did not even want one, but Sony hooked me up. Benefit of working in the industry, I guess.
I praise the name of Jesus.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Why did you buy a Playstation 3?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived