This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why did you buy a Playstation 3?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Why did you buy a Playstation 3?

User Info: theshoveller

theshoveller
3 years ago#31
Other:

It's a game system. They're kind of "my thing."

User Info: SCStunner316

SCStunner316
3 years ago#32
Exclusives, Blu-Rays, and PS1 Classics (although that might be considered exclusives, as well).
Last.FM: http://www.last.fm/user/BBFootBallr54
Twitter: @IAmBPBurke

User Info: Kamanick

Kamanick
3 years ago#33
mcsmellington posted...
I got mine last Christmas for the exclusives. Needless to say, I'm a bit disappointed.

Well taking a quick look at your games collection, you haven't played:

Uncharted 1
Uncharted 2
Uncharted 3
Killzone 2
Killzone 3
Resistance 1
Resistance 2
Resistance 3
God of War 1
God of War 2
God of War 3
Infamous
Infamous 2
Heavy Rain
Metal Gear Solid 4
Gran Turismo 5
PSN: liam6678
"If you're going to kick authority in the teeth, you might as well use both feet"

User Info: LifelessBoy

LifelessBoy
3 years ago#34
Uncharted, Uncharted 2, Uncharted 3, Metal Gear Solid 4 and Little Big Planet 2. All multiplats go to my PC and 360.

I haven't turned it on in months. Been waiting for The Last Of Us. That's going to be awesome.
http://bf3stats.com/stats_360/YFAL%20Putipuelko
Don't flame me bro. GT: YFAL Putipuelko

User Info: Ampharos64

Ampharos64
3 years ago#35
Was sick of the Wii not having any games I wanted, and the PS3 had Valkyria Chronicles, with the Skies characters making an appearance in it (<3 SoA, it was one of the few games I said I'd buy a console for a sequel to, and Valkyria seemed the closest I was ever going to get).

So, it was my first non-Nintendo console. The Tales games it's getting now might also have tempted me over, if Valkyria hadn't.

User Info: mouchou

mouchou
3 years ago#36
Cause it had Virtua Fighter 5 on release, and once it was released on 360 in a much better adaptation the PS have been collecting dust fo a while, till Little Big Planet.

User Info: calhoun1389

calhoun1389
3 years ago#37
All-purpose Blu-Ray Player. I'm an entertainment kind of guy, which means I generally spend hundreds (if not thousands, I don't honestly keep track) on multi-media entertainment every year. When the choice was either $600 or more* for the Xbox or $300 for the PS3, I was pretty sold.

*This being the price of an Xbox and the Blu-Ray player needed to upgrade to Blu-Ray.
My first born, Jackson was born on Friday, May 11, 2012.
'I just wanted to be the best Pokemon Master I could be." - Michael Vick

User Info: mcsmellington

mcsmellington
3 years ago#38
Kamanick posted...
mcsmellington posted...
I got mine last Christmas for the exclusives. Needless to say, I'm a bit disappointed.

Well taking a quick look at your games collection, you haven't played:

Uncharted 1
Uncharted 2
Uncharted 3
Killzone 2
Killzone 3
Resistance 1
Resistance 2
Resistance 3
God of War 1
God of War 2
God of War 3
Infamous
Infamous 2
Heavy Rain
Metal Gear Solid 4
Gran Turismo 5

I played a lot of those on other peoples PS3's:

Uncharted 1 and 2 were on a housemates PS3. 3 I played on my own, and finished it. It should be on my list >_>

Killzone 3 I played a few hours of on my PS3, but didn't like it. I played the first on PS2 and just found the characters and universe utterly boring.

Resistance 1, 2 and 3 should all be on my profile, I played them all on my PS3. They're enjoyable, but hardly an exclusive worth buying a console for.

GoW1/2 I played on PS2, 3 should be on my profile, I only played it a few months back. Solid series, but again nothing I'd consider worthy of buying a console for.

Infamous 1 I played on a housemates console, 2 I played on my own when I bought it. Didn't think much of the series tbh, you feel like the worlds weakest superhero.

Heavy Rain, played on another console. Loved it, a fantastic game.

MGS4, played on another console. Probably the biggest disappointment this generation. It was playable, but such a massive step down compared to 3.

GT5- don't play racing games tbh.

So I've played the majority of that list, just most of it was a few years back on someone else's network ID.

The best exclusive I've played is Journey, that's a truly brilliant experience.

EDIT: Are you looking at my Gamefaqs collection? I only started using that recently, so it's missing games I traded in (I've played hundreds more games than that, I just trade or eBay them when I'm done).
GT: McPoo
PSN/NNID: McSmellington

User Info: kesah

kesah
3 years ago#39
Exclusives. Uncharted/Infamous/God of War/Last of Us. Everything else I buy for either 360 or PC, as all of my friends play those, I'm one of the few with w PS3.

User Info: AnonUnknown

AnonUnknown
3 years ago#40
exclusives, third party games, sequels, to play certain games not running well on my current PC without thinking about requirements, and arcade ports.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Why did you buy a Playstation 3?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived