This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why did you buy a Playstation 3?

#31theshovellerPosted 12/13/2012 11:20:51 AM
Other:

It's a game system. They're kind of "my thing."
#32SCStunner316Posted 12/13/2012 11:27:57 AM
Exclusives, Blu-Rays, and PS1 Classics (although that might be considered exclusives, as well).
---
Last.FM: http://www.last.fm/user/BBFootBallr54
Twitter: @IAmBPBurke
#33KamanickPosted 12/13/2012 11:39:05 AM
mcsmellington posted...
I got mine last Christmas for the exclusives. Needless to say, I'm a bit disappointed.

Well taking a quick look at your games collection, you haven't played:

Uncharted 1
Uncharted 2
Uncharted 3
Killzone 2
Killzone 3
Resistance 1
Resistance 2
Resistance 3
God of War 1
God of War 2
God of War 3
Infamous
Infamous 2
Heavy Rain
Metal Gear Solid 4
Gran Turismo 5
---
PSN: liam6678
"If you're going to kick authority in the teeth, you might as well use both feet"
#34LifelessBoyPosted 12/13/2012 11:41:28 AM
Uncharted, Uncharted 2, Uncharted 3, Metal Gear Solid 4 and Little Big Planet 2. All multiplats go to my PC and 360.

I haven't turned it on in months. Been waiting for The Last Of Us. That's going to be awesome.
---
http://bf3stats.com/stats_360/YFAL%20Putipuelko
Don't flame me bro. GT: YFAL Putipuelko
#35Ampharos64Posted 12/13/2012 11:48:44 AM
Was sick of the Wii not having any games I wanted, and the PS3 had Valkyria Chronicles, with the Skies characters making an appearance in it (<3 SoA, it was one of the few games I said I'd buy a console for a sequel to, and Valkyria seemed the closest I was ever going to get).

So, it was my first non-Nintendo console. The Tales games it's getting now might also have tempted me over, if Valkyria hadn't.
#36mouchouPosted 12/13/2012 11:53:22 AM
Cause it had Virtua Fighter 5 on release, and once it was released on 360 in a much better adaptation the PS have been collecting dust fo a while, till Little Big Planet.
#37calhoun1389Posted 12/13/2012 11:57:09 AM
All-purpose Blu-Ray Player. I'm an entertainment kind of guy, which means I generally spend hundreds (if not thousands, I don't honestly keep track) on multi-media entertainment every year. When the choice was either $600 or more* for the Xbox or $300 for the PS3, I was pretty sold.

*This being the price of an Xbox and the Blu-Ray player needed to upgrade to Blu-Ray.
---
My first born, Jackson was born on Friday, May 11, 2012.
'I just wanted to be the best Pokemon Master I could be." - Michael Vick
#38mcsmellingtonPosted 12/13/2012 11:59:55 AM(edited)
Kamanick posted...
mcsmellington posted...
I got mine last Christmas for the exclusives. Needless to say, I'm a bit disappointed.

Well taking a quick look at your games collection, you haven't played:

Uncharted 1
Uncharted 2
Uncharted 3
Killzone 2
Killzone 3
Resistance 1
Resistance 2
Resistance 3
God of War 1
God of War 2
God of War 3
Infamous
Infamous 2
Heavy Rain
Metal Gear Solid 4
Gran Turismo 5

I played a lot of those on other peoples PS3's:

Uncharted 1 and 2 were on a housemates PS3. 3 I played on my own, and finished it. It should be on my list >_>

Killzone 3 I played a few hours of on my PS3, but didn't like it. I played the first on PS2 and just found the characters and universe utterly boring.

Resistance 1, 2 and 3 should all be on my profile, I played them all on my PS3. They're enjoyable, but hardly an exclusive worth buying a console for.

GoW1/2 I played on PS2, 3 should be on my profile, I only played it a few months back. Solid series, but again nothing I'd consider worthy of buying a console for.

Infamous 1 I played on a housemates console, 2 I played on my own when I bought it. Didn't think much of the series tbh, you feel like the worlds weakest superhero.

Heavy Rain, played on another console. Loved it, a fantastic game.

MGS4, played on another console. Probably the biggest disappointment this generation. It was playable, but such a massive step down compared to 3.

GT5- don't play racing games tbh.

So I've played the majority of that list, just most of it was a few years back on someone else's network ID.

The best exclusive I've played is Journey, that's a truly brilliant experience.

EDIT: Are you looking at my Gamefaqs collection? I only started using that recently, so it's missing games I traded in (I've played hundreds more games than that, I just trade or eBay them when I'm done).
---
GT: McPoo
PSN/NNID: McSmellington
#39kesahPosted 12/13/2012 11:59:53 AM
Exclusives. Uncharted/Infamous/God of War/Last of Us. Everything else I buy for either 360 or PC, as all of my friends play those, I'm one of the few with w PS3.
#40AnonUnknownPosted 12/13/2012 12:07:21 PM
exclusives, third party games, sequels, to play certain games not running well on my current PC without thinking about requirements, and arcade ports.