This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why did you buy a Playstation 3?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Why did you buy a Playstation 3?
3 years ago#61
Because the Wii was not acceptable as a primary gaming console.
Here I come, King of Heroes! Do you have enough weapons at your disposal? - Emiya Shirou
3 years ago#62
I bought mine for MGS4, played it for an hour, aaaand gave my ps3 no real attention ever since.

I was pretty addicted to Tokyo Jungle for awhile though.
3 years ago#63
Never planned on getting a ps3, but I ended up winning one in some contest about 2 1/2 years ago.
3 years ago#64
I bought mine after the $100 price drop in late summer of '07.
I haven't regretted it, but now it's mostly a NetFlix player.

My hard-disc is full of music over 300 albums and I transfer it to my PSP Go and PSP and when memory cards are cheap for the Vita, I'll be using it for music.

I can't wait for the new "Tales of X." to come out and "NNK" looks great from studio Ghibi.
The Infinite Improbability Drive is our New Hope
3 years ago#65
I didnt. My dad did for my bro for his 9th grade graduation. Its practically mine now since he dont use it.

And how is the "Gift" option in last place? Im guessing a lot of you have jobs, but there must be more than 9 people that voted that during 2006-2009, didnt have a job//got great gifts for Christmas/or any other holiday/occasion//were still kids/teens.
Cool Smash is an action movie in where Matrix-and-X-Men-like characters fight in the warehouse that appeared in the first episode of Falling Skies.
3 years ago#66
I got my first PS3 because it was backwards compatible and played blu-ray.

Then i purchased my 2nd PS3 because my 1st died for the 2nd time and I

didnt want to get it fixed again for the same price as a new one
"They all float down here"
3 years ago#67
I got a PS3 because: I do like playstation (especially the controller) and in all honesty Final Fantasy versus Xlll. ( this is before i found out it had been in development for about 5 years at the time.)
3 years ago#68
Other: it was getting panned at launch and I wanted to see what it was really like. I got a good deal getting a phone and a 'free' ps3. Then a quarter of the way through my contract my bill was halved. Result!
God save our gracious Queen, Long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen!
not changing this sig until we have a King - started: 30/8/2008
3 years ago#69
For kingdom hearts 3. Doesn't look like that's gonna happen this gen though,
3 years ago#70
The only reason was due to Sony's exclusives. Which is also why I'll be getting the next PS.

Edit: I didn't buy one until a year after it launched.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Why did you buy a Playstation 3?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived